ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #11746
Mk5mike
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Mk5mike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 282

Some of the pics from near the same route on Sunday. First ride for me. I followed Ryan who navigated. Great day on Sunday saw your tracks on the best part of the ride. Epic views
Mk5mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #11747
piedralone
SoilSampleCollecter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Oddometer: 160
JP it was muddy. Think theres 20# of mud caked on the bike! Thats dry weight. Good ride though. Good job Monti of putting the extra effort to come!
piedralone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #11748
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer
 
JPaccassi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Oddometer: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk5mike View Post

Some of the pics from near the same route on Sunday. First ride for me. I followed Ryan who navigated. Great day on Sunday saw your tracks on the best part of the ride. Epic views
Looks like it was a lot nicer out on Sunday than Saturday! Which route did you guys end up taking?

JP
__________________
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall" ~Beastie Boys
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #11749
pcvance
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,188
Did you guys find the ST on the south side of the river?








__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #11750
Mk5mike
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Mk5mike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 282
No that looks good to. We came from the 180 and went to north to kings river. That single track looks like fun to. It was my first ride so it seamed like a good ride but more trails would be fun to
Mk5mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #11751
pcvance
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk5mike View Post
No that looks good to. We came from the 180 and went to north to kings river. That single track looks like fun to. It was my first ride so it seamed like a good ride but more trails would be fun to
I'll show ya the way....You rode right past them.
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #11752
Jonasjapan
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Lemoore, CA
Oddometer: 7
Sunday Ride

I had a blast with Mike on Sunday, kinda worn out after ripping up Sycamore Springs rd on my F800. Got plenty of practice picking it up though!
Jonasjapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #11753
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer
 
JPaccassi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Clovis, CA
Oddometer: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonasjapan View Post
I had a blast with Mike on Sunday, kinda worn out after ripping up Sycamore Springs rd on my F800. Got plenty of practice picking it up though!
Nice! That is my usual winter spring riding area when I'm waiting for the snow to melt up high.....took off at noon yesterday hit Soaproot saddle, Barnes mountian, across big creek, up nutmeg saddle to Dinkey-trimmer (8 miles from Dinkey creek & no snow) & then back down around the lake to Fresno. It was a perfect day up there yesterday, wish I would have taken my camera.

JP
__________________
"Be true to yourself and you will never fall" ~Beastie Boys
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #11754
Jonasjapan
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Lemoore, CA
Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Nice! That is my usual winter spring riding area when I'm waiting for the snow to melt up high.....took off at noon yesterday hit Soaproot saddle, Barnes mountian, across big creek, up nutmeg saddle to Dinkey-trimmer (8 miles from Dinkey creek & no snow) & then back down around the lake to Fresno. It was a perfect day up there yesterday, wish I would have taken my camera.

JP
Sounds like a fun ride! I am new to the area so these are the posts that I scour the regional forum for. We pretty much took the 180 to Crabtree rd to the Kings river, Trimmer springs to Sycamore to the lake and back to fresno. We were both busy on Saturday or we would have met up with you guys. I got family in the next two weeks then on to the Death Valley Rally!

Ryan
Jonasjapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #11755
McKay
Studly Adventurer
 
McKay's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Clovis, Ca.
Oddometer: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonasjapan View Post
Sounds like a fun ride! I am new to the area so these are the posts that I scour the regional forum for. We pretty much took the 180 to Crabtree rd to the Kings river, Trimmer springs to Sycamore to the lake and back to fresno. We were both busy on Saturday or we would have met up with you guys. I got family in the next two weeks then on to the Death Valley Rally!

Ryan
I'm headed to the dv galley as well
__________________
Jeff
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #11756
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes
 
wrk2surf's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
Oddometer: 6,280
I declare Miami Creek area open!

Miami creek are is open but not much higher elevations..You cant make it to devils peak though.. it will be another month till all is open but here is a clip of yesterday

Spring needle sweeping from Michael Gaynor on Vimeo.

__________________
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #11757
McKay
Studly Adventurer
 
McKay's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Clovis, Ca.
Oddometer: 747
What trail is that? I haven't seen that one before. Looks like fun, both my bikes are down currently I'm jealous.
__________________
Jeff
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #11758
GreeNug
210x2
 
GreeNug's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Sanger, CA
Oddometer: 184
That's a fun trail, thanks for sharing the video! It's been a few years since I've been on it and I don't remember the name?

GreeNug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #11759
MikeinFresno
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Oddometer: 276
I call that the ROCK TRAIL due to the large boulder at abut the one min mark
MikeinFresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #11760
montibank
Happy
 
montibank's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Fresno, Ca
Oddometer: 2,763
I know I am going to miss her...

http://fresno.craigslist.org/mcy/3685715679.html

But I'll find something to git me over the loss...
http://modesto.craigslist.org/mcy/3667279488.html
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014