+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,720
Nice trophy!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #543
gwenduro
Mom!

Oddometer: 170
Whoo-Hoo!

I've been on the road, hence only now able to add my voice to all the others. congratulations, Ned. Well done.

Very exciting! Xoxox
gwenduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #544
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,847
Just made it to Tunis and dropped off Lastplace, Mike K, Dirk, and J-L at the airport. What a great group of guys, has been so much fun to be a part of for the last week! As Mike said, not one bummer in the bunch!

Lots of thoughts to share about the race, but there is plenty of time for that in the days to come. In the short term, I'll sum up that its a great event, the riding was both better and more challenging than I expected, and my result surprised me as much as anyone. I tried to ride "the speed of fun" for the whole time, and that worked out pretty well.

Not a moment went by that Wes was very far from any of our thoughts, after speaking with him Day 1, I think (and hope) the enjoyment I had from the event is a tribute to his own love for the sport.

Wild Man and I have one more night in Tunis, and fly home tomorrow. It's been a great adventure.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #545
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,454

Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
Just made it to Tunis and dropped off Lastplace, Mike K, Dirk, and J-L at the airport. What a great group of guys, has been so much fun to be a part of for the last week! As Mike said, not one bummer in the bunch!

Lots of thoughts to share about the race, but there is plenty of time for that in the days to come. In the short term, I'll sum up that its a great event, the riding was both better and more challenging than I expected, and my result surprised me as much as anyone. I tried to ride "the speed of fun" for the whole time, and that worked out pretty well.

Not a moment went by that Wes was very far from any of our thoughts, after speaking with him Day 1, I think (and hope) the enjoyment I had from the event is a tribute to his own love for the sport.

Wild Man and I have one more night in Tunis, and fly home tomorrow. It's been a great adventure.

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #546
Spark Plug
Low on compression

Oddometer: 1,336
Great job Ned!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #547
ktmmitch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post

Ned,
Thanks for the thoughts about Wes,it would have great for all of us to have spent the week catching up,but we returned to the UK after his accident,as we could not give 100% concentration to the rally,and we did not want to have any more accidents.
I have just returned home from his house,and speaking to Deb,his partner,she has been overwhelmed by the messages of support from the ADV community,these are people she has never met,but we all share a common bond of bikes and adventure.I am very grateful,on her behalf,for these words in our time of grief.
His body was returned to the UK from Tunisia last night,and we met him at the local funeral directors late yesterday,his final CP,and all that remains now is to pack his kit away for him.
This has been a very sad few months for our group here in the UK,as we do not participate in rallies with the intention of causing danger to ourselves,and hurt to others.But we know it is always there in the background,but the attraction of what we do,and the scenery and friends we meet during our travels within the community,seem to outweigh any negative thoughts about our sport.
We hope to meet you all again,under less sombre circumstances,and look forward to adventures with friends.
Tomorrow I will ride in our local club trial,and my youngest son,Adam,will ride Wes's old Beta.We will remember his passing a week ago,with his friends who he grew up with.It is in times like these that we revert to the things that started us down the path to where we are now,just biking with friends in our local area,having fun.

regards to all

John

ktmmitch screwed with this post 03-16-2013 at 12:06 PM
ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #548
E-Ticket2
E-Ticket

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
Ned,
Thanks for the thoughts about Wes,it would have great for all of us to have spent the week catching up,but we returned to the UK after his accident,as we could not give 100% concentration to the rally,and we did not want to have any more accidents.
I have just returned home from his house,and speaking to Deb,his partner,she has been overwhelmed by the messages of support from the ADV community,these are people she has never met,but we all share a common bond of bikes and adventure.I am very grateful,on her behalf,for these words in our time of grief.
His body was returned to the UK from Tunisia last night,and we met him at the local funeral directors late yesterday,his final CP,and all that remains now is to pack his kit away for him.
This has been a very sad few months for our group here in the UK,as we do not participate in rallies with the intention of causing danger to ourselves,and hurt to others.But we know it is always there in the background,but the attraction of what we do,and the scenery and friends we meet during our travels within the community,seem to outweigh any negative thoughts about our sport.
We hope to meet you all again,under less sombre circumstances,and look forward to adventures with friends.
Tomorrow I will ride in our local club trial,and my youngest son,Adam,will ride Wes's old Beta.We will remember his passing a week ago,with his friends who he grew up with.It is in times like these that we revert to the things that started us down the path to where we are now,just biking with friends in our local area,having fun.

regards to all

John
Very well said, Jonh.

It speaks volumes about a person by the company they keep.
Please raise a glass and toast to Wesley's honor for all those that can't be there.

Cheers, E-Ticket

Mine: '12 KTM 350 EXC-F; '99 Honda VFR 800i Interceptor
Wife: '08 KTM 250 XCF-W; '04 Honda CBR600 F4i
E-Ticket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #549
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,019
Said it on FB and now here, Well Done Ned!!!
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #550
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,017
Quote:
Ned,

regards to all

John
Thanks for posting this John. Strength to you, his friends and his family during this difficult time.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #551
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 399
Subscribed! We need more coverage on these events

Cheers, Toby

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet
charapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:10 AM   #552
divaha
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96

Another win for EAO team. Great result in Tuareg Rally 2013 with 4 team members in top 8;
#1 Mark
#3 Kim
#6 Martin
#8 Joris
#33 Gwen
#35 Tom
#39 Rob

alturl.com/2rjs6
divaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:32 AM   #553
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 2,022
Congrats to all the contenders, a difficult rally indeed. Very well done Ned,
Jenny, you have been an amazing reporter If only you could ride and report at the same time in the upcoming events

Ktkmmitch, very well said, I wish strength to you, his friends and family through these difficult times... Events like these make me sometimes reconsider, but I tend to think to myself that we are who we are because of what we do, and if there were not risks involved we would not have been the same...

My sincere condolences once again.
D.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:02 AM   #554
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 646
Thumb

Quote:
Ned,

regards to all

John
Well said John, Well said.

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #555
disodbediente
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
To the memory of Wesley Beane.

disodbediente is offline   Reply With Quote