User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
moderndaydrifter OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
ADV Riders in Nicaragua...

Since there is already several other country specific threads going we might as well get one started for Nicaragua. There seems to be quite a few inmates living or passing through Nica and it would be awesome to get linked up. All the Nica info you need in one place. So how many ADVers do we have down here in the jungle?

I live about 8 miles north of San Juan del Sur in a little community named Playa Majagual, which is one of the best beaches in Nicaragua. It's not an easy place to find but that's what makes it great. I have a small beachfront hotel called The Castaway so if your in the area ride on over and let's drink a beer, and if you have a few to many there is plenty of room for camping.
moderndaydrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
JDowns
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,573
I can vouch for moderndaydrifter. I camped at his hacienda on the beach at Majagual a few months back and it was awesome.

Well okay, a hooker Dano from BC brought home at 2AM did pinch my toe through my tent and want to get to know me better, but that's another story.

One of the highlights of my trip was beach time up at Casa moderndaydrifter on the remote beaches north of San Juan del Sur.

Highly recommended.

Saludos,
Juan del Sur

JDowns screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 06:15 PM
JDowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
TeeVee
His mudda was a mudda!

Oddometer: 739
as you know, I split my time between miami and managua. have a house in managua with a garage and most of the basic tools one would need to do repairs. if i don't have it, friends do.
TeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
Thorne
Sherpa-ing around

Oddometer: 1,204
Is the beach very busy this week? (March 10 to the 17, 2013)

Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
moderndaydrifter OP
Adventurer

Pretty chill at the moment. Once Semana Santa starts things will get wild, but that's not until the 25th or 26th.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
Thorne
Sherpa-ing around

Oddometer: 1,204
Sounds good. Thank you.

Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #7
Hektoglider
One with Life

Oddometer: 2,536
Castaways in Magajual is a must stop place ! Riding through Nicaragua and not stopping in...... You will be missing out on the finest beaches in the country

RTWPaul first shone some light on this great area 12 km north of San Juan del Sur on the dirt road. Later JDowns came here and camped at Castaways. It's pretty chill hanging out here. There's a small kitchen cabin with a fridge, so load up at the store before you leave SJdS.
Here's where you turn towards the beach very near the end of the road. Sign on the orange building says Yoga at low tide or something. Go left here and ride towards the ocean 40 meters or so

Then the black metal gate on your right is Castaway back yard. Ask for Dan

The beach there makes you want to stay. A short walk and there is another deserted beach

Hammock time or beach chair?

We set the tent by the kitchen cabana

After riding through several countries & border crossings, its a great place to reflect on all that we have seen as well as get sorted for the Costa Rica border crossing a short ways south.

Next beach over( vacant)
Not many crowds here as the dirt road keeps them out, but with the bike it's easy to roll in for some R&R

Hektoglider screwed with this post 03-14-2013 at 07:28 PM
Hektoglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #8
Hektoglider
One with Life

Oddometer: 2,536
Best riding we did was the road from Esteli-jinoteca- Matagalpa
Very good riding and the Espino border crossing was easy. No pothole roads up that way either

30 km or so of paver stone road

Trees full of orange bloom

Serpentine road from Jinoteca up over the top and down into Matagalpa

Hektoglider screwed with this post 03-14-2013 at 07:41 PM
Hektoglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #9
chefonbike68
n00b

Oddometer: 2
How about a visit from a lost rider !!

Hey castaway,

I'm Chris as in chefonbike and I left Vancouver bc 3 weeks ago to got to Panama and back
I will definitely come by in about 2-3 weeks, is reservation mandatory ?

see ya
chefonbike68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #10
moderndaydrifter OP
Adventurer

No reservations required Chef! Just shoot me a PM when you get closer and we can work out the details. Ride safe!
Old 03-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
bike-nicaragua
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Hello,

I'm a new member of the "advrider-club"

We're living in León in Nicaragua.

After travelling through whole Latin America and then Africa for years with my 4x4 Landcruiser we decided to settle down in Nicaragua.

We have some Honda XR 250 Tornados for bike-tours or for rent. I can help you to organize some repairs at the workshops here in León or provide you with some informations up to spanish-classes if needed.

Here in León you can have Party, Colonial feeling, beaches 20 minutes ride away, whatever you're looking for.

We have also 1 room left in my house for rent and space and a lot of tools for working at your bike or if you need a safe place to park your bike. We live in a pretty safe area with a sports-club with big swimming pool close by.

You are always welcome.

Contact us as well under cruisertravel(at)gmail.com

saludos Jürgen
bike-nicaragua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #12
brecchi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by moderndaydrifter View Post
Since there is already several other country specific threads going we might as well get one started for Nicaragua. There seems to be quite a few inmates living or passing through Nica and it would be awesome to get linked up. All the Nica info you need in one place. So how many ADVers do we have down here in the jungle?

I live about 8 miles north of San Juan del Sur in a little community named Playa Majagual, which is one of the best beaches in Nicaragua. It's not an easy place to find but that's what makes it great. I have a small beachfront hotel called The Castaway so if your in the area ride on over and let's drink a beer, and if you have a few to many there is plenty of room for camping.
Hey Dan, its Ben....cool that you started this thread. I'll attach a link to my RR in progress about me trying to get to Bluefields. You will probably recognize a lot of the pics.....
Just scored a one-way ticket to Cartegena for $127 for May 14th to continue the ride!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ght=bluefields
brecchi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #13
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by moderndaydrifter View Post

We are currently in Mexico hitting Belize tomorrow then in Guatemala for a month or so then on our way down to invade your place.

Will contact you closer to the time
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #14
Boomer84
Adventurer

a plea for help

Hi to all the Nicaragua riders.

Managed to screw the drive shaft on my xl650v5. I've sourced parts and can get them delivered but the job is well outside of my pay grade. Does anyone know of a good mechanic in Nicaragua? I'm at a loss for what to do. It's gotta be fixed as the bike can't be ridden. We're in Honduras at the moment. On the border to Nicaragua. I'm not sure if I should turn around and go north to find help or push on south.

all.
"Coming home from very lonely places, all of us go a little mad: whether from great personal success, or just an all-night drive, we are the sole survivors of a world no one else has ever seen." - John le Carre

http://www.motorcycleodyssey.co.uk
A fun and intriguing view of my ongoing RTW trip
Boomer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #15
TeeVee
His mudda was a mudda!

Oddometer: 739
I can hook you up with a good mechanic in Managua. A bit aways from you. Pm me if interested
TeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote