Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #1651
Wingboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada280i View Post
The ossa importer runs excellent practice sessions throughout the summer if you need somewhere to ride between trials, Wednesday evenings and weekends, excellent place, excellent group to ride with
I'm signed up for the april 27th school.I need a refresher.I'll prolly be there wed evenings.It's only 20 minutes from work.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #1652
LarryDawg
trials nut

Oddometer: 74
Eh? kansas

Weather. Stinks!!!! 62 degrees yesterday, 30 today! Not to mention I have a cold again. So didn't ride today.
Larry
Old 03-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #1653
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Oddometer: 735
Yesterday...

Didn't have time to do the video tell today. Had a good time with some friends, and even had a new guy looking to try out trials with us, was lots of fun.

jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #1654
LarryDawg
trials nut

Oddometer: 74
Thumb looked like fun to me

Nice place to ride!!!!
LarryDawg
Old 03-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #1655
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDawg View Post
Weather. Stinks!!!! 62 degrees yesterday, 30 today! Not to mention I have a cold again. So didn't ride today.
Larry
(insert your best Richard Dawson {Family Feud} voice)

"What did I do with my bike today!" "Survey Says!"

BUZZZZ!

Sorry this is NOT the "what I DIDNT DO with my bike today" thread, so now Brewtus's team has a chance to steal...
Sting32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #1656
djones745
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Epoxy'd the crap outta the airbox and seat after looping it out on my pallet stack!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:57 AM   #1657
ADVCoop
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 765
So are grips extremely hard to install on all trials bikes, or just this 92 GT25? Or maybe the Renthal grips are slightly undersized. It took A LOT of effort getting the throttle side on. I even tried air, which has always worked before. But man that was an extremely tight fit. Yes I made sure I was using the correct grip on the throttle side haha.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:04 AM   #1658
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,083
I always use spray paint. Whatever color I have, even clear. Just spray in the grip slides right on and sticks like glue.
lineaway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #1659
ADVCoop
Studly Adventurer

This is the picture i meant to post. You can see at the end of the grip how stretched it is. I think this bike has a really fat throttle tube LOL.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #1660
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVCoop View Post
This is the picture i meant to post. You can see at the end of the grip how stretched it is. I think this bike has a really fat throttle tube LOL.

Most likely, "someone" placed the left grip on the right grip side, they have different inside diameter on grips for motorcycles. I have done this on purpose ONE time, when I didnt have a right side grip, but needed to go right now.

I am very sensitive on thickness of grips, I cannot run the thick ones, my arms pump too fast, I get charlie horses. when you have the grips on correctly, they should be same sizes, I can't for the life of me guess what else it can be, the throttle tubes should all be the same, I guess you can't tell or prove it without a donor or a spare tube to test the theory.

I personally haven't used the Renthals grips, my dad likes them, got to have the ones with little to none of the "thumb flange" or whatever it is called... I got these new, fat, super soft "pro-grips," that I cannot get to stop twisting on the left grip, the glue on throttle grip stuck nicely, but the left grip, even with triple safety-wiring, it still rotates on the bars... I'm more than half pissed we cannot get Hebo grips anymore? Least my supplier tells me so.
Sting32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #1661
joe cool
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 809
I'd try taking the grips off and use some carb. cleaner or grip glue to reinstall just act fast. I f you plan to compete use safety wire in 2-3 spots along the length of the grips. Also use the palm of your hand to help push them on.
joe cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #1662
Canada280i
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
Most likely, "someone" placed the left grip on the right grip side, they have different inside diameter on grips for motorcycles. I have done this on purpose ONE time, when I didnt have a right side grip, but needed to go right now.

I am very sensitive on thickness of grips, I cannot run the thick ones, my arms pump too fast, I get charlie horses. when you have the grips on correctly, they should be same sizes, I can't for the life of me guess what else it can be, the throttle tubes should all be the same, I guess you can't tell or prove it without a donor or a spare tube to test the theory.

I personally haven't used the Renthals grips, my dad likes them, got to have the ones with little to none of the "thumb flange" or whatever it is called... I got these new, fat, super soft "pro-grips," that I cannot get to stop twisting on the left grip, the glue on throttle grip stuck nicely, but the left grip, even with triple safety-wiring, it still rotates on the bars... I'm more than half pissed we cannot get Hebo grips anymore? Least my supplier tells me so.
My guess would be that they are Renthal ATV grips which are the same size for both sides (both non-throttle size) because ATV's use a thumb throttle
Canada280i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #1663
ADVCoop
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
Most likely, "someone" placed the left grip on the right grip side, they have different inside diameter on grips for motorcycles.
Nope. I have installed 100's of grips over the years and know to check to make sure I am using the correct grip on the correct side. i double checked even after I saw how tight it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada280i View Post
My guess would be that they are Renthal ATV grips which are the same size for both sides (both non-throttle size) because ATV's use a thumb throttle
Nope. The throttle side was bigger.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #1664
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,302
I kicked mine over and rode some figure eights and some baby step-ups.

God must have known I was a Beta guy.......that's why he forked up my right hip. The bike started right up.

However small, it sure felt good just to work on a little balance and clutch.
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #1665
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
I kicked mine over and rode some figure eights and some baby step-ups.

God must have known I was a Beta guy.......that's why he forked up my right hip. The bike started right up.

However small, it sure felt good just to work on a little balance and clutch.

Cool this!!