Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #61
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycamper View Post
Rob,

I did not get any details and I signed up. Will send you a pm with my info.

Happycamper
Got the PM and responded. Individual panniers are between $300 - $350 each depending on finish.

Rob
Old 03-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #62
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Top cases are live on the site - starting at $299! http://advdepot.com/globescout.html?cat=1227

Top case mounts for the following motorcycles will go live later this week:
  • R1200GS & R1200GS Adventure - two different mounts
  • F800GS / F700GS / F650GS Twin
  • Tiger 800
  • Super Tenere
  • KTM 990
  • R1150GS (via special order)

You can get a great view of both the 27L and 40L in the following Globescout video:

Old 03-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #63
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,785
Awesome! Will there be any promos / package deals for the top cases w/ mounts, locks, etc..?

Also, is the 'mount' the part that attaches to the bottom of the case, or the 'rack' that would attach to the bike?
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #64
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
Awesome! Will there be any promos / package deals for the top cases w/ mounts, locks, etc..?

Also, is the 'mount' the part that attaches to the bottom of the case, or the 'rack' that would attach to the bike?
Good question regarding a package deal on the topcase - I'll look into it.

Pannier terminology seems to vary per manufacturer. Here is how it breaks down for us:
  • Racks - The metal frame that attaches to the motorcycle.
  • Mounts / Mounting Kit - The metal 'pucks' that allow the box to attach to the rack. These bolt to the box fit between the loop (or square) of the racks and have an arm that wraps around the opposite side of the loop to keep the box on the rack.
  • Pannier - The box itself. These are often called saddlebags.

Does that help?
Old 03-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #65
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Yep, it helps. Just trying to figure out the bottom line on these. So the cost of the top cases on the site are for the case itself, and we would still have to factor in the cost of the mount (that attaches to the box), locks, a bike-specific rack, and whatever other accessories (inner bag, etc..) we'd like for a complete set up.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #66
joon1911
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Hi Rob,

The panniers look great. I just signed up for the newsletter as I'm in the market for a set of panniers so it's serendipitous that I ran across this post.

One question though... On your website you list the Globescout Worldclass Pannier kit for the GS as including a frame for mounting. Is this frame one of your own manufacture or is it the SW-Motech or HB frame that is listed in the motorcycle specific section?

Thanks. Hopefully I will still get the $100 off coupon.

Regards,
joon1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #67
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Yep, it helps. Just trying to figure out the bottom line on these. So the cost of the top cases on the site are for the case itself, and we would still have to factor in the cost of the mount (that attaches to the box), locks, a bike-specific rack, and whatever other accessories (inner bag, etc..) we'd like for a complete set up.
I've gone ahead and setup a top case kit. The price for everything - mount, locks, topcase, etc. is just north of $400, all in. Some bikes are a bit more more because the mount is a bit complicated. The kit is on the top case page here:

http://advdepot.com/globescout.html?cat=1227

and all of the mounts (pictures, pricing, etc.) are now online too here:

http://advdepot.com/globescout.html?cat=1226

Quote:
Originally Posted by joon1911 View Post
Hi Rob,

The panniers look great. I just signed up for the newsletter as I'm in the market for a set of panniers so it's serendipitous that I ran across this post.

One question though... On your website you list the Globescout Worldclass Pannier kit for the GS as including a frame for mounting. Is this frame one of your own manufacture or is it the SW-Motech or HB frame that is listed in the motorcycle specific section?

Thanks. Hopefully I will still get the $100 off coupon.

Regards,
It all depends on the motorcycle. The majority are setup to specifically use the HB frame. We had the option of using the HB frame. We've sold many (many, many...) of both over the last few years and the HB frames tend to be closer in toward the motorcycle and more resilient the the SW setup. It's a little more difficult for us to pre-drill for, but totally worth it.

Going forward, the plan is to manufacturer a Globescout frame. The R1200GS is first due to overall sales volume. We'll have a frame for the 05-12 R1200GS this summer, and planning for a 2013 R1200GS frame has already started (no ETA). The Globescout frames will allow a notched pannier when the boxes need to be closer to the center of the motorcycle.

You haven't missed the $100 off coupon. It's going to be sent (most likely) toward the end of the week when the pannier pallets get on the boat steaming toward the USA.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #68
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
I've gone ahead and setup a top case kit. The price for everything - mount, locks, topcase, etc. is just north of $400, all in. Some bikes are a bit more more because the mount is a bit complicated. The kit is on the top case page here:

http://advdepot.com/globescout.html?cat=1227

and all of the mounts (pictures, pricing, etc.) are now online too here:

http://advdepot.com/globescout.html?cat=1226
TAKE MY MONEY!!!!
(Black case & Tiger 800 mounts, please!!)

Can the top case racks be had in black?
Old 03-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #69
Edwardbikerider
Bikerider

Oddometer: 11
Hello!

Do you know if Globescout will have a pannier system with an cut out for the exhaust for the new BMW 1200 GS LC?

And will the racks be made in stainless steel?

If so, when will it be on the market do you think?
Edwardbikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #70
HighTechCoonass
Living the Dream....

Oddometer: 2,460
Laugh

WOW these things are nice!!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #71
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
nice panniers. you obviously used BMW, Trax & Touratech design cues, but it looks very well executed.
They really look good, surprisingly similar to the BMW/Touratech panniers (not a bad thing I'd say).
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #72
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
TAKE MY MONEY!!!!
(Black case & Tiger 800 mounts, please!!)

Can the top case racks be had in black?
We will be glad to take your money! We want to have a firm delivery date before doing so. As recently as three days ago, we were told to expect them to ship on 3/22. As soon as we get shipment trace-ability, we'll open up pre-ordering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardbikerider View Post
Hello!

Do you know if Globescout will have a pannier system with an cut out for the exhaust for the new BMW 1200 GS LC?

And will the racks be made in stainless steel?

If so, when will it be on the market do you think?
I'm not sure what you're referring to by 'BMW 1200 GS LC' - can you please clarify?

Any R1200GS or R1200GS Adventure from 05-12 (or 2013 R1200GSA) can use the OEM adventure pannier rack, which is stainless, and does have a notch for the exhaust. Just keep in mind that this is the pannier rack for the ADVENTURE line of panniers, not the VARIO line -- they are very, very different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechCoonass View Post
WOW these things are nice!!
Why, thank ya! We were pretty thrilled with them when they arrived. They significantly exceeded our expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
They really look good, surprisingly similar to the BMW/Touratech panniers (not a bad thing I'd say).
Thanks! They do look somewhat similar - in reality there is only so much you can do with a metal case. That said, the dimensions, latch , lid surround, and of course the branding on side are all different. If you were to see them side-by-side you could clearly tell them apart. The Globescouts looks much more impressive!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #73
Edwardbikerider
Bikerider

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post

I'm not sure what you're referring to by 'BMW 1200 GS LC' - can you please clarify?

Any R1200GS or R1200GS Adventure from 05-12 (or 2013 R1200GSA) can use the OEM adventure pannier rack, which is stainless, and does have a notch for the exhaust. Just keep in mind that this is the pannier rack for the ADVENTURE line of panniers, not the VARIO line -- they are very, very different.l

I wonder if Globescout have panniers for the new BMW 1200 gs LC modell 2013.
I would like to have panniers with an cut out for the exhaust side, like the the old GSA have.
Edwardbikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #74
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardbikerider View Post
I wonder if Globescout have panniers for the new BMW 1200 gs LC modell 2013.
I would like to have panniers with an cut out for the exhaust side, like the the old GSA have.
An 2013 Watercooled R1200GS notched system is currently not available and has not progressed past the discussion phase. I've expressed interest in getting one created, but there is no ETA on it.

There WILL be a non-notched system available in mid-April. Racks will be available in either OEM silver or black powdercoat.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #75
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,707
You guys are gonna live these panniers. I get so many compliments on mine and people ask if they're stainless steel because they will match your stainless appliances :) The 1200GSA set is the best deal going for a quality, durable pannier set that looks OEM. I've already noticed that these don't show boot scuffs as much as the BMW Adventure panniers do. I imagine its because of the clear anodizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote