Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #31
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,330
I love wimmen riders, one of the things that attracted me to Mrs1911fan was a pic of her, on her Guzzi, with a big grin. On a cold day, too.
Funny story- years ago, when I worked at the HD/Kaw dealer on Oahu, we had a lot of people come in to buy HD/Hawaii tshirts. Sometimes 20-30 of them, for their friends. One day, a good-looking Aussie came in and, me being me, I arranged to pick her up at her hotel and take her riding. We went here and there, finishing with a spirited ride up a curvy twisty mountain road to a lookout. I was having fun on the way up, and she was a great passenger. I got into a turn a little hot and hung off a bit (this was back in my roadracing days) and could feel her hanging off behind me. So I sped up, and since we were on my racebike but with the lights and plates on, it was a great ride.
So we got to the lookout, and we looked at the scenery, and started talking bikes. i told her it was nice to have a passenger that would hang off and enjoyed it, and she replied, "Well, I was last year's Australian amateur roadracing champion."
And here I was all proud of myself, lol. We talked about where the road went from the lookout, a couple of corners to watch out for, and I gave her the keys and watched her rocket off. She came back about half an hour later with a happy smile, and we had a great time for the rest of the evening. I have got to visit Australia one of these days.
Bike, for anyone who cares, was a KZ1000 bored out to 1205, Mikuni 34mm smoothbores, big cams, lightened and pinned crankshaft, beefed up front forks, CalFab/ATK swingarm, gussets on the frame in several places, Kerker, etc. Was my daily commuter, and on the weekends I'd take the lights and such off and road race it, or dragrace. Consistent 10.2s in the 1/4 mile with the fat tire and wheelie bar. Made GOBS of power but was a handful if you got off the wrong line.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #32
kbuckey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Am I mistaken or was Elena the top finishing Triumph rider?
kbuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #33
Mrs1911fan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911fan View Post
I have got to visit Australia one of these days.

1911fan

ME TOOOOOOO!!!...Now THAT would be an Adventure Ride...(and there are cute Aussies ) ~~Honeymoon Idea right there...hurry and buy a Lottery ticket~~

Mrs1911fan
Old 03-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #34
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 7,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuckey View Post
Am I mistaken or was Elena the top finishing Triumph rider?
Yup, DiSalvo DNF'd. Yamaha took the first 5 spots.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #35
davevv
One more old rider

Oddometer: 2,288
Yep, of four Triumphs entered, it appears that Elena's was the only one not to experience some type of mechanical problem.
davevv is offline   Reply With Quote