Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #781
antpatterson
XR650L_High_Runner

Oddometer: 378
eventually I'll make a smugmug so I can down size them.
XR80r
2008 XCRW450
antpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #782
Supahflid OP
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,652
I guess my bait wasn't stinky enough :grin
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #783
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer: 5,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
I guess my bait wasn't stinky enough :grin
Too busy laughing to respond maybe???
Old 03-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #784
Supahflid OP
Wheelieless

Old 04-29-2013, 05:58 AM   #785
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,138
Back up and better than ever

After getting ran into at Talladega by some ass hat that thought he was the next AMA star I have the beast back together and repaired. It only took many man hours, a lot of trips to the upstore and $2300 bucks but she is back.

This thing flipped no less that 4 times into the talladega grass but you wouldn't know by looking at it now. 13 years on the track and this was the 'big one' and it wasn't even an error on my part just an over zealous idiot trying to be something he is not. A bowling ball is a more accurate discription.

I sustained a fractured scaphoid bone in my left wrist which didn't require much except a brace for a couple of weeks. Riding gear works. Helmet was scratched but has to be replaced since scratches won't pass tech, leathers had a repair on my right arm and right glove lost a plastic knuckle but that was it. 3rd gear flat out on a 1000 is no laughing matter I tumbled and flipped for what seemed like miles.

Anywho she is back and ready for Barber June 8th but this time with a different trackday organization.

WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #786
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less

Oddometer: 5,440
Looking good Roy. I like the red tail-section. Maybe the next asshat who runs up on you will see it and associate it with a stop sign
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:23 AM   #787
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,335
gald you're ok Roy, I've seen guys like that, rideing over their head, but some how staying up just to crash someone else before it's all over. Did he crash to or ride off to cause more havoc.

And where is the before pics?

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #788
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
After getting ran into at Talladega by some ass hat that thought he was the next AMA star I have the beast back together and repaired. It only took many man hours, a lot of trips to the upstore and $2300 bucks but she is back.

This thing flipped no less that 4 times into the talladega grass but you wouldn't know by looking at it now. 13 years on the track and this was the 'big one' and it wasn't even an error on my part just an over zealous idiot trying to be something he is not. A bowling ball is a more accurate discription.

I sustained a fractured scaphoid bone in my left wrist which didn't require much except a brace for a couple of weeks. Riding gear works. Helmet was scratched but has to be replaced since scratches won't pass tech, leathers had a repair on my right arm and right glove lost a plastic knuckle but that was it. 3rd gear flat out on a 1000 is no laughing matter I tumbled and flipped for what seemed like miles.

Anywho she is back and ready for Barber June 8th but this time with a different trackday organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
gald you're ok Roy, I've seen guys like that, rideing over their head, but some how staying up just to crash someone else before it's all over. Did he crash to or ride off to cause more havoc.

And where is the before pics?

He clipped my right clipon as he tried to pass between me and 2' of pavement to the grass. I never knew what hit me. I was on the ground in a split second. Luckily the bike only was on pavement a few feet then the right footpeg hooked into the grass and sent it air borne a few times. It was pretty messed up completely broke the cheese soft rear suspension links from the swingarm, clipon broke and rear shock busted. Everything else was just stuff designed to break off.

The pic on crash trailer right after the incident and ass hat never came to my pit to ask if I was ok, apologize or anything. I loaded up with the help of KLRcaptain and John and drove the 5 hours home with a ice pak on my wrist.

I hate this pic but you asked for it.

In the toy hauler headed home

We were rolling hard the day before the incident and the bike felt great with a few minor tweaks needed along the way.

WERA Expert #826
Old 04-29-2013, 06:36 AM   #789
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,427
Glad you and the bike are healed back up with no worse damage, Roy!

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #790
Supahflid OP
Wheelieless

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsklr View Post
glad you and the bike are healed back up with no worse damage, roy!
+1.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #791
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs

Oddometer: 2,016
Ouch! Glad everything is healed and fixed up, Roy. Is the June track day open to spectators? I'd like to come over and watch a little track time and go to the museum.
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #792
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,335
ouch.. glad you came out with as little a injury as you did, but I have to say i like this color combo on your bike better. just a bad way to go about getting it.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #793
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
Ouch! Glad everything is healed and fixed up, Roy. Is the June track day open to spectators? I'd like to come over and watch a little track time and go to the museum.
Yes David it's open to spectators. Not sure but this organization may charge $5 at the gate but I'm not 100% sure on that I know they charge us that. In June watching from the ac in museum is not a bad idea. We will be parked on the 2nd level of the paddock so swing by and enjoy some heat and humidity on asphalt
WERA Expert #826
Old 04-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #794
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
ouch.. glad you came out with as little a injury as you did, but I have to say i like this color combo on your bike better. just a bad way to go about getting it.
This color combination came already painted. I bought this bodywork off San Francisco Craigslist from a AMA SBK rider. This was his spare set and he switched to BMW this year so no need for Suzuki parts. He cut me a hella deal on it including windscreen. I bought most all the oem stuff that was busted off eBay. I even had to buy a gas tank which was blue but John took care of that real quick by spraying it black.

These bikes are built tough and a GSXR is the easiest Sportbike to source used parts for. It runs and rides fine which is unreal considering what it went through. I got out of this fairly lucky as this thing could have very easily have landed on me during one of those flips. It came mighty close once according to my wife who witnessed the entire crash.
WERA Expert #826
Old 04-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #795
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
Mouthy Knightwork and I had talked about riding over there to do just that... Watch Roy and go to Museum... and that Messican place we went to last time..

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote