Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #2551
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocuL View Post
How do you get those numbers? Please learn me. Those numbers are interesting.
I can't believe you are unaware of the very www.gearingcommander.com !!!

[for the 990/950 adv engines use the '950 adv' because I think there is a 'bug' in the 990 ratios]
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #2552
igorpetrovich
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redxjs View Post
Finally took delivery of my new bike on Wednesday.
LOVE IT!
But no TPMS.
Not one of the 3 packs arrived complete either.
No panniers nor topbox, no heated seats, no high screen, no fancy brake & clutch levers.
But the Akrapovic pipe is on and sounds brilliant and looks far better than the standard one.
I guess they are having hard time delivering powerparts, after 10 days from delivery I was able to receive the top case support and the low octain devise, still missing the skid plate

I finished to work on the bike now, I painted the spoilers that go instead of thr crush bars in black and installed them, in addition I removed the passenger handles and the rear bagage plate.

original waight 216kg
akra -4kg
crash bars -4kg
reast of the stuff -2kg
total 206kg.... not bad for a 1200cc
igorpetrovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #2553
Jaimoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorpetrovich View Post
I guess they are having hard time delivering powerparts, after 10 days from delivery I was able to receive the top case support and the low octain devise, still missing the skid plate

I finished to work on the bike now, I painted the spoilers that go instead of thr crush bars in black and installed them, in addition I removed the passenger handles and the rear bagage plate.

original waight 216kg
akra -4kg
crash bars -4kg
reast of the stuff -2kg
total 206kg.... not bad for a 1200cc
pics, pics, pics !!!

2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2012 Yamaha BWs 125
Jaimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #2554
Wuffi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
@igorpetrovic

Pics would really be nice, the black coloured crash protectors would interest me. How did you paint it?
By the way, i just came from my garage, my bike is still unused, i tried the side stand. Also goes difficult in the upper position but it seems after some times to become better. More nerving is a bad squeaking clutch lever which i could not stop still now.
Ciao
Wuffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #2555
Aussijussi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,075
Saw the new 1190 and the 1190 r today, they certainly look better in 'flesh' than in photo's. The shop had two black R's and an orange coloured one with the 19-17 set up. Test ride wasn't on, as it's still full on winter here, Finland, so it's hard to say what they're like. The windscreen looked the part, adjustable. With all the electronic's on the bike, i couldn't help but wonder about the reliability of it all. Still, having the finance, i'd get one tomorrow. It will cost just a tad over 20 000e here, all the same, they're taking lot of order's, appearently number of gs owner's signing the check.
Aussijussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #2556
Red Dust
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 423
AussiJussi. Shame they did not give you a test ride since it would be an excellent time to test the bike in the snow & cold (A mate of mine in Sweden had -17 the other day!), when I lived there traction control & ABS was unheard of, imagine with all that electronics on ice and in snow....
Red Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:01 AM   #2557
igorpetrovich
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuffi View Post
@igorpetrovic

Pics would really be nice, the black coloured crash protectors would interest me. How did you paint it?
By the way, i just came from my garage, my bike is still unused, i tried the side stand. Also goes difficult in the upper position but it seems after some times to become better. More nerving is a bad squeaking clutch lever which i could not stop still now.
Ciao
A cold morning!
I can tell you that Enduro Mode and Enduro ABS work very well.
A pair of knoby tires and I could go anywhere!

Old 03-16-2013, 02:17 AM   #2558
2touringtheworld
World shrinkers

Oddometer: 1,211
US Deliveries of 1190 Adventure

Kim and I were passing through the Zurich Airport late last week and found a full up KTM display booth with a bunch of models on display. Long story short, US deliveries (i.e. availability) are "scheduled" for August.

More details with pics here:

2013 KTM 1190 Adventure
2touringtheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:47 AM   #2559
mauriceke666
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Question cruise control

hello,

a friend just got his new 1190.
he is now looking for the cruise control on the bike but can not find it????
does it have electronic cruise control or not?

thanks...
mauriceke666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:00 AM   #2560
igorpetrovich
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauriceke666 View Post
hello,

a friend just got his new 1190.
he is now looking for the cruise control on the bike but can not find it????
does it have electronic cruise control or not?

thanks...
hops... no cruise control! (it's ktm not a bmw)
Old 03-16-2013, 03:12 AM   #2561
mauriceke666
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorpetrovich View Post
hops... no cruise control! (it's ktm not a bmw)

that sucks.... with the drive by wire it would not have been hard to install cruise control, which is soooo nice on long highway runs....
mauriceke666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:17 AM   #2562
Bikeaddict
Bikeless Due To Recession

Oddometer: 204
[QUOTE=igorpetrovich;20959429]A cold morning!
I can tell you that Enduro Mode and Enduro ABS work very well.
A pair of knoby tires and I could go anywhere!

Like it veryyyyy much without the bars. Donīt know if the black bits you painted will protect you on a spill. My guess is that the bars will be better but you canīt have it all. Anyway, I would live the rack on. It looks better for my likings.
A question for you Igor: How about the seat comfort? It looks on the thin side.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:37 AM   #2563
Tails_KTM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Wink KTM 1190 Adventure Easter Eggs

Since the weather here is terrible and my 1190 is sitting in the garage, I got bored. Easter is coming up and Easter eggs are known in the software industry as hidden messages or features. I tried to find some in the KTM. It's all for fun…

1. Hidden key fob
When I opened the passenger seat, there was a free KTM Adventure key fob next to the tool set.

2. Little Black Men
In the main display of the 1190 you see a little black man. Don't worry, this is not the 'limp home' mode. It's an indication of the rider load mode. The EDS equipped models have settings for either one person, person plus luggage (a man with a bag), two-up and two-up with luggage.

3. Cool, I have heated grips!
No you don't. Not necessarily. The combined instrument, the display on the left, contains a setting for the optional heated grips. They can be off, minimum, medium and maximum, but if the grips don't get hot … you didn't cross that option when buying the bike.

4. Cool, I have TPMS
Quite likely, you do. Most models of the regular 1190 will be equipped with electronic damping, traction control, and TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System). The combined instrument has a display for it and in the settings you can choose between seeing the pressure in psi or bar.

A mechanic told me to be careful when having tires repaired in 'adventurous' countries. Or by people who haven't yet heard of TPMS on motorcycles. It is very easy to damage the sensor, which is attached to the inside of the wheel. Break the bead well away from the valve.

5. Why is a light blinking above my speedo?
Because it's time to shift, dummy. There is a shift light just like on sports bikes. In the settings, you can set the rpm at which it will blink (say 8000rpm) and at which it will burn constantly (say 10000). Guess what, you can also turn it off. Or watch the road instead.

6. Wow, I have a quick shifter and 80 octane mode!
Same as with the heated grips. But these two settings in the menu are not documented in the printed manual. Apparently, a quick shifter can be added to the bike and then you can set it here. Better documented is an optional Offroad/Bad Fuel Dongle. If you buy that, then you can change the setting in the menu.

7. The magical handlebar
You can set the rider seat in two positions and also change the height of the fairing without using tools. The footrests can be set in two heights, but you need to take them off with tools to do it. If you want to adjust the reach to the handlebar a bit, you can switch the handlebar adapters around 180 degrees, (yes, also with tools). The trick is that the bores are offset by 3.5mm.

Tails_KTM screwed with this post 03-16-2013 at 03:55 AM
Tails_KTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:58 AM   #2564
Ghostrider.
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Old 03-16-2013, 05:43 AM   #2565
backwoods bobby
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
do we know have a limited edition, that is the way the exhaust should be.
backwoods bobby is online now   Reply With Quote