ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #4171
EOD3MC OP
What will break next
 
EOD3MC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Colonial Beach VA
Oddometer: 4,634
Yep....still in
But not likely to be able to help tomorrow..
EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #4172
iw84u
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Oddometer: 4
hi from 21045

just registered. from Columbia, MD. work in DC

commute on 06 V with 30k showing and just acquired '10 Multi with 7k clocked, but the DES went out a week after i got it. to the Duc Pond it went.

and the V said to me, "told you so"

looking forward on some rides.
iw84u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #4173
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer
 
Dorito's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Oddometer: 5,006
Rev 2

The route formally known as the Chessie Beach 1% ride, has been updated! Besides a name change to "Small Garages", it also corrects the destination to a proper food location:

Lunch break/mid point is:
Old Stein Inn
1143 Central Avenue(Route 214)
Edgewater, Maryland, 21037
United States
phone: (410) 798-6807

New map as follows. I know that most think it was sacrilegious to omit Governors Bridge Road, I am ok with that

The pink line we test rode last weekend, and should be good to finalize. I will probably need to get back over and do the green line.


__________________
Nothing (ad)ventured, Nothing Gained
Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Dorito screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 03:21 AM
Dorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #4174
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer
 
Dorito's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Oddometer: 5,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by iw84u View Post
just registered. from Columbia, MD. work in DC.
Welcome!
__________________
Nothing (ad)ventured, Nothing Gained
Everything you want is on the other side of fear.
Dorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:46 AM   #4175
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus
 
gastone's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Fredvegas, VA
Oddometer: 2,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by iw84u View Post
just registered. from Columbia, MD. work in DC

commute on 06 V with 30k showing and just acquired '10 Multi with 7k clocked, but the DES went out a week after i got it. to the Duc Pond it went.

and the V said to me, "told you so"

looking forward on some rides.
Just so as you are aware, the price of admission is I get to test ride the MS for a day. Just think of me as the... benevolent one. I'm just looking out for your best interests, making sure that the Duc Pond does a good job with repairs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACommuter View Post
I'd be cranky too if I had to blow 500 horses!
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #4176
lakota
Geeser
 
lakota's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Annapolis MD
Oddometer: 2,920
for EOD3MC
a commentary on the KTM by Colebatch - I have read everyone of his ride reports, all of which are excellent and make me want to go everywhere
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=222

this one is from a ride in Morocco
__________________
IBA #42016

my ride reports

follow my ride

lakota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #4177
lakota
Geeser
 
lakota's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Annapolis MD
Oddometer: 2,920
if the blue flag is Old Stein Inn I think you have it in the wrong spot. It is on 214 closer to Mayo
http://www.oldstein-inn.com/location-hours.php



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorito View Post
The route formally known as the Chessie Beach 1% ride, has been updated! Besides a name change to "Small Garages", it also corrects the destination to a proper food location:

Lunch break/mid point is:
Old Stein Inn
1143 Central Avenue(Route 214)
Edgewater, Maryland, 21037
United States
phone: (410) 798-6807

New map as follows. I know that most think it was sacrilegious to omit Governors Bridge Road, I am ok with that

The pink line we test rode last weekend, and should be good to finalize. I will probably need to get back over and do the green line.


__________________
IBA #42016

my ride reports

follow my ride

lakota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #4178
xuare
Gravity wins again
 
xuare's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Pavlodaistan, VA
Oddometer: 233
You know that all you "fortunate" federal employees may get an extra riding day every week this summer. Perhaps a map bank may be in order so all of these can be scheduled appropriately ;-)
xuare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #4179
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus
 
gastone's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Fredvegas, VA
Oddometer: 2,077
I am just now getting a few consecutive minutes of free time. I'm out tomorrow for eb. Between the weather and more importantly, my not getting the proper paperwork taken care of, I'm a no go.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACommuter View Post
I'd be cranky too if I had to blow 500 horses!
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #4180
joints4sale
No. Not "That Kind".
 
joints4sale's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Maryland ---> Front Range, CO
Oddometer: 2,923
So the last attempt to purchase a trailer out of the FM fell through. Lets see if this one comes through......

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870107

If all goes well I'll be heading to Boston on Friday.
__________________
Erik : IBA #40645---BMW135i FOR SALE<---CLICK
"If my life or death depends on getting Bruce or Dana on the phone then I'm gonna die." RFlagg42
2011 TC449, 2014 S1000R, 2010 R1200GSA 30th Anniversary Edition, 2003 Ktm 625sxc(gone), 1999 DR350(gone), 2007 K1200GT (traded for the GSA). 2004 R1150R (traded for the GT)
joints4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #4181
EOD3MC OP
What will break next
 
EOD3MC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Colonial Beach VA
Oddometer: 4,634
Nice Erik....that's about exactly what I think I need as well.
EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #4182
blaster11
Ecuador here we come
 
blaster11's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Southern Maryland
Oddometer: 6,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by joints4sale View Post
So the last attempt to purchase a trailer out of the FM fell through. Lets see if this one comes through......

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870107

If all goes well I'll be heading to Boston on Friday.
Very nice!

__________________
Bruce
Adventures of Blaster and Dorito
blaster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #4183
blaster11
Ecuador here we come
 
blaster11's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Southern Maryland
Oddometer: 6,671
Pre-load set

Well Dana and I went out and got the pre-load set on the DRZ tonight. It was off a bit but that really didn't surprise me since I hadn't done anything since changing out the spring. So it should be a bit closer to where I need to be on adjustments, one adjustment done and a bunch more adjusting and testing to go. I am definitely on my toes now!
__________________
Bruce
Adventures of Blaster and Dorito
blaster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #4184
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer
 
Dorito's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Oddometer: 5,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakota View Post
if the blue flag is Old Stein Inn I think you have it in the wrong spot. It is on 214 closer to Mayo
http://www.oldstein-inn.com/location-hours.php



__________________
Nothing (ad)ventured, Nothing Gained
Everything you want is on the other side of fear.
Dorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #4185
geauXplor
gō-ikˈsplôr
 
geauXplor's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Oddometer: 288
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iw84u View Post
just registered. from Columbia, MD. work in DC

commute on 06 V with 30k showing and just acquired '10 Multi with 7k clocked, but the DES went out a week after i got it. to the Duc Pond it went.

and the V said to me, "told you so"

looking forward on some rides.
__________________
Robert

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain
geauXplor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014