Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
Hello, I have a few possibly stupid questions.

On a street bike only driven bike are the long range lights (10w) the best thing you have to improve visibility? My concern is that from looking at the photographs that they may be too bright and cause problems with on coming traffic. Which leads to the next question. I like the idea of wiring them in to the dimmer switch so that when you go to high beam you have 100 percent of light available but my concern is that on low beam it may still put out too much light and cause problems. I know aiming is a big part of this equation but you don't want all that light right on the ground in front of you.

The stock headlights these days (55w/60w) just barely get you by and I would like more light in the dark coupled with being able to be seen better during the daylight hours.

What do you think the best way to go on a street driven bike only?

I am not ready to buy just yet but I will go out of my way to help somebody with good customer service and buy something for a change that is NOT MADE IN CHINA.

Thanks.
We have a lot of other quality products to choose from. here is a link to our aux lights page
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=categories&id=17

These lights are slightly lower in Kelvin color than many others, That will help with glare to oncoming drivers, riding in rain,fog etc.
Like you mentioned aim is very important, You do not need to aim them into the ground to prevent glare to oncoming cars, I leave mine in a reasonable spot for both good visibility and good forward lighting.
they could be aimed up a bit more for farther distance.
I have intentionally attempted to get flashed or pulled over, Not being an ass, but using the lights like a customer would. So far I have had no issues and am very pleased.
The 10 or 20 degree lights dont really create any more glare for oncoming drivers than any other LED light.
I do feel these are the best lights at the best price going for street or dirt, They would be my recommendation.
We can offer you more expensive lights that do less, But I probably wouldn't have a returning customer.
Thanks for the questions.
Maybe I should get some forward looking shots at the shop Mule?
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote