ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Alaska
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
TheSeeker OP
Slingin' Steel
 
TheSeeker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: The Last Frontier, Fairbanks, Alaska
Oddometer: 198
Cool2 Trail's End BMW Checking in... with fresh info on the GSW's!

Hello Alaska ADVriders! I am fresh back from Morocco and test riding the new BMW R1200GS Water-Cooled Boxer.

BMW will continue to dominate the Adventure Touring market with the new GS model. The overwhelming response at the International Dealer Release in Marrakech, Morocco was "REFINED". The bike is definitely still quintessentially 'GS'! Yet it has been refined in nearly every aspect imaginable.

I will be reporting on this bike and sharing pictures from the event as soon as I can catch my breath.

I do want to let everyone know that we have a select few 2012 BMW motorcycles on the floor. BMW has some super exciting incentives going on these models for the month of March only! Get in touch with me if you are interested in what we've got!

Otherwise stay tuned for more info. on my 12 day tour through Morocco and the test ride and training on the new R1200GSW!

Cheers,
Justin
Trail's End BMW
(907) 456-3265
(800) 656-3265

TheSeeker screwed with this post 03-28-2013 at 06:50 PM
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
Fighter
Head Gruver
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Alaska
Oddometer: 4,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeker View Post
Hello Alaska ADVriders! I am fresh back from Morocco and test riding the new BMW R1200GS Water-Cooled Boxer.

BMW will continue to dominate the Adventure Touring market with the new GS model. The overwhelming response at the International Dealer Release in Marrakech, Morocco was "REFINED". The bike is definitely still quintessentially 'GS'! Yet it has been refined in nearly every aspect imaginable.

I will be reporting on this bike and sharing pictures from the event as soon as I can catch my breath.

I do want to let everyone know that we have a select few 2012 BMW motorcycles on the floor. BMW has some super exciting incentives going on these models for the month of March only! Get in touch with me if you are interested in what we've got!

Otherwise stay tuned for more info. on my 12 day tour through Morocco and the test ride and training on the new R1200GSW!

Cheers,
Justin
Trail's End BMW
(907) 456-3265
(800) 656-3265
Welcome back dude.
Anxiously awaiting your report.
Fite
__________________
Go long... go fast... take no prisoners.
Ride hard or stay home!
Team Pterodactyl Northern Command
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
KHuddy
Big Sky Country
 
KHuddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Pterodactyl Outpost
Oddometer: 2,751
Justin, you always draw the tough assignments....Moab and then Morocco in the same 6 months. Hey did you ever get any insurance for your medical expenses in Canada?

Try to ride a water cooled GS to D2D and then you can share some of what you learned in Morocco.

Welcome back.
__________________
Kevin
KHuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
Fighter
Head Gruver
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Alaska
Oddometer: 4,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHuddy View Post
Justin, you always draw the tough assignments....Moab and then Morocco in the same 6 months. Hey did you ever get any insurance for your medical expenses in Canada?

Try to ride a water cooled GS to D2D and then you can share some of what you learned in Morocco.

Welcome back.
How ya feelin' buddy????
Fite
__________________
Go long... go fast... take no prisoners.
Ride hard or stay home!
Team Pterodactyl Northern Command
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #5
Cubdriver
Stampede Swimmer
 
Cubdriver's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Palmer, Alaska
Oddometer: 678
Hey Justin. Welcome back. See you this weekend maybe, huh? Well drop by the shop to say hello. Dick
__________________
09 R1200R, F800GS, HD Softail..... OOPS not on this site

For Mrs CD:F650GS, G650GS
Cubdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:04 AM   #6
KHuddy
Big Sky Country
 
KHuddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Pterodactyl Outpost
Oddometer: 2,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
How ya feelin' buddy????
Fite
Better everyday.
__________________
Kevin
KHuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti
 
AKDuc's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Oddometer: 6,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHuddy View Post
Better everyday.
Good to hear. Heal up.

Mark H.
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #8
Solarmoose
electric
 
Solarmoose's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Fairbanks
Oddometer: 697
report

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeker View Post
Hello Alaska ADVriders! I am fresh back from Morocco and test riding the new BMW R1200GS Water-Cooled Boxer.

BMW will continue to dominate the Adventure Touring market with the new GS model. The overwhelming response at the International Dealer Release in Marrakech, Morocco was "REFINED". The bike is definitely still quintessentially 'GS'! Yet it has been refined in nearly every aspect imaginable.

I will be reporting on this bike and sharing pictures from the event as soon as I can catch my breath.

I do want to let everyone know that we have a select few 2012 BMW motorcycles on the floor. BMW has some super exciting incentives going on these models for the month of March only! Get in touch with me if you are interested in what we've got!

Otherwise stay tuned for more info. on my 12 day tour through Morocco and the test ride and training on the new R1200GSW!

Cheers,
Justin
Trail's End BMW
(907) 456-3265
(800) 656-3265
Sounded like a great time and great times require great reports!

Maybe combine a Sunday Airhead tech session with a presentation at our shop sometime in April?
Solarmoose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #9
The Dick
CFDVN/BRICK
 
The Dick's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Dawson City
Oddometer: 416
Yo Kevin

Just thought I would check in with ADV and there you are! COOL!

Great to hear that you are on the mend and in attack mode.

Carry on and looking forward to seeing you!

Cheers
__________________
The Dick
Team Pterodactyl Canadian HQ
N64 03.268' W139 26.214'
The Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #10
MotoMamma
Living Life
 
MotoMamma's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Oddometer: 1,096
Question Team USA Next

Kevin glad to see you are feeling better!

I think Justin and Scott Should be on the next Team USA!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHuddy View Post
Justin, you always draw the tough assignments....Moab and then Morocco in the same 6 months. Hey did you ever get any insurance for your medical expenses in Canada?

Try to ride a water cooled GS to D2D and then you can share some of what you learned in Morocco.

Welcome back.
__________________
Team Pterodactyl

All of us have a thousand wishes. A cancer patient only has one wish, to kick cancer's ass.
MotoMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #11
TheSeeker OP
Slingin' Steel
 
TheSeeker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: The Last Frontier, Fairbanks, Alaska
Oddometer: 198
Hey kev!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHuddy View Post
Justin, you always draw the tough assignments....Moab and then Morocco in the same 6 months. Hey did you ever get any insurance for your medical expenses in Canada?

Try to ride a water cooled GS to D2D and then you can share some of what you learned in Morocco.

Welcome back.
I really did score this year with back to back awesome assignments. On the whole Canada thing... my insurance basically laughed at me.

However, I talked about it all with a Canadian Health Services lady down in Vancouver. She was very sweet and said, "eh?" a lot but in the end I owed them much less than before I chatted with her. Far from free health care... but this fine Canadian gal was very helpful and understanding. Much more than I could ever say about talking to anyone in the Health Insurance industry here in the good 'ol USA.
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #12
TheSeeker OP
Slingin' Steel
 
TheSeeker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: The Last Frontier, Fairbanks, Alaska
Oddometer: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarmoose View Post
Sounded like a great time and great times require great reports!

Maybe combine a Sunday Airhead tech session with a presentation at our shop sometime in April?

Hey Solarmoose... I love the idea of doing a presentation at your shop. I'll have my first GSW in a few days and should have the fully loaded model in a couple weeks.
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:04 AM   #13
TheSeeker OP
Slingin' Steel
 
TheSeeker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: The Last Frontier, Fairbanks, Alaska
Oddometer: 198
Laugh Here's a couple pics from the GSW test ride...



Brad from Northern Colorado Euro Motos ripping!























__________________
BMW Manager - Sales Monkey
Trail's End BMW - Outpost Alaska H-D
Fairbanks, Alaska
trailsendbmw@gmail.com
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014