Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #811
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 937
Gah... been snooping around this event for a few years. Moved north in 2011 and I'd kill to have something like this in the PNW. Please tell me I just haven't found it yet??

Edit - Wow great shots from the photogs... love the panning stuff.

K_N_Fodder screwed with this post 03-12-2013 at 10:35 PM
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #812
Hypermofo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothra View Post
This is Matt I was the Tech Inspector and driver of the COMBO car for Sandblast this year. I wanted to acknowledge all of the riders for the way you handled the crash on Stage 2. Jenna I am glad you are OK. Dave and Ari I am glad you guys are feeling better.

I picked up a few triangles on stages that had fallen off bikes on-stage and I heard more than a few opinions at scrutineering about the usefulness of the safety triangle. I would like some suggestions on an alternative to the current safety triangle that would be easier to carry and deploy while still meeting the needs of the current rule.
Hey Matt - thanks for volunteering and covering scrutineering. Not sure if you remember me, but i was the guy with the unexpected brake light issue on the KTM530. if you recall I had the collapsible safety triangle with the "kick stand" to hold it up. It worked out well for me and fit easily in my small "tool tube"... i'll post up some pics for other's consideration...
Old 03-13-2013, 05:55 AM   #813
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermofo View Post
Hey Ara - it's Rodney (KTM530 #154) - glad to hear you made it home well and i can't believe you had a broken ankle Between that and how you were hustling that bike through the sand you qualify as moto-animal in my book.

Jena - it was nice to meet you and glad you are doing well too

It was great meeting so many others from here and elsewhere - too bad I can't remember many names - between being focused on my first rally and totally confused by my time card my brain didn't seem to retain much

Does any one know if Logan (#150 honda 250x) is on ADV? We chased each other most stages with some bar to bar racing thrown in that was an absolute blast and has me looking at the SETRA/SORCS enduro schedule I also really appreciate him making sure me and a bunch of others didn't get lost on the transit!!

What a great weekend, race, and riders - couldn't have been a better way to start the riding season!

Rodney
Thanks, Rodney. That was an awesome rally....it was my first and I am hooked and can't wait for the next one. The F8 did a great job getting me through some of the deep sand. My ankle has some hardware in it now, but I am working out on my rowing machine (with my right leg hanging to the side) like a mad man, and do hours of leg lifts on the injured leg to make sure I am still in shape once the cast comes off. It was great riding with you and Logan most of the day untill a few miles into stage 6 where I finally had to call it quits from the ankle pain. I beleive the break was during stage 3 when I fell in the deep sand and the peg dug into my ankle, but during stage 6 the pain intensified after my foot caught a rut. I don't think Logan is the forum, but I will pm you his email.
Ara
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:06 AM   #814
Anders Green OP
NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermofo View Post
Does any one know if Logan (#150 honda 250x) is on ADV?
FYI: Any racer can get in touch with any other racer through your NRS user account. Go to History, then the events, then "who was there", and then you can send a blind email (one way, no email addresses revealed) to them.

Cheers,
Anders
Old 03-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #815
Icecold Dan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack splash View Post
Hey: Thanks for the props guys. But I forgot to thank Dave Jansen and a couple of other guys, Wendell Purdue, the Mayor of Patrick, and Drew from ADVRider. But first the story.

After the Rally was over, and all the bikes had arrived at Oslo's to check in, there was a little confusion as to where we were supposed to be and we were all standing around wondering what to do. Some riders went in a got a beer,,others hung out and BS'ed about the race outside. At this point the cars were still on stage. Myself and a couple of other riders who came solo to the event had to get back to the Service Area in Patrick and get our support vehicles. It was getting dark and cold and we didn't feel like riding our bikes back down Rt 1 the appx 15 miles to service. I'm talking with Peter and Dmytro and they offer to drive me and Dan F to service, we say "great", Dmytro says his car is close by and he'll be right back with it.

20 Minutes later he arrives , I get in, and who shows up but Anders, and gives us a "Father knows best" lecture about sticking around to "celebrate" the car guys when they show up, and how "proud" it would make him if we stuck around. I'm cold, tired, and hungry, and now shamed into "celebrating" . F@#%$% F$^&&* F*&^%K.
I stick around another 15 minutes an hop on by bike and ride to service, it's dark, raining a little, and about 1 mile from service, I run out of gas.

F%^$K. F&^%ing Karma !

I'm sitting on the side of the road for a few minutes and a Motorcycle pulls up beside me, I mention I'm out of gas and there's a can a mile away. The rider Drew" I think, offers to go get it, he's on a Yamaha Super Tennere and we discuss how he'll carry the gas can back. The plan is iffy at best, but what the hell. I thank him for his help and Drew leaves for the gas.

About a minute later, David Jansen driving his van, and his wife? see me and turn around and pull up to me. It's good to see him OK, because the last time I saw him, he was crashed on stage. I mention I'm out of gas, and before I can say help is on the way he offers me some of his.

Here's where my dilemma starts, do I say no thanks, gas is on it's way, or accept his offer. Remembering the old addage, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, I fill half my tank with gas, say thanks, and Dave's on his way. A minute later, Drew shows up with a Pickup truck following him, driving is "Wendell Purdue" the mayor of Patrick, with the gas can in the back of his truck. I fill the other half of my tank, and he follows me to the service just in case i need additional help.

I didn't want make Drew feel like he helped for nothing, but I wasn't sure he'd be able to strap a 5 gallon gas can safely to the back of his bike, so I got help twice, Thats Rally!

What a bunch of great people involved in this sport.

Thanks
Jack

Hey Jack, glad you had a good rally. I'm Dan, the guy on the Super Tenere. You were pretty close with "Drew" though. I was hoping to catch up with you again at Oslo's but I got there very late. You're directions for the gas can were spot on but I never could find those tie downs you mentioned...that's when the good mayor came into the picture.

Anyway, it was good to meet you. I had a great time at the rally and it wasn't until just now that I realized I was helping out a hometown guy. I was born in and spent most of my life in Long Branch. Glad I was able to help.

Dan
Old 03-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #816
Entrepre-neer
Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer: 422
Season points are posted

Atlantic Rally Cup Regulations

8.8 Cup Points Inquiry Period
Inquiries concerning points standings must be received by ARC Promotor within sixteen days of the points for that event being posted online or they will not be considered. This rule in no way effects the times and procedures of event result finality: it only is related to Cup points. This rule does not modify the abilities of the ARC promoter laid out in Section 4. Inquiries must be filed using the official Championship Inquiry Form available online.

Here's the link to the form if you need it...
http://www.nasarallysport.com/rules-...quiry-Form.doc
Entrepre-neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #817
KeithinSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecold Dan View Post
Hey Jack, glad you had a good rally. I'm Dan, the guy on the Super Tenere. You were pretty close with "Drew" though. I was hoping to catch up with you again at Oslo's but I got there very late. You're directions for the gas can were spot on but I never could find those tie downs you mentioned...that's when the good mayor came into the picture.

Anyway, it was good to meet you. I had a great time at the rally and it wasn't until just now that I realized I was helping out a hometown guy. I was born in and spent most of my life in Long Branch. Glad I was able to help.

Dan
Hey Dan, Good to hear you found your way back to town after McBee! Sounds like you had a pretty good adventure after working stage finish with us!

Trixie says "woof"
KeithinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:09 AM   #818
jack splash
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,222
Thanks Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecold Dan View Post

Dan

Dan: Thanks again for your and the Mayors help. Also Thanks to David Jansen.

Sorry I missed you at Oslo's, I was really tired and cold, it was getting late and there was no word on when the scores and trophys would be presented, so I went back to the motel.

If you back in your home town area and want to ride let me know.

The mayor was a really nice and helpful guy, he mentioned how much the Rally helps the community and wish they had more like it.

Andres: How about a Fall Sand Blast?

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com
jack splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #819
Anders Green OP
NASA Rally Sport

Quote:
Anders: How about a Fall Sand Blast?
Awesome idea, I'd love to ride in the fall Sandblast that you're organizing!

Anders
Old 03-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #820
stinkweed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
keithsc, just curious what stage finishes you all worked, i worked campbell lake start, campbell lake reverse finish and cj's looop finish.

dan, nice meeting you at the volunteer meeting, we talked about that beautiful tenere' and your ride in from wilmington
stinkweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #821
jack splash
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,222
Organizing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Green View Post
Awesome idea, I'd love to ride in the fall Sandblast that you're organizing!

Anders
Anders: It's called the Pine Barrens 300, Nov 16th and 17th. I wish it could be ran as a Rally! Hope to see you and Matt there again.

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com

jack splash screwed with this post 03-14-2013 at 01:43 PM
jack splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #822
Anders Green OP
NASA Rally Sport

You're on, adding it to my schedule now! :)

Anders
Old 03-15-2013, 02:08 AM   #823
Xmoto
Death Race

Oddometer: 2,107
Quote:
Anders: It's called the Pine Barrens 300, Nov 16th and 17th. I wish it could be ran as a Rally! Hope to see you and Matt there again.

Jack
I am in!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #824
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 9,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoto View Post
I am in!
Think we can talk Walt into going????

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #825
KeithinSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,157
First time I worked a finish this year, we were at Sexton's Pond. The past 6-7 yrs we have worked marshalling on course. A lot more action to see out there then there is at the finish line. It was pretty cool to interact with all the drivers and riders, but I'd prefer to see them at speed

Being Sexton's Pond was S3, we were sorta in the middle of the day, so our team was only set up for the one stage. I've worked Cambell before and was at a great spot. One location, three stages didnt even have to move my lawnchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkweed View Post
keithsc, just curious what stage finishes you all worked, i worked campbell lake start, campbell lake reverse finish and cj's looop finish.

dan, nice meeting you at the volunteer meeting, we talked about that beautiful tenere' and your ride in from wilmington
KeithinSC is offline   Reply With Quote