Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 03:51 AM   #1936
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post

suddenly my race plans for 2013 have had a major shift...
No doubt. 2 American amateurs headed to Dakar next January...very cool

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:23 AM   #1937
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: 2,202
Husky?

Not sure, has anyone thought about the Stefan Pierer - CDP connection? Possible for Speedbrain and Husky to work together and have CDP riding for them?
Old 03-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #1938
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by juames View Post
Not sure, has anyone thought about the Stefan Pierer - CDP connection? Possible for Speedbrain and Husky to work together and have CDP riding for them?
I don't think so. A top level Husky rally team at this point is an unnecessary redundancy for to Peirer/KTM crew though I have heard rumblings of a Husky effort being set up as a bit of a B team, perhaps a ladder team to try out new talent. If this is true, I applaud the effort. I think rallying at the pro-level is severely lacking any sort of step system to cultivate new talent.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #1939
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Could be Canadien or Mexican too no?
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #1940
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
Could be Canadien or Mexican too no?
Did you skip you geography class??
Way back when I was in school in the 70's

I was taught that Canada and Mexico was part of North America
( so all the people of the region would be classified as AMERICANA )
but I woud guess that stament was ment to say TWO more amateurs participants from the United States
Old 03-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #1941
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,273
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inter...55622954519085

3weeks to go to the Desert Challenge and somebody has a statement to make!
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #1942
wrk2surf
BITD/Rallye

Oddometer: 5,955
Quote:
What I read is you have to race both races doing well in both of them...they are giving one car and one bike entry.

The thing is... will Roger Norman and Score have a roadbook or will it be ok to prerun if it is ribboned/signed.
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .

wrk2surf screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 09:01 AM
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #1943
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,778
Quote:
What I read is you have to race both races doing well in both of them...they are giving one car and one bike entry.

The thing is... will Roger Norman and Score have a roadbook or will it be ok to prerun if it is a ribboned/signed.
No Roadbook uses for the two Score/HDRA run and Gun !!!! is my guess
my question is this for both Pro and Sportsman riders?????
how will the determine Amateur status?
Old 03-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #1944
wrk2surf
BITD/Rallye

They will have a seperate class for the Dakar Challenge

here are the rules

DEFINITION

A.S.O., organizer of the Dakar Rally, organizes a challenge called the ‘Dakar Challenge’, within the framework of the xxxx Rally, taking place from … to … 2013; the rider (in the BIKE category) and the crew (in the CAR category) winning the Challenge, in accordance with the rules defined below, will be awarded a free participation in the Dakar 2014.
2. ELIGIBILITY

Riders and Crews are eligible to participate in the Dakar Challenge if none of the crew members has never taken part in the Dakar and/or been included within the 10 first overall of any round of the FIM Cross Country Rally World Championship (for the BIKE category) an (for the cars) part of the seeded drivers listed by the FIA or part of the ASO Elite list (for cars and bikes), and hold a driving licence covering them for the category they want to enter.
3. PROCEDURE

In order to participate, riders / crews will be required to:
  • Register for the xxxx Rally
Registration for the Challenge will close at the same time as registration for the Rally.
Signing up for the Dakar Challenge is free.
By signing up for the Dakar Challenge, the rider / crew declares having familiarized itself with the conditions for participating in the Dakar 2014, and in particular the budget aspects.
Signing up for the Dakar Challenge constitutes ‘pre-registration’ and therefore a ‘moral obligation’ to the Dakar 2014.
4. WINNER

To be declared winner of the Dakar Challenge, the rider / crew will be required to:
  • Appear on the Dakar Challenge enrolment list
  • Complete the Rally
  • Be the best Challenge participant appearing in the General ranking for the event.
  • Come within the top 70% of the best bike riders / crews in the Rally General ranking.
5. PRIZE

The winning rider / crew will be awarded a free registration, valid only for the Dakar 2014.
This registration includes:
  • Sports dues
  • Return sea transport of the race vehicle between Europe and South America.
  • Catering on the bivouacs
  • Insurance (public liability and repatriation)
  • Hire of the GPS, safety beacon, Sentinel, and Iritrack
  • The transportation of one trunk and two wheels from bivouac to bivouac as well the technical support and advises from an ASO dedicated crew if the winning rider (bike category) register into the « Malle Moto » Challenge (Without assistance).
  • The fuel and refuelling services during the Special Stages for the bike category.
Will still be under the responsability of the rider / crew:
The race vehicle, management of the assistance, rider / crew apparel and helmet, personal travelling expenses, logistics overhead costs (tent, sleeping bag, etc.), the cost of accommodation and subsistence other than in the bivouacs.
6. WITHDRAWAL

If the winning rider / crew is unable to participate in the Dakar 2014 for a medical or other serious reason (proof required), must warn the A.S.O. before 15th September 2013. An examination will be carried out by a sports doctor affiliated to an official sports organization designated by A.S.O.
In the event the winning rider / crew would be unable to participate in the Dakar Rally after such date, and for the reasons listed here above, then, the second ranked crew classified to the challenge would be eligible, and so on.
In the event the navigator of the winning crew (in the CAR category) is unable to participate in the Dakar 2014, the pilot would be authorized to register with another navigator as long as he complies with the rules defined in Point 2.
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
Old 03-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #1945
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,195
Regardless of the who, what, why etc is is fantastic that this opportunity is being offered in the US. After the ASO turned down quite a few "mericans" last year I was wondering if they gave up on marketing to the US (and us others on the continent). This shows some good face on the ASO's part to try to attract the us market in some shape or form.

Good luck to those who started training as soon as they saw the announcement and opportunity

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #1946
silentwolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Regardless of the who, what, why etc is is fantastic that this opportunity is being offered in the US. After the ASO turned down quite a few "mericans" last year I was wondering if they gave up on marketing to the US (and us others on the continent). This shows some good face on the ASO's part to try to attract the us market in some shape or form.

Good luck to those who started training as soon as they saw the announcement and opportunity
I wonder if this is what Jimmy Lewis was alluding to on the F5 thread?
silentwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #1947
silentwolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
Now if the old Citroen rumor becomes more prevalent, perhaps they could field a superteam of Seb Loeb and Cyril. An all French effort would be quite the news making event and a full Citroen factory push may be enough to entice Cyril to the dark side of 4 wheels. Short of that, I expect him to stay in bikes for another 2 to 3 years before making the switch, perhaps when Peterhansel makes the jump to trucks, that may be a good time to fill his seat at Mini. I just don't see the cars as being very competitive in the current state.
Based on this type of thing, I don't see any reason CDP might not go Yamaha, specifically Yamaha FRANCE... They've had a long history: Peterhansel won how many times with them.. and how many others? I think the history might be worth it for him, not to mention the lack of any language barrier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
Cyril to 4 wheels - Forget HRC, I hear Red Bull, Mercedes and Cyril are teaming up for 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Nazi-era.html
Only thirty a year..? That might be enough for manufacturer class...
Old 03-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #1948
wrk2surf
BITD/Rallye

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwolf View Post
I wonder if this is what Jimmy Lewis was alluding to on the F5 thread?
no I believe that was in reference about Scotty's Baja Rally
Old 03-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #1949
silentwolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
They will have a seperate class for the Dakar Challenge

here are the rules

DEFINITION

A.S.O., organizer of the Dakar Rally, organizes a challenge called the ‘Dakar Challenge’, within the framework of the xxxx Rally, taking place from … to … 2013; the rider (in the BIKE category) and the crew (in the CAR category) winning the Challenge, in accordance with the rules defined below, will be awarded a free participation in the Dakar 2014..
I've looked into this as far as doing the Australasian Safari... Thing is, as you read, you can't say I'll go if I win, it's just a chance at free ride for those already going. It's actually a pretty good deal, if you already plan on doing the rally.

The thing I question is that Baja and Reno runs don't have a roadbook, so aside from terrain and riding really fast, how does that help the rider qualifying for Dakar? I suppose it is a leg up nonetheless, and it sounds like they are looking for more competitive (read:fast) riders...
Old 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #1950
silentwolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
no I believe that was in reference about Scotty's Baja Rally
!!! Scotty's Baja Rally?
(http://www.race-dezert.com/home/baja...aid-40989.html ?)

How did i miss that?!?!

Looks like the Northern Hemispere is about to get a little more interesting