User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,553
Searching for family.

OK, I know this is a long shot, but I am hoping the ADV community might be able to help.

I have a niece, Alicia Sixtos, who's father came to the US from Mexico. Alicia is in her teens, and has never been to Mexico, and she has family she has never met. Unfortunately her father has not kept in touch and we are having trouble tracking her family down. She has a grandfather and 2 aunts in Mexico. Her father originally came from the Acapulco area, and we believe that is where her grandfather still lives, although not sure the exact town. Her aunts are thought to be living in Tijuana, Baja. Like I said, I know it's a long shot, but you know how magic happens on ADV sometimes. Here are the names.

Alicia's Dad (here in US): Juan Sixtos Villalva
Grandfather, thought to be around Acapulco: Angel Sixtos Antunez
Aunts in Tijuana: Carmela Sixtos Villalva & Maria Sixtos Villalva

I know I'm hoping for a small miracle, but it could be as simple as someone picking up a phone book or asking around. Eventually I am hoping to take my niece to meet her family, but right now we are stuck.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Dan Man
ex-adventurer

Oddometer: 428
A possible way to go is using the LDS Family History Library. You don't need to be a member of the church, as I am not.

I visited in person, but you may be able to find some useful information online.

https://familysearch.org/locations/saltlakecity-library
Old 03-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
OK, I know this is a long shot, but I am hoping the ADV community might be able to help.

I have a niece, Alicia Sixtos, who's father came to the US from Mexico. Alicia is in her teens, and has never been to Mexico, and she has family she has never met. Unfortunately her father has not kept in touch and we are having trouble tracking her family down. She has a grandfather and 2 aunts in Mexico. Her father originally came from the Acapulco area, and we believe that is where her grandfather still lives, although not sure the exact town. Her aunts are thought to be living in Tijuana, Baja. Like I said, I know it's a long shot, but you know how magic happens on ADV sometimes. Here are the names.

Alicia's Dad (here in US): Juan Sixtos Villalva
Grandfather, thought to be around Acapulco: Angel Sixtos Antunez
Aunts in Tijuana: Carmela Sixtos Villalva & Maria Sixtos Villalva

I know I'm hoping for a small miracle, but it could be as simple as someone picking up a phone book or asking around. Eventually I am hoping to take my niece to meet her family, but right now we are stuck.
any chance you have an area, or any other details about the family in TJ. I lived there for 8 years, my family is still there, and i'm going back there next weekend.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,553
Other than the names, no.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote