ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #11776
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,735
Damnit I wanted to go 4 wheelin this weekend that woulda been fun as hell. You can thank Caren for that bit of ruin.

I must admit I like doing maint. Its kinda addictive, had to borrow some guys 426 to work on since I am broke and it is his dime hahah.

Agreed 950 SuperEnduro is much more my speed offroad - but I commute daily on this thing. Its going to spend 90% or more of the time on pavement. Watching riceless power his 950 through rubicon showed me that the 950 adventrure belongs offroad too. And I miss taking the Mrs out on the bike, the CBR was great for that. We only tried the DR twice, it wasnt that enjoyable for either of us in comparison. Going all the way to the coast and back 2 up on the DR would be a disaster. On a ninefiddy... I may git lucky. :p
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #11777
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,505
Sounds like it's the best for you! When are you selling the 525? :p

We missed you Monti. We only had one shovel so you wouldn't have had to be put to work either. Here's another video:

lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #11778
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
Lane, I'm doing really well, thanks. I bought a house in Huntington Beach and have been settling in. Haven't ridden in a LLLOOONNNGG time.
I really don't have the same issues with the 525 that Monti has had with his 530, so maybe you're right about that bike. Comparing a KTM dirtbike to a DR isn't really fair, they are two very different sort of bikes. The DR has more in common with Adventure, big & heavy. Twist the throttle on that 530 and let the suspension work under you for a bit and you'll know why the DR is for sale and not the KTM.

As for the adventure vs the super enduro, well I didn't have a choice, the super wasn't born yet, I'd still get the Adventure S though. The super doesn't hold much gas, that's a priority for me, especially in Baja. My Adventure has been really good, surprisingly so offroad. It's intimidating, but if you let it work it does great. How's your BMW? Been riding much?
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #11779
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,505
HB! Fantastic! There's no doubt that the KTM is more capable and a much better performer but I know that he wants a little better of a blend of long distance dual sport in which, I believe the DR will be better for him during the time that he is saving up for the big bike!

Gas is the number 1 goal I have to agree there. Having only 2.5 gallons kind of sucks but I like the lighter weight offroad I guess. Like you said and I have to agree I'd rather buy a bike that was designed to hold a certain amount of fuel rather than adding on a larger tank later and having to adjust for weight and stuff.

No problems with the Beemer and am about to go on a ride through 195>hunter liggett>SF>overnight>through some carmel valley trails>pinoche>and back! I'm carrying extra fuel on the back.

Oh PS! If I were Monti, I'd get the newly released 990 ADV BAJA Special Edition as the new ADV's look too much like the new KLR's!!!!!!

lsellers screwed with this post 03-19-2013 at 11:35 AM
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #11780
Jonasjapan
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Dvr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
I'm headed to the dv galley as well
Cool, I am riding in Friday eve, staying at campsite 15. Stop by and say Wazzzup!
Jonasjapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #11781
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonasjapan View Post
Cool, I am riding in Friday eve, staying at campsite 15. Stop by and say Wazzzup!
Im in 63
Old 03-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #11782
FiveOJester
Monti's Nemesis

Oddometer: 206
JP count me in for Saturday. You can laugh at me on my XT! Monti helped me true and balance the front wheel so she should be good to go!

I've got some good good trails to connect from Shaver to Soaproot Saddle if you want to try.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #11783
Mk5mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Well I won't feel so slow if your on a xt. Until we get of road then I might be the slow one
Mk5mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #11784
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOJester View Post
JP count me in for Saturday. You can laugh at me on my XT! Monti helped me true and balance the front wheel so she should be good to go!

I've got some good good trails to connect from Shaver to Soaproot Saddle if you want to try.
Sounds great, I'm always up for new trails I found an old single track a year or 2 ago that seems to connect from the Rush creek crossing on soaproot to Petersen rd.....way overgrown though, I need to hike it & see if its worth clearing

JP
Old 03-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #11785
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Still waiting on word on my swingarm repair, have you picked a day yet?
Old 03-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #11786
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,538
Saturday ride

Let's meet at the Valero station on the SE corner of Ashlan & Fowler @ 9:30am (Saturday). Looks like gas shouldnt be an issue, 65 miles seems to be the longest stretch.

General route plan- http://goo.gl/maps/B9DaO

JP
Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #11787
McKay
Studly Adventurer

fingers crossed
Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #11788
FiveOJester
Monti's Nemesis

Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Let's meet at the Valero station on the SE corner of Ashlan & Fowler @ 9:30am (Saturday). Looks like gas shouldnt be an issue, 65 miles seems to be the longest stretch.

General route plan- http://goo.gl/maps/B9DaO

JP
Sounds good. The Xt gets 75 mpg so my 2 gal tank should suffice! I'll probably gas up in shaver just to be safe though.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #11789
Mk5mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
I am about 55-65 on the crf 250l so I should be good also
Mk5mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #11790
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Im about 42 on the Husky, I WONT be good! I have a plan though.