Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #5281
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Oddometer: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc21 View Post
I am right in the middle at 80KG/175lbs, and have a slim frame so that could be it. I have been on the seat for about 4 days now thinking that it could be a time thing.

Guess I will give it 2 weeks and see if it starts to feel better over time.
Should have added that I am 5' 9-1/2" with a 31" inseam, have the Ohlins rear shock (former owner put it on) and HyperPro Progressive springs in the front.

I don't think the seat is some how going to get lower to the point it fits me as well as I had hoped but can give the foam time to brake in and maybe I will get more comfort with some time.

jonnyc21 screwed with this post 03-13-2013 at 05:55 PM Reason: Forgot the quote
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #5282
Butters
. . . . . .

Oddometer: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Marc, I still have those last few items on my list I posted. Well, I keep adding more every time I look at the Wunderlich website. You think mine is coming along well?
That's a pretty short to do list on yours. Did you get that TKC mounted? I like mine on the front, although I'm starting to notice a bit of cupping. I had a T63 on the rear, but I was only riding street and it was pretty loud, so I swapped back to the Sahara before I totally burned through it.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #5283
Butters
. . . . . .

Oddometer: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc21 View Post
Should have added that I am 5' 9-1/2" with a 31" inseam, have the Ohlins rear shock (former owner put it on) and HyperPro Progressive springs in the front.
The problem is the Ohlins. Not that it isn't a great shock, but it actually increases the seat height from stock. One of the ADV'ers near me just bought a used X with an Ohlins and I had a chance to ride it. Holy smokes was it tall! I'm only 5'8", but managed just fine with the stock setup. But with that Ohlins I couldn't even get tip toes down. He actually just ordered a lowered Hyperpro.

So you sell it Royal Tiger and then buy a Hyperpro. Or, if you have a suspension shop nearby, maybe they can shorten it.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #5284
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182

Oddometer: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
That's a pretty short to do list on yours. Did you get that TKC mounted? I like mine on the front, although I'm starting to notice a bit of cupping. I had a T63 on the rear, but I was only riding street and it was pretty loud, so I swapped back to the Sahara before I totally burned through it.
Yes. I put the TKC80's on my KLR650 and really liked them. They feel pretty good on the XC so far. If I could ever afford the Excel rims from Touratech ($1800+) I'd go with Pirelli Scorpion MT90's (70 on/30 off) on the stock rims and Pirelli MT21's (10/90) on the Excel's.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #5285
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Yes. I put the TKC80's on my KLR650 and really liked them. They feel pretty good on the XC so far. If I could ever afford the Excel rims from Touratech ($1800+) I'd go with Pirelli Scorpion MT90's (70 on/30 off) on the stock rims and Pirelli MT21's (10/90) on the Excel's.
After you trash your OEM wheels, have them rebuilt at Woody's Wheelworks. You can do both wheels with super spokes for less than what TT charges for one rim.

I don't see why you guys are so worried about putting 2 feet on the ground. If you keep moving, you don't need to put your feet down......
tbarstow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:39 AM   #5286
pampaX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow View Post
After you trash your OEM wheels, have them rebuilt at Woody's Wheelworks. You can do both wheels with super spokes for less than what TT charges for one rim.

I don't see why you guys are so worried about putting 2 feet on the ground. If you keep moving, you don't need to put your feet down......
+1
I fall a lot and still prefer to have more ground clearance than touching with both feet. I'm always standing while offroad which is actually the only time I fall. I have to get of the bike to park it and don't see it as a problem and also not being able to touch has helped me to improve my balance

My G650X Challenge, Bike build thread on
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...7#post15320987
pampaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #5287
jjmead1
now THAT"S a bike!

Oddometer: 503
Quote:

+100 for Woody's. A Superlace rebuild on my existing hubs was just under $1000.00 and done in two days this time of year...
jjmead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:59 AM   #5288
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182

Oddometer: 1,380
Quote:

The idea was to have two sets. I'd love to go with MT21's all the time but they aren't good on the street at all.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #5289
Inniswhe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
With lots of seat talk I thought I would post a few pics of my current diy seat build in progress. Will post some more as the seat gets finished and ready for a cover

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2
Inniswhe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #5290
Johnnyboxer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 993
I already have a small Wolfman Enduro Tankbag, but wanted something a bit larger for longer trips and one that specifically had an A4 Mapcase

Only thing that seemed to fit the bill was a TT one

They make 2 for the G650X series, one for the XCountry and the other for the XChallenge

Both the same bags, just with a different rear fixing arrangment - velcro or 2 straps for the XChallenge

One came up last week for a XCountry on Ebay and managed to get it for 40 (TT new price is 140) and it was as new

So all good, but wouldn't be able to use the XCountry rear fixing of Velcro

So made some straps, from 20 mm black webbing, couple of plastic dog lead clips and 2 Male and Female Belt buckles each side, which is very similar to the Wolfman fixing system anyway

All the webbing and clips are available on ebay for less than a fiver and got the local cobbler to stitch them up as needed

Fitted it altogether this afternoon and all works spot

Pleased with it and a step closer to going away on it at Easter

2005 BMW R1150GS Adv - Black
2005 BMW R1150GS Adv - Silver
2007 BMW G650 XCountry - Black
Johnnyboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #5291
aprilian
Can I change this?

Oddometer: 406
Try attaching the rear tankbag tie down straps under the seat and the bag will move less. Plus you are less likely to push the buckles with your knees and wear into the plastic trim panel. bring them out under the seat like
Old 03-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #5292
Johnnyboxer
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilian View Post
Try attaching the rear tankbag tie down straps under the seat and the bag will move less. Plus you are less likely to push the buckles with your knees and wear into the plastic trim panel. bring them out under the seat like
Cheers

Any better close-up pics?

Also what seat is that?

Old 03-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #5293
aprilian
Can I change this?

Oddometer: 406
check page 315 of this thread for saddle info

I don't tend to take pictures as I create mods... just loop the beggining of the strap around the front top rails of the subframe (instead of the lower sections of the frame which you are using). stick them out from under the seat, pull them forward (there is a lip on the saddle). Then connect them to the bag and snug everything up. As you say Easy Peasy - or Bob's yer Uncle.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:14 AM   #5294
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Oddometer: 729
Cry Renazco seat (G650X Challenge)

Been on the seat for 7 days now and it is much better, however even with the great work on it and the brake in time its just to tall with the Ohlins shock.

It was setup for a 5' 9-1/2" guy with a 31" inseam on a bike running stock rear shock. (I told him it had a Ohlins but I don't think he new that = taller that stock by a few)

If anyone has been considering a Renazco let me know, I am now debating if I should let it go. Would be willing to consider a possible trade/cash for my G650X Challenge seat.

jonnyc21 screwed with this post 03-22-2013 at 10:40 AM Reason: corrected setup info...
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:18 AM   #5295
Johnnyboxer
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilian View Post
check page 315 of this thread for saddle info

I don't tend to take pictures as I create mods... just loop the beggining of the strap around the front top rails of the subframe (instead of the lower sections of the frame which you are using). stick them out from under the seat, pull them forward (there is a lip on the saddle). Then connect them to the bag and snug everything up. As you say Easy Peasy - or Bob's yer Uncle.
Thanks
I'll go back out into the garage and use your info