Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #151
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
Its a mid pack Nationwise ride fer chrissake!Lets see if his "name "gets him a top cup ride after one less than memorable season.
Waltrip?! Mid pack NNS car??!?! He is driving the # 60 car for a guy called Jack Roush and it has probably won more races than any car out there!

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #152
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
Waltrip?! Mid pack NNS car??!?! He is driving the # 60 car for a guy called Jack Roush and it has probably won more races than any car out there!
Jack Roush is over the hill. He's a faceplate for Fenway (Red Sox fans know). Save Ricky in the Nationwide championships, Raush has nothing going even for Carl Edwards. They are loosers right now.

They need something and Travis Pastrana looks like he could be it. There are few NASCAR drivers that can compete on a right turn course. There are fewer that can back flip a motorcycle. A couple of top tens fora motorcycle back flipper after three races looks like fucking magic to me.

Go TP!
Pantah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #153
r_bin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 680
The Fenway group's relationship with Roush is monetary only. Roush Fenway Racing is run by Jack and his engineers.

Speaking of TP, here's a new ESPN promo spot that features him. His race car is hideous . I'm pulling for him big time, but it's going to be rough. This weekend at Bristol will be eye opening, I'm sure!

http://youtu.be/DelOdRyN5ZA
r_bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #154
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Danica is clueless when it come to car setup from what I can tell. Put her on a single car team and she probably wouldn't qualify for a single race.
I think that she will be in a single car team next year. With all the interest in a women driver she should be able to get sponsership dollars no matter how bad she bombs this year. Those sponsorship dollars could possibly mean a ride in a "start and park" team if nothing else in 2014.

I'm sure that Bristol is not a track where she can stop her downward slide. Nice thing about Bristol though is that no matter how many laps she is down, she will still be in view of most of the tv camera angles. That is important to NASCAR.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #155
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
She cried when she won in Japan.

And driving a Sprint Car isn't any easier than driving a stock car as far as I'm concerned. You don't just jump in one and start running at the front, most of the shoes start in quarter midgets when they are 4 or 5 years old.
Hell, I cried too......I hope they both do well this weekend. I can see TP in a slamfest with the regulars. I'm still not sold on Danica even after Daytona. I still think she does better in race cars than commercials, and I'm sure there are other venues that she excells at also.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #156
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick West View Post
I think that she will be in a single car team next year. With all the interest in a women driver she should be able to get sponsership dollars no matter how bad she bombs this year. Those sponsorship dollars could possibly mean a ride in a "start and park" team if nothing else in 2014.

I'm sure that Bristol is not a track where she can stop her downward slide. Nice thing about Bristol though is that no matter how many laps she is down, she will still be in view of most of the tv camera angles. That is important to NASCAR.
I don't think there is a chance in hell that she'll be let go from Stewart-Haas in the near future. She brings big money sponsors and publicity, and that pays the bills. As long as she is bringing money to the table, she'll have rides with top level teams.

Look at Dale Jr. He's been in Hendrick cars for how many years, with maybe a win or two to show for it? But he has a huge fan base, and attracts big sponsors, so all is good as long as the money is flowing.

I agree that Bristol will probably not be a race that she will look back on with fondness.
Motorcyclist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #157
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 4,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post

I agree that Bristol will probably not be a race that she will look back on with fondness.
Didn't she do pretty well there last year in NW? Top 20 finish 2 laps down, that's not bad. And I realize the cup cars are a slightly different animal, but I think Bristol is more luck than anything else. Really easy to get caught up in someone elses mess.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #158
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 72,891
Quote:
I don't think there is a chance in hell that she'll be let go from Stewart-Haas in the near future. She brings big money sponsors and publicity, and that pays the bills. As long as she is bringing money to the table, she'll have rides with top level teams.

Look at Dale Jr. He's been in Hendrick cars for how many years, with maybe a win or two to show for it? But he has a huge fan base, and attracts big sponsors, so all is good as long as the money is flowing.
This.

That's why those "most popular driver" polls matter.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #159
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,432
TP report!

16. (18) Travis Pastrana, Ford, 299, 73.7, 28, $27,541.

Meh, come on! U can do better...
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #160
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
Didn't she do pretty well there last year in NW? Top 20 finish 2 laps down, that's not bad. And I realize the cup cars are a slightly different animal, but I think Bristol is more luck than anything else. Really easy to get caught up in someone elses mess.
# 10 Owners points.41st pos.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #161
DirtFarmer
Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer: 2,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
# 10 Owners points.
With only 10 drivers starting all 33 races

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/natio...d=0&sort=RACES
Old 03-18-2013, 04:30 AM   #162
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!

Oddometer: 3,296
A few comments from Bristol:
1. Nice to see that the modifications made it much more like the old layout, and forced the drivers to fight for the same groove at times.

2. There were a TON of empty seats in the stands. Nice day, first race of the year there, no reason people who wanted to be there should have stayed home. Bristol is one of the communities that really took advantage of the fans during the boom years. Restaurants, motels, etc. all jacked up the prices to ludicrous levels, and I think it is biting them in the ass now.

3. The racing was good, particularly the last 20 or so laps.

4. Kurt Busch had a great drive. But even in the post race interview he came off as an unsmiling douche.

5. It will be interesting to see how the Logano-Hamlin love fest plays out.

6. Danica finished 5 laps down. Looks like she was the last car that didn't get many laps down making repairs. Not a good show for the equipment she was in.
Motorcyclist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:05 AM   #163
RedRocket OP
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,101
Kurt Busch was at Supercross in Indy on Saturday night. I noticed that it seemed there were more people there than at Bristol.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #164
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Danica finished 5 laps down. Looks like she was the last car that didn't get many laps down making repairs. Not a good show for the equipment she was in.
Another example of why this driver shouldn't be in Cup.

Qualified 41st out of 43. She got lucky to get a 28th place finish while being 5 laps down because of all the attrition from tire failures and the resulting crash damage of the real contenders.

It's a real shame that there are so many drivers who have the talent and need a break to get into Nascar while Danica gets a top ride without the talent to drive at this level.

The closest she should be to the Cup drivers is maybe serving them as their waitress.....not Hooters though, maybe at a pancake house.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #165
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Bruton Smith made changes to Bristol in order to bring back the fans.Looks like he wasted his money!Friends who never used to miss a race there said its all way more expensive to camp,etc.Even Danica couldn't fill the stands.Maybe if she raced in a bikini?