ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Europe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
AdvSplash OP
Find the world
 
AdvSplash's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Wiltshire, Great Britain
Oddometer: 46
UK - Mainland Europe May 11th - 25th 2013

Fellow ADVer's,

I'm off to Mainland Europe from the UK on Saturday 11th May 2013, for 14 days returning on Saturday 25th May 2013.

I don't really have any plans, taking two days to get down to Lake Geneva then possibly picking up the Route Des Grande Alps and then where ever I feel as that route won't take too long. I would like to head to Austria taking in Furka Pass and Stelvio to get to Grosslockner then head back through the Swiss Alps...

I plan to camp and mainly taking things easy at night, get the miles in during the day depending on what's happening!

If anyone is over that way, or interested in coming along - Post, Post, Post!
__________________
Live It. Don't Save It.

'12 Honda NC700X

*One Young Rider. One Destination. One Week.
AdvSplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
John933
GSX 1400
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: King's Lynn, Norfolk
Oddometer: 140
Ok it may not be what you want. But I'm off to Portugal at the end of May. For a bit longer than two week's. The connection is I'm looking for a share in the cost down and back.

Ride France, Spain, and then the southern coast road's of Portugal. Lot of sun and a few

Done a few of them down that way so know where to stop and how to make the money last.

I would like to go out from Dover on an early crossing round about 17th to the 21st. Know a place in Dover that is a 10 over night stay. Get up early been on the dock round 7/8 am. To give you a full day to get some way down France, and in to the sun. If interested give me a shout.
John933
John933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:06 AM   #3
AdvSplash OP
Find the world
 
AdvSplash's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Wiltshire, Great Britain
Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by John933 View Post
Ok it may not be what you want. But I'm off to Portugal at the end of May. For a bit longer than two week's. The connection is I'm looking for a share in the cost down and back.

Ride France, Spain, and then the southern coast road's of Portugal. Lot of sun and a few

Done a few of them down that way so know where to stop and how to make the money last.

I would like to go out from Dover on an early crossing round about 17th to the 21st. Know a place in Dover that is a 10 over night stay. Get up early been on the dock round 7/8 am. To give you a full day to get some way down France, and in to the sun. If interested give me a shout.
John933
Hi John,

All good but I can only get the two middle weeks of a month off due to how we organise ourselves, and asking for time off during month end is a no no unfortunately at work.

but if your plans change, let me know,

:)
__________________
Live It. Don't Save It.

'12 Honda NC700X

*One Young Rider. One Destination. One Week.
AdvSplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
Tripletrouble
Farkle addict
 
Tripletrouble's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Llantrisant, South Wales
Oddometer: 71
Are you on the Eurotunnel or ferry?
If the former, we're coming back the same day as you although sadly only going for a week.
Tripletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
AdvSplash OP
Find the world
 
AdvSplash's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Wiltshire, Great Britain
Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripletrouble View Post
Are you on the Eurotunnel or ferry?
If the former, we're coming back the same day as you although sadly only going for a week.
Ferry both ways :) (Can't beat them! :) )

A week is better than nothing, where are you heading?
__________________
Live It. Don't Save It.

'12 Honda NC700X

*One Young Rider. One Destination. One Week.
AdvSplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
John933
GSX 1400
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: King's Lynn, Norfolk
Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvSplash View Post
Hi John,

All good but I can only get the two middle weeks of a month off due to how we organise ourselves, and asking for time off during month end is a no no unfortunately at work.

but if your plans change, let me know,

:)
I'll keep that in mind. Look out the window at the moment. With snow on the ground June could be better than May.

I'll see if I can PM you.

John933
John933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
AdvSplash OP
Find the world
 
AdvSplash's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Wiltshire, Great Britain
Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by John933 View Post
I'll keep that in mind. Look out the window at the moment. With snow on the ground June could be better than May.

I'll see if I can PM you.

John933
No Snow down South ;)
__________________
Live It. Don't Save It.

'12 Honda NC700X

*One Young Rider. One Destination. One Week.
AdvSplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #8
John933
GSX 1400
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: King's Lynn, Norfolk
Oddometer: 140
Right before we get too deep in to this, Where you said you want to go and where I want to go is two different place's. I'm not looking at camping. For a few bob extra you can get cheap hotel's, Buy food as we need it. Lest stuff to cart round. I can get a hotel complex in Portugal for round 80/100 mark. For a week. So that's a nice bed shower sheet's and sun.

To me that make's sense. Company on the way down. A pool and a few sherbert dip's. If it's a go'er I'll do some looking round and see about a booking.
John933
John933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #9
AdvSplash OP
Find the world
 
AdvSplash's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Wiltshire, Great Britain
Oddometer: 46
Laugh

I just like camping, money isn't an issue, that's just what I prefer - Out in the wilderness, in foreign land exposed to all factors - Can't beat it!

Portugal does sound very tempting, but I have to ride some passes in France / Italy / Switzerland / Austria.
__________________
Live It. Don't Save It.

'12 Honda NC700X

*One Young Rider. One Destination. One Week.
AdvSplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:08 AM   #10
John933
GSX 1400
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: King's Lynn, Norfolk
Oddometer: 140
I'm not sure what to do next?

Do you want a face to face meet? Some where half way between your place and mine. Get a dinner in a cafe. See if we can work something out? Or I can see us plodding through mud on the board and getting nowhere.
John933
John933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #11
RTLover
Beastly Adventurer
 
RTLover's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: West-central France
Oddometer: 3,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by John933 View Post
I'm not sure what to do next?

Do you want a face to face meet? Some where half way between your place and mine. Get a dinner in a cafe. See if we can work something out? Or I can see us plodding through mud on the board and getting nowhere.
John933
Get a room!
__________________
R1200RT
RTLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #12
AdvSplash OP
Find the world
 
AdvSplash's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Wiltshire, Great Britain
Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTLover View Post
Get a room!


John,

unless I'm mistaken, I'm going earlier than you and to the East, unless you have changed your plans? Let me know

Cheers

Ash
__________________
Live It. Don't Save It.

'12 Honda NC700X

*One Young Rider. One Destination. One Week.
AdvSplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:35 AM   #13
panFiluta
n00b
 
panFiluta's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: middle of Middle Europe
Oddometer: 9
I'm also looking for some destinations for a trip mid-May, but only for a week or so.

About your plan - you might be lucky, but I think most of passes in Route Des Grande Alpes will be closed, as well as Stelvio and Furka Pass.

I had similar route last year (end of May + first week in June) and had to skip northern part of RTGA and Switzerland because of the snow.
panFiluta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #14
AdvSplash OP
Find the world
 
AdvSplash's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Wiltshire, Great Britain
Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by panFiluta View Post
I'm also looking for some destinations for a trip mid-May, but only for a week or so.

About your plan - you might be lucky, but I think most of passes in Route Des Grande Alpes will be closed, as well as Stelvio and Furka Pass.

I had similar route last year (end of May + first week in June) and had to skip northern part of RTGA and Switzerland because of the snow.
Just going to go, do what I can, if it's bad I'll head around France or down to Spain!

Let me know if you fancy meeting up for a few days, not sure where you are based.
__________________
Live It. Don't Save It.

'12 Honda NC700X

*One Young Rider. One Destination. One Week.
AdvSplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #15
panFiluta
n00b
 
panFiluta's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: middle of Middle Europe
Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvSplash View Post
if it's bad I'll head around France or down to Spain!
Good solution!

Didn't mean to discourage you, just so you know what to expect.

I'll let you know if/when I decide where I want to go...but I usually have more trips in mind and choose direction where I feel like going just the day before departure ;) I'm from Czech so it's pretty close (or far, depends on mood;)) everywhere (Alps, Balkan,..)
panFiluta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014