ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #46
tblume
deus ex machina

Oddometer: 1,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
We could go bother the peacocks at Mildred Kanipe park?
I think they allow picnic fires there don't they?
St Pat's S Eug alley sweeper, bring your own broom and be ready to burn it?

IN.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #47
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan

Oddometer: 5,992
Could we start in Whittaker? I wanna eat breakfast at New Day. I know all the NW Eugene alleyways

YamaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #48
tblume
deus ex machina

Oddometer: 1,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaGeek View Post
Could we start in Whittaker? I wanna eat breakfast at New Day. I know all the NW Eugene alleyways
I'm up for an alley sweeper, st. pat's day ride is no bueno for me though (dad duty) and chip seal may have another option for the rest of the adv'ers to enjoy?

Sweeper recon day? After work or most Fridays work for me, been wanting to have a local version for a while now. I've been finding the fun stuff between friendly neighborhood and downtown, and there out westerly (10th alley is goooood) plus there's a few good ones between 30th and campus.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #49
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,041
I rode a few longer stretches of downtown Spfld alleys,,back and forth.
14th headed south,,turn west in the alley between C and D,, and the next block up has issues, skip to the next alley,,muddy and narrow,,just right,,almost all the way downtown.
Some go a long ways east and west, but I am finding that a lot of them have crap thrown over the fence in piles, and good clear access is sketchy,,Oh,,and,,
watch out for tire punctures due to discarded tweeker needles,,
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #50
Chip Seal OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,825
St Paddy's Day

Great pictures, Yama Geek.

I called BLM re the two parks Tuesday. As indicated earlier, both are gated until week before Memorial Day.

Did you notice how wide the junction of Vincent Creek and Smith R Road is at the junction? Lots of parking for bikes! LOL
Still on as set up.
Chip Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #51
oremike
Motorcyclest

Oddometer: 2,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonkeybut View Post
OreMike was correct. Not only is there a new big ass shiny gate across the driveway. There is a new sign that says "PARK CLOSED". My neighbor and I rode off the backside of Roman Nose today and checked out the park. The park looks good, like it is being cared for. The new gate has a corresponding post/latch setup for locking the gate open. My take on the situation is this is a seasonal closure probably put in place to keep lowlifes from living there and trashing the place. All of the roads out there are in really good shape with the exception of Esmond Creek road. It has a huge layer of debris, a lot of moss and quite a few trees in the traffic lane. Did I say Esmond Creek road was SLICK...well it was!!! The road from the top of Roman Nose down West Fork has seen some recent work and appeared to have been swept....issaverynice!

I was gonna bring back a big glossy picture of the new gate and post it here for all to see.....that was a great idea all except for the fact I left the camera at the house......
You are correct as for the reason for the gate. I did ask if I could open the gate for you'se all but was told no. FYI those parks may not open at all until a budget gets passed.

Ride what makes you giggle in your helmet
oremike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #52
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Seal View Post
Great pictures, Yama Geek.

I called BLM re the two parks Tuesday. As indicated earlier, both are gated until week before Memorial Day.

Did you notice how wide the junction of Vincent Creek and Smith R Road is at the junction? Lots of parking for bikes! LOL
Still on as set up.
Well I'm assuming your joking as OreMike said that both parks are closed.

'Still on as set up..' care to further?

Old 03-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #53
JustAnotherMike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
I am Watching

Watching this thread with baited breath as I was hoping to make this run. Not sure yet, but strong possibility I will meet up with ya all on St Paddy's day wherever it ends up... Hoping its in the Smith River area somewhere as I will be leaving Florence on Sunday on way home to Keizer.

"Remember, wherever you go, there you are" ~ unknown
JustAnotherMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #54
Chip Seal OP
Beastly Adventurer

ST Paddy's Day Event, NEW LOCATION!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip seal View Post
according to blm, vincent creek and smith river falls campground are closed for the season. Plus my scouts report, site is now gated with closed signs! I called blm and received confirmation.
they will open week prior to memorial day!

put this on your to do list!

adventurous riders will gather at @ 11:45 on sunday 03/17/2013 to celebrate the life of saint patrick!
welcome to benton county's bellfountain county park

park description

bellfountain park, located in southeast benton county, 3.7 miles nw of monroe and 17 miles south of corvallis, is the oldest benton county park. People have been gathering here for over 100 years. There is covered seating for 120 picnickers at one of the longest picnic tables in the world!
the park has restrooms, large group barbeque, a softball field, a sand volleyball court, play area, horseshoe pits and seasonal wildflowers.
reservation information [i did not reserve this site. But it is large enough for several groups.]

bellfountain park has a covered group picnic shelter with seating for 120. The kitchen shelter has a sink, electric outlets, food preparation counters, and a group size bbq designated for charcoal cooking. The park also has handicap accessible restrooms, a softball field, a sand volleyball court, play area and horseshoe pits. Recomend you bring your own water.
parking

the park has limited parking; we encourage you to carpool if at all possible. Parking adjacent to the kitchen shelter and covered table is limited to the handicapped and for loading/unloading purposes.

park location: See above. Google a map. Ask your mom!

this is a no host event. Riders will bring their own food, plates, utensils, coffee cup and music to participate. On site: A picnic table, charcoal and grill to prepare your celebratory dinner. If you want to share food, bring something everyone will enjoy!

this is the result of popular acclaim. Several riders were unable to attend bob marley's birthday celebration. The prerequisite bribes were distributed and this event evolved! What better way to celebrate st patrick than in the verdant oregon coast range.

get adventurous! See many of you on sunday, march 17th 2013 @ 11:45!

Old 03-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #55
Chip Seal OP
Beastly Adventurer

St Paddy's Day! New Location

See revised post #1 for blurb!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #56
Chip Seal OP
Beastly Adventurer

St Paddy's Day

Bump
Old 03-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #57
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,041
sunday forecast is the worst, they always get it wrong. I have doubts regarding my attendance at Bellfountain park,,ya never know,,if it seems like it may be more fun than doing laundry, I might show up.
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #58
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan

Not real enthused about the new location. May or may not, dunno.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #59
Chip Seal OP
Beastly Adventurer

Friday Bump!

[QUOTE=Chip Seal;20708805]According to BLM, Vincent Creek and Smith River Falls Campground are closed for the season. Plus my scouts report, site is now gated with CLOSED SIGNS! I called BLM and received confirmation.
They will open week prior to Memorial Day!

Put this on your To Do list!

Adventurous riders will gather at @ 11:45 on Sunday 03/17/2013 to celebrate the life of Saint Patrick!
Welcome to Benton County's Bellfountain County Park

Park Description

Bellfountain Park, located in southeast Benton County, 3.7 miles NW of Monroe and 17 miles south of Corvallis, is the oldest Benton County Park. People have been gathering here for over 100 years. There is covered seating for 120 picnickers at one of the longest picnic tables in the world!
The park has restrooms, large group barbeque, a softball field, a sand volleyball court, play area, horseshoe pits and seasonal wildflowers.
Reservation Information [I did not reserve this site. But it is large enough for several groups.]

Bellfountain Park has a covered group picnic shelter with seating for 120. The kitchen shelter has a sink, electric outlets, food preparation counters, and a group size BBQ designated for charcoal cooking. The park also has handicap accessible restrooms, a softball field, a sand volleyball court, play area and horseshoe pits. Recomend you bring your own water.
Parking

The park has limited parking; we encourage you to carpool if at all possible. Parking adjacent to the kitchen shelter and covered table is limited to the handicapped and for loading/unloading purposes.

Park Location: See above. Google a map. Ask your Mom!

This is a no host event. Riders will bring their own food, plates, utensils, coffee cup and music to participate. On site: a picnic table, charcoal and grill to prepare your celebratory dinner. If you want to share food, bring something everyone will enjoy!

This is the result of popular acclaim. Several riders were unable to attend Bob Marley's Birthday Celebration. The prerequisite bribes were distributed and this event evolved! What better way to celebrate St Patrick than in the verdant Oregon Coast Range.

Get adventurous! See many of you on SUNDAY, March 17th 2013 @ 11:45!

Old 03-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #60
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant

Oddometer: 2,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaGeek View Post
Not real enthused about the new location. May or may not, dunno.
There are plenty of "back door" routes to make getting here interesting. I haven't been through there in a while but if you find Alsea Falls you can come through the back of Hult's Mill and end up at the park. I'm thinking of a more traditional approach of the three wheeled type myself.