Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #196
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,758
I will hit you up Darryl when some funds free up. I have PIAA 510 ATP on there now and actually like them. As I don't ride much after dark they are more for daytime visibility. I do think they would come in handy soon as the driveway/road combo is mostly melted but really muddy. Maybe when I get back from FL and some beach time I can then start this season off with some riding again. On a F800GS and will probably keep them separate from regular light switch as I am too much of a goober to make that work. I'll just follow the PIAA lines and mirror them to a successful hookup.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #197
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post

Are there other Photos that you guys would like to see?
How far is it to the furthest flag?
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #198
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
I will hit you up Darryl when some funds free up. I have PIAA 510 ATP on there now and actually like them. As I don't ride much after dark they are more for daytime visibility. I do think they would come in handy soon as the driveway/road combo is mostly melted but really muddy. Maybe when I get back from FL and some beach time I can then start this season off with some riding again. On a F800GS and will probably keep them separate from regular light switch as I am too much of a goober to make that work. I'll just follow the PIAA lines and mirror them to a successful hookup.
Thank You. I also liked my Piaas on my older GS, Enjoy the beach!! We should have mounts and a plug and play kit for the GS800n here shortly. However,Using the piaa stuff wont be an issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
How far is it to the furthest flag?
The flags are at 100ft intervals, tree line at 350 ft.
There is not another LED aux light that can achieve that distance.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #199
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Dimmers

I have been getting lots of PM's and calls about the dimmer setup.
Hopefully I can clear some common Q's up here.

1.We can offer a single pole (on/off)handle bar mounted switch, dimming via your high beam switch. If you want this, please let me know with a pm, call or email when placing your order.

2. You can run no switch at all,That would require that the Aux lights are always on with the headlight, dimming here would be threw the factory switch.

3. The full dimable harness comes with a multi function switch. This switch controls on/off and high/low operation. With this switch you can also do one of the above options.

I like my Aux lights to be completely independent of factory headlights, since the Long Range is far more powerful than your headlight, I usuallly ride with my headlight on low and use the LEDs dimming function for high/low operation.
In this case All LED functions are controlled by the Handle bar mounted switch, No key fob shenanigans, or trying to figure out how to mount a box on your bike.
This switch also has the capacity to power other equipment on your bike, It has a momentary switch and another port that is off on low beam and on during high beam operation, You can run another set of lights, push to pass, kill buttons, horns,grip heaters etc. If you don't want those functions simply don't use them.
Here is a photo of the switch mounted on the mule.
1-800-624-0278

Off Road Ryder screwed with this post 03-13-2013 at 08:26 PM
Old 03-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #200
DSM8
Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer: 3,666
Thumb Testing

I have hesitated to post in this thread since we are not completed in our testing but will point out a few things.

I have two of his lights, the 10w long range and a 6LED light bar. I also have lights from Grody, ANZO and several other vendors to compare them against.

The 10W long range really do put out a decent light for the wattage and the range is well over 500'.

The light bar basically floods the area out in front of the bike to 100+'

For my application which is more slow speed technical riding I found the flood effect I get from the light bar is much better suited. If I were looking for a more high speed application where range was needed to prevent myself for overriding my lights then the long range would be the ticket.

With that said either product is very well suited to its intended task and the quality of the light output is superior to the lesser brand tested.

Below are two pictures just for reference. The wall in the back yard is 75' from the lights. All pictures were taken from same spot and the lights were also mounted in the same location as well.

10W single LED

Light Bar 8" long

This is what the ANZO light put out. A lot more yellow and dim and that is with 6 LEDS in their light.

DSM8 screwed with this post 04-02-2013 at 08:29 PM
DSM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #201
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,220
Maybe it has been answered but for the slow Dane. Does the light bar (8") fit underneath the 950 headlight????

Best regards
Mikael
Old 03-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #202
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM8 View Post
I have hesitated to post in this thread since we are not completed in our testing but will point out a few things.

I have two of his lights, the 10w long range and a 6LED light bar. I also have lights from Grody, ANZO and several other vendors to compare them against.

The 10W long range really do put out a decent light for the wattage and the range is well over 500'.

The light bar basically floods the area out in front of the bike to 100+'

For my kind of riding this is preferred.

Below are two pictures just for reference. The wall in the back yard is 75' from the lights. All pictures were taken from same spot and the lights were also mounted in the same location as well.

10W single LED

Light Bar 8" long

This is what the ANZO light put out. A lot more yellow and dim and that is with 6 LEDS in their light.

Thanks for the posting. Did the build quality differ much between the lights?
1-800-624-0278
Old 03-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #203
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocuL View Post
Maybe it has been answered but for the slow Dane. Does the light bar (8") fit underneath the 950 headlight????

Best regards
Mikael
Kind of like this?

1-800-624-0278
Old 03-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #204
Ned Kelly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
DSM8,
Nice pics. Which 8" light bar is that?
Ned Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #205
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,581
Not to open a can of worms with the comparison pictures or anything, but have you done a comparison with the Clearwater Kristas?
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #206
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe View Post
Not to open a can of worms with the comparison pictures or anything, but have you done a comparison with the Clearwater Kristas?
No can of worms to be opened.
I stand behind everything in this thread 1000%
If your looking for a long distance light there is no other LED that carries the distance of the 10 deg Long Range. Several higher wattage LEDs put out more light closer to the bike, none throw the distance. I absolutely feel these are the best aux lights currently available at a reasonable cost.
The CW K's are quality lights.
In Price, The Kristas do cost twice as much. In distance they fall well short of what the long range 10 or 20 degree is capable of.
Take a look at the size and depth of the long ranges reflector compared to every led aux light on the market, It is far deeper and larger. Larger,deeper reflectors produce better performance. This reflector is unmatched in the market.
Very soon you will start seeing articles in publications that confirm the facts that I have laid out here. Lumen ratings don't really mean much in todays market place.

watt per watt, dollar to dollar these are by far the best value in Aux Lighting today
1-800-624-0278

Off Road Ryder screwed with this post 04-01-2013 at 12:44 PM
Old 03-14-2013, 11:22 PM   #207
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Hello, I have a few possibly stupid questions.

On a street bike only driven bike are the long range lights (10w) the best thing you have to improve visibility? My concern is that from looking at the photographs that they may be too bright and cause problems with on coming traffic. Which leads to the next question. I like the idea of wiring them in to the dimmer switch so that when you go to high beam you have 100 percent of light available but my concern is that on low beam it may still put out too much light and cause problems. I know aiming is a big part of this equation but you dont want all that light right on the ground in front of you.

The stock headlights these days (55w/60w) just barely get you by and I would like more light in the dark coupled with being able to be seen better during the daylight hours.

What do you think the best way to go on a street driven bike only?

I am not ready to buy just yet but I will go out of my way to help somebody with good customer service and buy something for a change that is NOT MADE IN CHINA.

Thanks.
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #208
DSM8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Kelly View Post
DSM8,
Nice pics. Which 8" light bar is that?
Got it from this vendor.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:37 PM   #209
DSM8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe View Post
I have looked at the Clearwater lights, they are a high quality light, I have not used them but then again my application is different, same reason I dont use the long range lights from this vendor, my needs are better met by the light bar (close up flood light needs). Not suitable to my application.

In short all the products I have looked at come down to two groups.

Those like this vendors, the Krista's etc are a very high quality. Unlike the Anzo lights which are chinese and you can tell in the quality of the light output (as seen in the picture) and housing.

Note all of these lights are brand new in the pictures so your seeing apples to apples right out of the box. All were powered off a solid state 12V DC inverter so each was provided a clean power source and not from a batt that was getting wore down as it went from light to light.

That said, I am pleased with the quality of Cyclops products and the price point makes it very hard to beat.

DSM8 screwed with this post 04-02-2013 at 08:32 PM
Old 03-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #210
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
Hello, I have a few possibly stupid questions.

On a street bike only driven bike are the long range lights (10w) the best thing you have to improve visibility? My concern is that from looking at the photographs that they may be too bright and cause problems with on coming traffic. Which leads to the next question. I like the idea of wiring them in to the dimmer switch so that when you go to high beam you have 100 percent of light available but my concern is that on low beam it may still put out too much light and cause problems. I know aiming is a big part of this equation but you don't want all that light right on the ground in front of you.

The stock headlights these days (55w/60w) just barely get you by and I would like more light in the dark coupled with being able to be seen better during the daylight hours.

What do you think the best way to go on a street driven bike only?

I am not ready to buy just yet but I will go out of my way to help somebody with good customer service and buy something for a change that is NOT MADE IN CHINA.

Thanks.
We have a lot of other quality products to choose from. here is a link to our aux lights page
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=categories&id=17

These lights are slightly lower in Kelvin color than many others, That will help with glare to oncoming drivers, riding in rain,fog etc.
Like you mentioned aim is very important, You do not need to aim them into the ground to prevent glare to oncoming cars, I leave mine in a reasonable spot for both good visibility and good forward lighting.
they could be aimed up a bit more for farther distance.
I have intentionally attempted to get flashed or pulled over, Not being an ass, but using the lights like a customer would. So far I have had no issues and am very pleased.
The 10 or 20 degree lights dont really create any more glare for oncoming drivers than any other LED light.
I do feel these are the best lights at the best price going for street or dirt, They would be my recommendation.
We can offer you more expensive lights that do less, But I probably wouldn't have a returning customer.
Thanks for the questions.
Maybe I should get some forward looking shots at the shop Mule?
1-800-624-0278