ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #811
EODMatt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
From Folsom area, but living in Vacaville because the Military has brought me back to CA. If anyone is doing any trips that my big pig BMW GSA can handle, let me know! Glad to see lots of local folks on here!
EODMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #812
SierraJeep
It's toast

Oddometer: 629
St. Patrick's Day - where's the beef?

So Nytro and I made the ride this morning. Dispite waiting a half-hour for the others to show up at the SPD parking lot, we decided to head out on our own. Got to Allegheny in time for lunch, but apparently we were still an hour and half ahead of the corned beef special. Nothing but dancing shamrocks... or something like that.

No worries, we headed back over Foote's Crossing and then up to North Bloomfield before heading over to Washington. There we finally stopped for lunch, but their corned beef special wasn't going to start for another couple of hours. Damn.

Finally we headed up Alpha Road to Highway 20, and then came down Chalk Bluff (ran into StevefrmGV) and hit the Deer Creek Forebay Road before returning back to Nevada City. I think it was about an 85 mile loop (from and to Nevada City).

It was a fun ride. Apparently, everyone else knew where the corned beef was hiding.

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #813
mysticrick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraJeep View Post
So Nytro and I made the ride this morning. Dispite waiting a half-hour for the others to show up at the SPD parking lot, we decided to head out on our own. Got to Allegheny in time for lunch, but apparently we were still an hour and half ahead of the corned beef special. Nothing but dancing shamrocks... or something like that.

No worries, we headed back over Foote's Crossing and then up to North Bloomfield before heading over to Washington. There we finally stopped for lunch, but their corned beef special wasn't going to start for another couple of hours. Damn.

Finally we headed up Alpha Road to Highway 20, and then came down Chalk Bluff (ran into StevefrmGV) and hit the Deer Creek Forebay Road before returning back to Nevada City. I think it was about an 85 mile loop (from and to Nevada City).

It was a fun ride. Apparently, everyone else knew where the corned beef was hiding.
Greetings,,,
Well,,, I was ready to role at 7am... Apparently,,, my ride woke up when I called him at 7am, but told me he was on his way at that time,,,lol,,,and didnt show up till 830... then off to breakfast... we got to spd at 1030 and rolled out at 11. Ran up the snow line off backbone, played around that area a bit and rolled into Alleghany at 1pm for the Best Corn Beef and Awesome fixings... We were so full that we took it easy on the way back... yeah right...
Anywho,,, next time we plan to ride we should exchange numbers so we can call when shit happens as it does...
All the Best,,,
Ricky
mysticrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #814
luv2lean
not lost til out of gas

Oddometer: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraJeep View Post
.. and then came down Chalk Bluff (ran into StevefrmGV) and hit the Deer Creek Forebay Road before returning back to Nevada City.
Did you come all the way down Chalk Bluff on Big bikes .. without snorkles?
We were up Relief Hill/Washington way on Saturday with the crazy idea we may ride down Lowell Hill Rd from 20 but it was iced over pretty solid at the top, and knowing the brown pools on Chalk Bluff like I do.. we rode back down 20.
luv2lean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #815
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,599
Was watching for a slew of bikes as I was on my way home from work so I could give you all a big ADV salute.

Looks like everybody rode this weekend. My weekend starts now. Ho hum, wonder if its a burn day? Got plenty of stuff to do besides ride. Laundry, mop the floors, brush the dog..... I am sure I sneak in some saddle time somewhere.

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #816
oldtrucks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes950 View Post
My weekend starts now. Ho hum, wonder if its a burn day?
The voice at 268-1023 says burn. I'm going to light mine off tomorrow afternoon before the rain starts
Old 03-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #817
Nytro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Good Ride

Thanks for showing me around the area SierraJeep. Glad you showed up!
No worries on the late/missed start, next time I'll do a better job of connecting to find out about any changed plans.

Not sure if we went all the way down Chalk Bluff. I don't think so, but I had no idea where I was the whole time.
We had a bit of snow, mud, water, rocks. Nothing too crazy so I'm guessing we missed the gnarly bits just like we missed the corned beef...

First time in the area for me as I'm a bit of a lazy rider... With Foresthill and Georgetown in my back yard it's just too easy to ride there without much effort. Hope to explore the area more and maybe connect with some of you FF'ers.

Steve
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #818
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrucks View Post
The voice at 268-1023 says burn. I'm going to light mine off tomorrow afternoon before the rain starts
Yep, started at about 10 and just came in. 9 hours of burn and got it done (for now)

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #819
SierraJeep
It's toast

Oddometer: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2lean View Post
Did you come all the way down Chalk Bluff on Big bikes .. without snorkles?
We only came down about 2 or 3 miles (I can't remember) until we got to the Deer Creek Forebay Road intersection - which also happened to be the first large snow drift you'll hit coming down from the top. Most of the giant water holes are between there and Buckeye Road.

2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 450 EXC
SierraJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #820
luv2lean
not lost til out of gas

Quote:
...the crazy idea we may ride down Lowell Hill Rd from 20 but it was iced over pretty solid at the top...
Not anymore!
As of today - it's as good as it gets.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #821
decooney
Enduro Rider

Oddometer: 210
Folsom here, on a Beta 450RS. More of a 85% dirt trail 15% street rider, use the roads to get to the next dirt trail if possible.

Checking here to see if there are any gold country 50/50 road dirt rides planned in any of the area groups. I made a post today on GCDSR Gold Country Dual Sport Riders group forum today to see if the annual "April 150" dirt dual sport ride is going to happen this year or not. So far, no replies yet. Checking to see if there are any smaller group rides doing something similar in case the April 150 does not happen this year. Need one DS ride before putting the full dirt tires back on, and before it starts getting hot - perfect weather to be DS riding, right now! Will check back next week to see what's up. Thanks. Duane
decooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #822
mysticrick
Adventurer

Quote:
Not anymore!
As of today - it's as good as it gets.
Shoots!!! Need to finish my mods and get out soon... I'll post up when ready... Love Snot Bluff when it's Such!!!

Peace,,,
mysticrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #823
charliefrench2oo8
Adventurer

from sacramento area

From sacramento area, I'm a big bike *vstrom 650"

I can go offroad a lot better then people would expect on this thing.. once i get a skidplate i can worry a lot less
charliefrench2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #824
motofishman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Wow charliefrench your up early. I also ride a weestrom and do pretty good offroad, I haven't gone the skidplate route yet, just avoid rocks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
motofishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #825
luv2lean
not lost til out of gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrucks View Post
.. I hit snow on the north slope climbing the ridge on Kanaka Creek, so I couldn't see any of Plumbago Rd.
Anybody been back to check the snow/mud on the Kanaka/Plumbago route out of Alleghany since last month?