ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 04:30 AM   #2071
Duhfactor
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Herriman, Ut.
Oddometer: 21
Tune ECU connection video

For those just starting to use Tune ECU, here's a quick video on where the connectors are, how to connect and download a map, etc. It's not a software how to, but done just to help people see how easy it is to connect to the bike, and download a map. Let the dissention begin.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbw9t...yer_detailpage

~D
__________________
"Never argue with ignorant people. They will just bring you down to their level and beat you with their overwhelming experience."
Duhfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #2072
Vicks
I love sand !!!
 
Vicks's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Oddometer: 2,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
reset adaptation and 15 min idle.
This is something that has escaped me all the while. I have been using TuneECU for the last few months, done quote a few of the tests but never been able to d othe "reset adaption" after a map download to the ECU. This option stays disabled - light gray color on my TuneECU all the time. mine's an '07 EU bike - does it have anything to do with this ?
__________________
'07 KTM Adv990S - Gone to a good home
'10 KTM 530Exc-Rally, some items for sale
No myriad hues of laser lights, no bottles that are oozing with nectars from heaven
No beautiful body soft and warm to the touch but, i have a very small desire
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Vicks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:30 AM   #2073
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer
 
Gustavo.Ramos's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Accross the pond
Oddometer: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
This is something that has escaped me all the while. I have been using TuneECU for the last few months, done quote a few of the tests but never been able to d othe "reset adaption" after a map download to the ECU. This option stays disabled - light gray color on my TuneECU all the time. mine's an '07 EU bike - does it have anything to do with this ?
That probably has to do with the map you're loading in. Some earlier maps do not allow all tests to be performed. Try a 07/08 AK map see if these tests become alive.

Worked for me.
__________________
Growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional!

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #2074
KTM Pilot
Gnarly Adventurer
 
KTM Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
>>>Adjust the cables as above, get an electronic balance tool and adjust the throttle body balance, reset adaptation and 15 min idle. <<<
Thanks Zuber - what's the 'reset adaption'?
Cheers
Konrad
__________________
Smugmug $5 discount coupon # 2ucrtCWwf7D7A
KTM Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:46 AM   #2075
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer
 
Gustavo.Ramos's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Accross the pond
Oddometer: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM Pilot View Post
Thanks Zuber - what's the 'reset adaption'?
Cheers
Konrad
Bottom button in the tests tab.
__________________
Growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional!

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:52 AM   #2076
KTM Pilot
Gnarly Adventurer
 
KTM Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo.Ramos View Post
Bottom button in the tests tab.
Thanks - will try tomorrow!
__________________
Smugmug $5 discount coupon # 2ucrtCWwf7D7A
KTM Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:49 AM   #2077
MotorOlly
Sand basher
 
MotorOlly's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo.Ramos View Post
got fuel, or the right fuel!?

Don't want to misslead you, i've ne ver had a problem with 990 Fuel pump, only the usual 950 FP of previous bike, but from your description *could* be a bad pump.

Maybe someone else might add some insights?
My filter blocked on way to a ferry, bike would only run for couple of mins then die, speed limited and power dies with throttle open. It then collapsed and filled the injectors with crap. Source of problem: previous owners bad hygene!

KTM say change filters every 10000km or something so if you haven't then its a good starting point. Easy to check if you take it out and have a look.

Don't want to sound unhelpful but its posting a bit off topic though, not much to do with ecu tunes? Is anyone moderating this thread could keep these posts in the right places? Happy to help but they should realy be elsewhere I think.
MotorOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:18 AM   #2078
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer
 
Gustavo.Ramos's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Accross the pond
Oddometer: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorOlly View Post
Don't want to sound unhelpful but its posting a bit off topic though, not much to do with ecu tunes? Is anyone moderating this thread could keep these posts in the right places? Happy to help but they should realy be elsewhere I think.
Not unhelpful at all, the question arised in how to test the FP with TuneEcu... kinda borderline, and then evolved to the Fuel Pump itself.

But you're right.
__________________
Growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional!

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #2079
Master
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Belgium
Oddometer: 336
Ok guys, I'm very new to this TuneECU thing. Just downloaded the program and it looks great, but I don't have the experience to start changing things in the mappings, and I don't want to read through all the pages in this topic, so here's my question:
Did anyone manage to find the holy grail (aka, a mapping for a 990 with akra's/wings that gets rid of the hesitation at around 4000 rpm but doesn't burn as much fuel as the factory akra map)? Please do tell!
__________________
2013 KTM 1190 Adventure R
1988 BMW k100RS sidecar hack
1989 wrecked BMW K100RS (currently being café racerised)
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #2080
Tom-Hamburg
Adventurer
 
Tom-Hamburg's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Hamburg
Oddometer: 82
Update March-15-2013, TuneECU v. 2.5.2 now Released

Update March-15-2013, TuneECU v. 2.5.2 now Released

Note:
* Fixes a bug that prevents the recovery feature for 690 KTM.

BR, Tom
__________________
TuneECU
-----------------
Triumph Speed Triple 1050
Triumph Rocket Roadster
Tom-Hamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #2081
Zuber
Zoob
 
Zuber's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Main Street, Shedd, Oregon
Oddometer: 1,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master View Post
Ok guys, I'm very new to this TuneECU thing. Just downloaded the program and it looks great, but I don't have the experience to start changing things in the mappings, and I don't want to read through all the pages in this topic, so here's my question:
Did anyone manage to find the holy grail (aka, a mapping for a 990 with akra's/wings that gets rid of the hesitation at around 4000 rpm but doesn't burn as much fuel as the factory akra map)? Please do tell!
The factory Akra map wasn't bad, IF you turned on the O2 sensors. The original Akra map had them turned off, that was one reason the fuel mileage was so bad.

You could try the PowerTripp map for dual exhaust, included with the KTM map directory. It works on 09-up Adventures. I've been using his map for single exhaust and found it to work great.

If you have an 07-08 Adventure, no one has come out with the holy grail map for that.
__________________
"Dad, can I get a motorcycle when I grow up?"
"Son, you can't do both"
Zuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:20 AM   #2082
Master
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Belgium
Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
The factory Akra map wasn't bad, IF you turned on the O2 sensors. The original Akra map had them turned off, that was one reason the fuel mileage was so bad.

You could try the PowerTripp map for dual exhaust, included with the KTM map directory. It works on 09-up Adventures. I've been using his map for single exhaust and found it to work great.

If you have an 07-08 Adventure, no one has come out with the holy grail map for that.
Thanks for the intel! I have an '09. I may try the Akrapovic map and activate the O² sensors. The powertripp map seems to be made for akrapovics with no baffles installed, so I suspect it will be somewhat too rich for my wings with medium baffles.
__________________
2013 KTM 1190 Adventure R
1988 BMW k100RS sidecar hack
1989 wrecked BMW K100RS (currently being café racerised)
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:55 AM   #2083
moto-treks
Back Home
 
moto-treks's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Spokane Washington
Oddometer: 1,762
You might want to try an 11 R map too if you haven't already. I switched my 10 990 to a 11 R map with good results but I'm running 2 into 1.
__________________
Moto Trek'n to New York via the Trans Labrador Hwy, South America

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #2084
Themastermike
Studly Adventurer
 
Themastermike's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: So Ill
Oddometer: 502
summary

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-treks View Post
You might want to try an 11 R map too if you haven't already. I switched my 10 990 to a 11 R map with good results but I'm running 2 into 1.
Is there a summary of what maps work with what years, and which maps might have been the same out of the 'box' if you will?
__________________
BBF 03-09-13 "It is cool. I was playing dakar racer It truly was a gr8 day of riding you bitch"
Themastermike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #2085
moto-treks
Back Home
 
moto-treks's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Spokane Washington
Oddometer: 1,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themastermike View Post
Is there a summary of what maps work with what years, and which maps might have been the same out of the 'box' if you will?
There are two categories of 990 maps; years 07-08 and then 09 and up. Last time I looked the maps say what year they are for, like 07 or 10. As for changes, I've always just downloaded a map for the correct category, in my case 09 and up, and compared it with what I'm currently running.
__________________
Moto Trek'n to New York via the Trans Labrador Hwy, South America

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014