ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
dhally
Hammerhead

Oddometer: 2,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idarider
Hi dhally welcome ! The shortcut fom Waitsburg over the top is fun and you come out of the Kellog Hollow road right at the covered table we did it at last time.

With the local guys who don't post on advrider, we are at about 7 people so far
Well the new battery is all charged up. I'm promoting this ride to a couple of work buddies, one rides a classic r800 and my boss has a shiny rt.
Tiger 800 - FOR SALE
dhally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #17
Idarider OP
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhally View Post
Well the new battery is all charged up. I'm promoting this ride to a couple of work buddies, one rides a classic r800 and my boss has a shiny rt.

Last time we had ten show up so I will have enough for 20+ this time. We are not close to that yet.

If Wallowa shows up I will try to get him to bring a vegan something, Maybe restlessrider would come by then. Maybe try to make it all the way across Lower Granite Dam this time, not stop to inspect the railroad tracks.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #18
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
I would be interested if there are options for vegans. I drove over the Lower Granite dam today to Starbuck, Little Goose dam, Palouse falls and back. The tracks are looking good at Lower Granite dam.. I met the officer who helped me the last time and he recognized me. I am quite famous down there. I could not cross Little Goose dam since its open only from Mon to Thursday.
RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:19 AM   #19
Idarider OP
R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessRider View Post
I would be interested if there are options for vegans. I drove over the Lower Granite dam today to Starbuck, Little Goose dam, Palouse falls and back. The tracks are looking good at Lower Granite dam.. I met the officer who helped me the last time and he recognized me. I am quite famous down there. I could not cross Little Goose dam since its open only from Mon to Thursday.

Glad you were able to get through there, every time I go by cottonwood creek on Hwy 12 I go over my spill.

See what Wallowa has to say about veggies or let me know what works for you and I can see if I can include it.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #20
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,286
BBQ Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idarider View Post

Glad you were able to get through there, every time I go by cottonwood creek on Hwy 12 I go over my spill.

See what Wallowa has to say about veggies or let me know what works for you and I can see if I can include it.
Grill beans and graze watershed...if a person wants to not eat animal products...it is simple...eat everything else...let me think on what advice I can give Roy...but honestly, if I can make it to Starbuck, I don't expect Roy to cater me...I have that covered..

And hey, I am also very good at falling over and giving my bike a rest....
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #21
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,263
I might have to make it down for this. My arteries have been flowing a little to well lately as it is.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #22
Idarider OP
R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
I might have to make it down for this. My arteries have been flowing a little to well lately as it is.
Glad to have you KR , the German dogs are gaurenteed to be very lean and I will have some ball park dogs along too. I will add in some grated cheese to get the cholesterol up.

Vegan BBQ beans Phil ? Sounds good, I will have my coleman single burner stove if needed. I may bring a propane one along too.

Give me a recipe and I can make it, though a little butter or bacon would make them better .
Old 03-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #23
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Let me know if we can do a team effort. I haven't a clue what vegan items we can cook over a fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
Grill beans and graze watershed...if a person wants to not eat animal products...it is simple...eat everything else...let me think on what advice I can give Roy...but honestly, if I can make it to Starbuck, I don't expect Roy to cater me...I have that covered..

And hey, I am also very good at falling over and giving my bike a rest....
RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #24
CaptainAttila
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Awesome. I'll be there.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #25
Idarider OP
R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAttila View Post
Awesome. I'll be there.
Glad to have you again !
Same chili, better dogs.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:13 AM   #26
fatherof4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
I'm in.
fatherof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:21 AM   #27
Idarider OP
R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherof4 View Post
I'm in.

As a reminder to everyone , try to bring a chair if you want one, bring a drink for yourself, and if you want to bring something to go along with the chilidogs you are welcome to. Don't try to bring enough for a crowd.
I will have plates, condiments, etc for everyone, a grill, and at least one burner which I need to use at least partly to heat chili.

If anyone is coming in something with more than 2 wheels, please bring extra chairs along.
I will be scouting the location this weekend to make sure it is still OK. If you can find Starbuck you just need to drive around town a little and you will find the park.

Now we hope for sun. If the weather is really bad I will postpone or have it in my shop in Lewiston.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #28
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,768
Let me know if you want some company scouting the area.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #29
hayshaker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
I picked up a Grand Trunk miniichair thingy....and will have to give it a try. Thanks for setting this up, I am looking forward to it.

http://store.grandtrunkgoods.com/collapsible-camp-stool

TONY

George, WA
hayshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #30
650x
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,110
Hi Roy

Looks like we won't be able to make it. Like I told you in the PM we were thinking of doing a big trip since we both have the week off for Spring Break.

Las Vegas for the week or Starbuck for the afternoon

Las Vegas ...... OR ...... Starbuck How to decide

Las Vegas won out mainly because we want to finish riding some of the roads we didn't have time to ride last December including this one when we ran out of daylight.

Sorry we won't be there. Say hi to everyone for us.
650x is offline   Reply With Quote