ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 04:29 AM   #436
RFVC600R
SAND EATER!
 
RFVC600R's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: SAND LAND
Oddometer: 2,121
I wanna ride but apparently my XL600 is a piece of shit.

You guys looked like you had a lot of fun!
__________________
'83 Honda XL600R 618cc 11:1 Wiseco, XR's Only Exhaust, big tube header, 6 Sigma stage 3 carb mods

RIDE RED!
RFVC600R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #437
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
St. Patty's

Where and when?



.
Did I hear someone say BEER?
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #438
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,161
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
Did I hear someone say BEER?
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #439
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
What ever it is, I'll be good and hung over on Sunday since I'm going to see Empty #7 on Saturday night at Dirty Nellys Irish Pub and Grill.

By the way, these guys rock. All are my five year old daughter's friends dads.

Give them a listen here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Empty-...app_2405167945

IF you want to show up, it's $20 and for a good cause. It's a fund raiser to send a womans soccer team to Italy for the Women's Masters tournament.

notmybikemodelname screwed with this post 03-12-2013 at 09:53 AM
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #440
pcvance
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 4,677
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
Sunday March 17... anyone ?
YES! On the green hill!
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #441
Pucker
This is gonna hurt
 
Pucker's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Here & There
Oddometer: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
What ever it is, I'll be good and hung over on Sunday since I'm going to see Empty #7 on Saturday night at Dirty Nellys Irish Pub and Grill.

By the way, these guys rock. All are my five year old daughter's friends dads.

Give them a listen here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Empty-...app_2405167945

IF you want to show up, it's $20 and for a good cause. It's a fund raiser to send a womans soccer team to Italy for the Women's Masters tournament.
Hey Rob - can't make Dirty Nelly's on Sat, but The American Wake is playing at Quinn's Pub in Tustin on Friday. I'll be in town for a soberectomy & that's one place I might end up. If you show up, bring a camera. I don't plan on remembering much.

Never been there before.
Don't know if there's a cover.
No philanthropic cause that I know of.
Not familiar with American Wake.
I think alcohol of some sort may be present.
__________________
Pucker
If you're not doin it, you're not riding hard enough.
Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #442
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucker View Post
Hey Rob - can't make Dirty Nelly's on Sat, but The American Wake is playing at Quinn's Pub in Tustin on Friday. I'll be in town for a soberectomy & that's one place I might end up. If you show up, bring a camera. I don't plan on remembering much.

Never been there before.
Don't know if there's a cover.
No philanthropic cause that I know of.
Not familiar with American Wake.
I think alcohol of some sort may be present.
You can go here and listen to their music. http://www.theamericanwake.com/discography.htm

Kind of Pogues, Dropkick Murphys, Black 47, Flogging Molly vibe. Good Irish bar brawling music.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #443
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Apple Valley California
Oddometer: 487
I may be able to ride Sunday but have to ride my 300 2 stroke. Got my 530 prepped an for an overnight ride from my house in Apple Valley to Pioneertown next Thursday and don't want to break or bend anything on that bike that would make me miss the P Town ride.

I've lived in High Desert for 33 years and might know where the good trails are.
__________________
Location: The Great Mojave
Mojave Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #444
RFVC600R
SAND EATER!
 
RFVC600R's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: SAND LAND
Oddometer: 2,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave Mutt View Post
II've lived in High Desert for 33 years and might know where the good trails are.

Well dont bogart them!
__________________
'83 Honda XL600R 618cc 11:1 Wiseco, XR's Only Exhaust, big tube header, 6 Sigma stage 3 carb mods

RIDE RED!
RFVC600R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #445
Kap
Single Track Scalpel
 
Kap's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Apple Valley Ca.
Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave Mutt View Post
I may be able to ride Sunday but have to ride my 300 2 stroke. Got my 530 prepped an for an overnight ride from my house in Apple Valley to Pioneertown next Thursday and don't want to break or bend anything on that bike that would make me miss the P Town ride.

I've lived in High Desert for 33 years and might know where the good trails are.
Any chance you have some gps tracks for that ride. I'd like to do it but work during the week.
__________________
This shit aint checkers, its chess !!
Kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #446
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave Mutt View Post
I may be able to ride Sunday but have to ride my 300 2 stroke. Got my 530 prepped an for an overnight ride from my house in Apple Valley to Pioneertown next Thursday and don't want to break or bend anything on that bike that would make me miss the P Town ride.

I've lived in High Desert for 33 years and might know where the good trails are.


__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #447
Mojave Mutt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Apple Valley California
Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap View Post
Any chance you have some gps tracks for that ride. I'd like to do it but work during the week.
I'll send you a cleaned up track after the ride. Should be 250 to 300 miles miles round trip depending on what we end up riding. The route has alot of good trails and a decent amount of singletrack, plus the usual dualsport transfer sections. Easy fuel stops. Pioneertown is about 75 miles on the highway from AV as you may know.
__________________
Location: The Great Mojave
Mojave Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #448
Kap
Single Track Scalpel
 
Kap's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Apple Valley Ca.
Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave Mutt View Post
I'll send you a cleaned up track after the ride. Should be 250 to 300 miles miles round trip depending on what we end up riding. The route has alot of good trails and a decent amount of singletrack, plus the usual dualsport transfer sections. Easy fuel stops. Pioneertown is about 75 miles on the highway from AV as you may know.
That's great, thanks.
__________________
This shit aint checkers, its chess !!
Kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #449
Kap
Single Track Scalpel
 
Kap's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Apple Valley Ca.
Oddometer: 337
Slash

I drew out a track on GE from my house to the Slash using all trails, washes, ridges with no dirt roads. Hope to try it out Saturday.
__________________
This shit aint checkers, its chess !!
Kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #450
Goon310
Adventurer
 
Goon310's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: California
Oddometer: 52
Wish I could go on one of these rides.
But my bike, a DR200SE, is pretty sketchy at freeway speeds for an extended time, and I haven't got a truck to throw it in.

Not much dirt in Torrance... LOL!

I do enjoy seeing pics from all these places though, going to try for a truck this summer so I can haul this thing out there.

Been wanting to try and take the 405 out to Castaic and then out to Kern via back roads but not really sure if I'd want to push it on the freeway.
People doing 90 in the slow lane!
Goon310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014