Beautful Countryside!
 photo 20120920_124039_zpsc6f6da43.jpg

Historic Towns!
 photo 20120910_181705_zpsd7283b41.jpg

Concerts!
 photo 20120910_201405_zpsa14fee14.jpg

...and the OCEAN:)
 photo 20120915_070126_zps1a01c497.jpg

Go easy on me as this is my first ride report! I am excited to document my adventure here as you all were the inspiration for my fantastic experiences and ride with your RR's! This trip was Fall 2012! I am not much of a linguist so this report will be photo heavy!

My Brief Background:

I am from Wisco, graduated college a couple years ago, flew aerial survey in AK and the lower 48 a couple years. With that job I have been North of Barrow and in Deadhorse, Alaska which is as far north as you can go on roads, so the basis of this trip will be to take me as far south in the United States roads offer!

I now work engineering at a city water utility. I finally picked up a KLR650 after about 8 different bikes since I've had my license. I have never had an enduro ADV type. Love this machine as opposed to the crotchrockets and cruisers I've had in the past. It's the only machine I can put 12 hours on and not have a killer neck problem. Got geared out with the help of the gear board here ( s3 helmet, roadcrafter suit, wolfman baggers, etc) I am into live music and picturesque views..... along with flying, golfing, bowhunting, fishing, metal detecting, shitty vehicles, canoeing, spearfishing......blah blah blah. I found myself to have time all to myself so I am planned to make it count the best I can!

My plan:

I've had off the 8th of September to the 23rd of September - I got a tent and sleeping bag with only one real intention. Reaching the Southernmost Point in the US of A.

Route:

The gist of it will be going from Central Wisco through to Chicago area to stay with a good friend. Onward to the mountains Then on to Knoxville, Tennessee for the state fair. Then finnaggling through the Appalachians. The previous owner has a sticker on the bike for deal's gap so I intended on hitting that road. From there I am going to run down the east coast. A stop in Orlando on a good friends free Westin hotel stay. I may move all the way down to Key West to go as far south as roads can take you in the US!

I've read a ton of RR and take all the advice and suggestions. I am going to pack like I am going on a backcountry elk hunt. Anything even remotely non-essential stays home. I installed new kenda tires for the trip. The bike was at 10k miles so I had the valves checked and the bike looked over.

I hope you enjoy my journey!

-Ryan @ryanb0ll

photo IMG_0974_zps76f31e86.jpg

straightenarrow screwed with this post 06-18-2013 at 11:42 AM
straightenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote