Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #1621
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albal0ney View Post
so jelly, have fun in Austin Antihero, you deserve it!

I have a 998 that keeps on breaking on me, and have been longing for an "upgrade" to your bike for awhile now.

I saw this on cycletrader: http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...433?zmc=cfem1&

at the fugly paint job, but it is a great deal haha
Ducati dealers are offering some good deals on the 2012s....and if you're ever going to put an aftermarket exhaust on a Panigale, you want a pre 1/1/13 manufacture date (new noise law).

In any case, those fairings look a lot better than mine....
AntiHero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:39 PM   #1622
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Yes. Tickle me with a fucking blow torch. I went to a classic car/wine/wood fired pizza meet and came out after to find out some fucker had plowed into the heroine who had survived so much over the past 9 months with barely a scratch.

Bent clip on. Fucked front fairing. Cracked/damaged left side fairing. Damaged right side fairing (the side the car hit). Bent kickstand. Clutch lever is bent, which may have damaged the clutch cylinder, too. Left mirror is jacked. New bar end (which are extended to prevent damage) I put on yesterfuckingday is buggered.

Did the ass shit who backed into it leave a note or try to find the only guy at the event with a helmet? Nope. The felcher drove off instead.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #1623
mint julep
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Awwww $hit!
That blows! Some bad karma coming to that mofo.

Sorry to see that happen to anyone, especially to you and the anti stallion.
Ask around, maybe someone at the event saw something.

Just wondering did the dude backed into it on the right side of bike to land on its left? Any damage to the right side?
Maybe that dude was drunk and just got the hell outta there.

Hope she gets the TLC swiftly and not more damage. :(

Dave
mint julep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:44 AM   #1624
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mint julep View Post
Awwww $hit!
That blows! Some bad karma coming to that mofo.

Sorry to see that happen to anyone, especially to you and the anti stallion.
Ask around, maybe someone at the event saw something.

Just wondering did the dude backed into it on the right side of bike to land on its left? Any damage to the right side?
Maybe that dude was drunk and just got the hell outta there.

Hope she gets the TLC swiftly and not more damage. :(

Dave
In the dark the right side looked fine. When I got home I saw the damage to the right--couldn't get a good pic of it, though. Looks like a silver or silvery gray car / suv hit it. There are a series of parallel dot imprints and some abrasions to the once-gorgeous red paint.

I only hope that whoever hit my bike WAS drunk and got a DUI on their way home.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:45 AM   #1625
mario33
Howling around...

Oddometer: 145
Holy cow !!!! Have you reported to the police? I still dont think they would take the paint for analysis (unless you know some high seated cops).

I'm usually not wishing anyone but theres a limit... feckin arsehole.... if only she/he would stand to what she/he done.

I really believe Ducati NA stands to their promises and help you make her runnin again.

Just a thought - maybe that was someone that was attending the very same meeting? Matbe its worth asking a bit around with people you met there (whos got such a car etc?)
Old 03-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #1626
ewaugh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Wow.......It's never a good feeling to walk up and see your bike in any different position than you left it.

I hope you at least filed a police report. Collecting the paint wouldn't be a bad idea, but even if you were to get is tested you would really need a sample from the suspected car to compare it to. Even then all it proves is that someone with the same model/year car hit the supermodel, not that that specific car did. The police aren't going to do much, but finding out who drove a silver SUV might be beneficial.

So, the big question is will it be ride able to Texas?
ewaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #1627
CanadianLifeGuard
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Cry

Damn that's a shit move, to cripple a bike as beautiful as that and drive away with no note. I hope you get her fixed up and back on the road quickly and with little fuss. I'm looking forward to your report on the 1199R, you going to start a new thread or just post it in here?

Oh and Happy St. Paddy's day everyone! I'll hoist a pint (or several) for you tonight.
CanadianLifeGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #1628
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianLifeGuard View Post
Damn that's a shit move, to cripple a bike as beautiful as that and drive away with no note. I hope you get her fixed up and back on the road quickly and with little fuss. I'm looking forward to your report on the 1199R, you going to start a new thread or just post it in here?

Oh and Happy St. Paddy's day everyone! I'll hoist a pint (or several) for you tonight.

Will do the 1199R / Launch event report on this thread here. Keep an eye on twitter M-W as that might be the only access I have to the outside world.

I have filed a police report and emailed the event coordinator to see if he'd send an email out to the attendees to see if anyone saw anything or if anyone wants to confess.

Insurance will cover all but the deductible, it's just all a pain in the gulliver.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #1629
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Very sorry to hear. I really have no words for you right now.
I have a few for the idiot who did this, but I won't share them right now.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #1630
Traveller13
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Picked up this thread from a bike forum here in Oz, epic ride and insightful views on the world we live in, thanks AH for a memorable story and to show that a tour can be undertaken on any bike if you have the sac to do it. Riding motor bikes has changed my life and the views I have on many facets of said life and I loved the clarity of thought ideal as this is exactly how I feel when I ride.

Cheers and keep riding brother.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #1631
M0t0Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Did u park it between 2 parallel parked cars?

Was is parked in its own spot or did u try sneaking it between 2 cars to save space?
M0t0Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #1632
Rinty
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 542
Sorry to see this, Anti; that's terrible.

Take lots of pictures in good light, before the repairs are done, just in case you ever decide to sell it.
Rinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #1633
Platinumgrit
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
... words fail me in expressing how sorry I am to see your bike like that :(
Old 03-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #1634
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,627
So that's what the bottom of a Panigale looks like.....

Too soon?

Seriously though, that sucks. I would assume the whomever backed into it, simply didn't know they did it, and that's why they didn't stay to make it right. Might as well think positively about the shit situation eh?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #1635
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
So that's what the bottom of a Panigale looks like.....

Too soon?

Seriously though, that sucks. I would assume the whomever backed into it, simply didn't know they did it, and that's why they didn't stay to make it right. Might as well think positively about the shit situation eh?

They had to. It wasn't just a tipover. The bike hit hard enough to bend the clip - and the kickstand. They'd have to have had a pretty high BAC to not notice.

But you're funny....it is too soon, but I've had a good day. Check out twitter for the updates....beat, hitting the sack, long day tomorrow. Surreal.