Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #1636
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Not on their website yet. I wouldn't be pre-ordering before knowing what the capacity it is.
I agree. The way this bike is selling, I'm confident Clarke will also be introducing a fuel tank in the near future; they might offer a larger size.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #1637
Gypsyangel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Any opinion yet on which skid plate is better, the Ricochet or the Flatland?

"Eight and a half miles can be covered in minutes with a car on the expressway, but what does a man see? What he gains in time he loses in benefit to his body and his mind."
--Dick Proenneke

States I've ridden in:

Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
Gypsyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #1638
Avi8tor
ADV Poser

Oddometer: 222
Ricochet has more coverage. Take your pick...you can't go wrong.
Avi8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #1639
Gypsyangel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmithy View Post
Ricochet has more coverage. Take your pick...you can't go wrong.
Thanks!

"Eight and a half miles can be covered in minutes with a car on the expressway, but what does a man see? What he gains in time he loses in benefit to his body and his mind."
--Dick Proenneke

States I've ridden in:

Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
Gypsyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #1640
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsyangel View Post
Any opinion yet on which skid plate is better, the Ricochet or the Flatland?
I have the Ricochet and I'm very pleased with it. The rocks were ricocheting off it nicely today!

It makes a satisfying clonk, when it takes a hit.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #1641
Turk
'Bab Man

Oddometer: 110
BDSB stage 1 kit has the FMF injection programmer, CRFOnly has an EJK unit...what if any would the difference between the two be, other than the label?

http://bestdualsportbikes.com/produc...-honda-crf250l

http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id/4881

Turk screwed with this post 03-02-2013 at 11:18 AM
Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #1642
scrambler66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
305cc anyome?

http://www.xlitemoto.com/products_de...489658251.html and they even got hot cams

scrambler66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #1643
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonkee View Post
Yes! Let us kill our enemies, drive them before us and hear the lamentations of their women!

Seriously, the pendulum swings between the extremes of letting people walk all over us to preemptively overturning regimes for questionable purposes ranging from protecting our commercial interests to worrying that the populace may vote in someone sympathetic to our "enemies".

I support our military actions of going after those who attacked us, I do not support our "homeland security" bullshit.

FWIW,
LCB
They are both the same made by dobek performance.
EEKAMOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #1644
Turk
'Bab Man

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
BDSB stage 1 kit has the FMF injection programmer, CRFOnly has an EJK unit...what if any would the difference between the two be, other than the label?

http://bestdualsportbikes.com/produc...-honda-crf250l

http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id/4881
anybody?
Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #1645
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
anybody?
There is no differance they are made by dobek performance bdsb claims theirs is pre programmed its Bs ejk is same thing
Old 03-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #1646
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEKAMOUSE View Post
There is no differance they are made by dobek performance bdsb claims theirs is pre programmed its Bs ejk is same thing
Dobek has a sales site they refer you to. If you are fireman or policeman, active duty or retired military they have a FINE discount. For military you need a copy of your DD214.
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #1647
Lapchik
Tinkeritis posterboy

Oddometer: 257
I just got the big gun evo r exhaust system, and I have two problems. One, it doesnt fit the factory header (at least without an exhaust gasket it doesn't fit, which I ruined trying to pry out of the factory pipe) and also, it does not retain the factory heat shield as far as I can work out. Am I the only one with this problem, or is this a common issue? I'm wondering if they sent me the wrong pipe.

http://www.biohazardcycles.com/servl...82-SLIP/Detail
Lapchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #1648
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapchik View Post
I just got the big gun evo r exhaust system, and I have two problems. One, it doesnt fit the factory header (at least without an exhaust gasket it doesn't fit, which I ruined trying to pry out of the factory pipe) and also, it does not retain the factory heat shield as far as I can work out. Am I the only one with this problem, or is this a common issue? I'm wondering if they sent me the wrong pipe.

http://www.biohazardcycles.com/servl...82-SLIP/Detail
I don't belive this pipe has the bracket for the heat shield only the yoshi and fmf do
Old 03-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #1649
Trollisfed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Question Did I curse spring?

Happy St. Patty's day!

First off I wanted to say thanks for all of you that have contributed so much time and knowledge on this bike. I don't need to name names, you know who you are, and I almost feel like I know some of you after spending waaaay to much time on this dang computer, but you have made my decision much easier for my first dual sport. I will still covet the DR650, but made up mine it needs to be a 250, so I was leaning hard to the WRR but couldn't justify the price, and wanted FI; so another LRP, dang it I wanted to call it something else.

I get to pick it up next week in Gaylord MI, and for you that must know $5k OTD. I searched online a couple weeks ago and could only find 4 bikes in MI, the closest in Muskegon at Babbits and they would not budge on their price, it was only a couple hundred more, but that is a 3 hr drive for me, so it would be $400 w/ gas. I know you can see them listed online for less than MSRP, but I wanted to buy local; and like Ed said "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is"... It really didn't need to be sitting in the garage waiting on the snow to stop, and accessories to arrive. Honda certainly has a winner on their hands.

I've been lurking for way too long, and wanted to apologize for getting a new bike (at least for us in northern MI).
It seems to never fail, if I buy a snow machine we won't get much snow, buy a bike, and it never stops...
Hard to believe it was 60 degrees warmer last year, and then we get dumped with another foot of snow. At least the sun has been out this wknd., and the snow has giving me plenty of time to think up some rides, and accessories like studded tires!!! Typical N. MI...

Thanks again, and will look forward to reading about the mods you lucky ones have been able to do this past year.
Trollisfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #1650
Lapchik
Tinkeritis posterboy

Oddometer: 257
Some videos of my CRF250L. Make sure to subscribe as more videos are on the way, and my first MC club event with this bike is in April.

Skid plate
Barkbusters and Doubletake mirror
Luggage Rack
Rotopax
Tie Downs
Big Gun exhaust and custom modifications to it
Riding around/falling down in the snow

Lapchik screwed with this post 03-17-2013 at 07:59 PM Reason: spelliong
Lapchik is offline   Reply With Quote