Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #16
jgrady
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Enduristan has been good so far. Everything stayed dry in a cloud burst. No rain cover needed.

http://blackdogcw.com/black-dog-shop.../275-1135.html

MHO
Old 04-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #17
jonny cash
LEGEND

Oddometer: 342
I really like my Giant Loop Fandango! It is waterproof and it is out of the way when standing.

jonny cash screwed with this post 04-19-2012 at 07:10 PM
jonny cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #18
woodchuckexc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 798
Zero check out Kreiga. Nice stuff. They sell h2o proof bags in multiple sizes. 5,10,20,25,30liter and bigger I think. Nice thing is they are built to piggy back each other making options many. You can buy a tank mounting kit that turns any size to a tank bag. Stack em for a custom fit. They also make several size back packs that allow you to attach all size bags. I bought a 5L bag and tool roll for the tail of my 300 the other day. I will be outfitting my 950 with luggage from them soon. I bought it at Scuderia West in Sf. That means KTM Twins has em. Look at Kreiga website. I think you'll like what you see
woodchuckexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #19
Hochtouren
Improve until broken

Oddometer: 150
Agreed. +1 on the Kriega. I've got the backpack and the drybag I mount on the rear rack. The quality is amazing, great straps, waterproof zippers - top shelf. I also have the KTM tank bag though and have no complaints - a good everyday piece of gear, fits the bike well and no issues with hardware.
Hochtouren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #20
Terence FFM
prof. cat-herder

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrady View Post
Enduristan has been good so far. Everything stayed dry in a cloud burst. No rain cover needed.

http://blackdogcw.com/black-dog-shop.../275-1135.html

MHO
I've heard lots of good things about their products on the LC8info forum. Furthermore, they come in two sizes now.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #21
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,004
Giant Loop Fandango.

Doesnt get in the way when youre standing or when youre up over the tanks in corners. The KTM bag is just too damned big for any off road riding, its just plain obtrusive and gets in the way. If you ride like a grandma at 20 mph with your butt on the seat the whole time I guess the KTM bag would be ok as it holds a ton of shit.

I used the Fandango tank bag over 50,000 miles and not one single issue, well built, bombproof product. I normally dont like to suggest equipment as everyone is different, but I think this bag is exceptional.

http://www.giantloopmoto.com/collect...dango-tank-bag

Edit: Just noticed this thread is 3 years old. Guess I'm a little late.

crashmaster screwed with this post 04-20-2012 at 12:17 AM
crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:10 AM   #22
elias
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
I have the touratech tank bag. I find very practical. No need to put the straps under seats and forks, just change the 4 bolts and you place it in 10 seconds, and take it of in 5. It is very solid also with the extra space open. I dont have a waterproof cover, but 5 years now, no water has enterd.

elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:48 AM   #23
zeropoint
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
hey guys, thanks for all the offerings. maybe i should have started a new thread rather than necro bumping this one. i've been looking at all these suggestions but this is primarily for a summer european road tour - off road element will be minimal.

i was hoping to find something that answered all of these requirements:

easy zip on and off
works as a rucksack
has a built in stowable helmet carrier

i like the sleek, minimal lines of the fandango but I think it only has the grab handle for carrying (?) I'd really like to be able to carry my tankbag on my back when off the bike and keep my hands free. Same goes for the helmet. I don't really want to leave it on the bike and carrying it in your hand is a pain if you're doing much wandering on foot.

the kriega system is excellent but, although the US 5, 10 and 20, can all function as tankbags with the tank adapter, they cannot function by themselves as rucksacks. They can however be attached, as expansion bags to any of the kriega rucksacks and they are without doubt fully waterproof without rain covers. i'm thinking of picking up a couple of US10s or 20s to sit on top of my sw motech trax evo aluminium boxes.

kriega do however do a neporene helmet skin with d rings on it that i could use, with a piece of webbing and clips to attach to the bottom of a tankbag's rucksack straps, so i may well pick one of those up.

mmmmm, so looks like i'm down to a famsa or ktm tank bag with rain covers and the kriega helmet carrier. i'd possibly go with the fandango if it had rucksack straps - an orange one would suit my orange bike and the giant loop great basin, should i decide to go that route for my soft luggage option.

thanks again everyone
Old 04-20-2012, 05:54 AM   #24
zeropoint
Gnarly Adventurer

thanks elias, i posted before is saw your reply. touratech bag is definitely in the mix too. do those four bolts come with the bag?
Old 04-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #25
elias
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropoint View Post
thanks elias, i posted before is saw your reply. touratech bag is definitely in the mix too. do those four bolts come with the bag?
Yes they come with the tank bag. It also has three rings outside to put straps and make it backpack (dont remember if the straps are in it, but anything works). I have used it like this and it really is very usefull.

Also if you take the tank bag with you why leave behind the part that zips on the bag, if this gets lost or breaks can you find anothere? The touratech is only one part and if a cord cuts of, you can easy fix it on your own. (never happend to me)

By the way i am not a touratech dealer, i just love my tank bag.
elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #26
PS-RagE
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
I used the KTM tank bag for two seasons and while I never really found it was in the way when standing (and I am up on the pegs the second the pavement runs out), I did find that I could never get the thing to hold on tight enough and it always seemed to be shifting from one side to the other. The other thing that annoyed me about it was far from water tight. Not an issue when riding but when parked the stuff inside would get wet. Of course, I never had the silly shower cap when I needed it.

This year I've traded up to the Enduristan Sandstorm. I haven't left it out in the rain yet (it is supposed to be waterproof) but I can tell you now that it holds on tight!

2007 Beta REV3 270
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
PS-RagE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #27
zeropoint
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the input everyone. I went for the new Enduristan Sandstorm 2 Enduro.

Rock solid on the bike and quick and easy on and off
Waterproof out of the box
Hold its shape when empty and easily expandable
Full size map pocket

Plus I emailed Enduristan about a couple of female buckles, with which I can add a couple of small extension straps that will have it functioning as a rucksack too.......and they're going to send me them FOC. Brilliant service!

I have had my eye of the Kriega gear too - thanks for that - and they just brought out a fantastic soft luggage and rotopax system, the Overlander 60. Nice......

http://www.kriega.com/overlander-60/
Old 03-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #28
sabink
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
A friend of mine recently got KTM tank bag and I was surprised that it was different than mine. It seems that KTM have changed it and now its smaller.

The best think about KTM bag is that it has 3 outside pockets and the map pocket is with outside access. I usually put my phone in there and also other stuff I need easy access.

Which of the other bags has 3 outside pockets, outside access to map pocket and fast zipper take off?
sabink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:55 AM   #29
Alex_RO
Wanderer

Oddometer: 194
SW-Motech Enduro tankbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabink View Post
A friend of mine recently got KTM tank bag and I was surprised that it was different than mine. It seems that KTM have changed it and now its smaller.

The best think about KTM bag is that it has 3 outside pockets and the map pocket is with outside access. I usually put my phone in there and also other stuff I need easy access.

Which of the other bags has 3 outside pockets, outside access to map pocket and fast zipper take off?
Seems like an identical (maybe just a tad smaller) tankbag to the KTM / Famsa one... http://varaderofreaks.wordpress.com/...duro-tank-bag/ (a random link from the web, no affiliation)

I got one thanks to special deal but i haven't had the time/opportunity to use it yet. I'm a bit nervous about the zip base since it's an additional failure point (at least that was the case on the Famsa tankbag).
Alex_RO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #30
sabink
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_RO View Post
Seems like an identical (maybe just a tad smaller) tankbag to the KTM / Famsa one... http://varaderofreaks.wordpress.com/...duro-tank-bag/ (a random link from the web, no affiliation)

I got one thanks to special deal but i haven't had the time/opportunity to use it yet. I'm a bit nervous about the zip base since it's an additional failure point (at least that was the case on the Famsa tankbag).
This bag is exactly the same as the KTM one. It seems KTM just re-branded it.
sabink is offline   Reply With Quote