Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #16
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDawg View Post
heres a picture of Gary and Mitch (Sting 32)http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/La...tml?sort=3&o=0
I had a blast riding with them considering Im way out of shape.
LarryDawg
That is a good shot of the modified 125, Dad, and me I guess. That 125 has a high dome piston from some lot more late model multi-cylinder honda street bike, which fits rod and stroke just right. and we didn't have to do a lot of machining on the cylinder, more or less just bore it a little, from (my) memory of when gathering up the parts to do this, quite a while back I might add.

FWIW, there was talk early on in this project about a 175/or so kit, but I guess there was a lot of trick machining to be done on original cylinder/head all that, or find bigger bore cylinder/head and adopt it to this bike. As you can see, we'd opted to just do this simpler mod, for a "rider" bike. Very happy with how it runs, more than a 125... If you like 4 strokes.

Dad thinks he got the weight down, removing stuff that is not essential (some was done by previous owner, from MWTA. so giving credit). We changed the rake on the front. BTW, It still has a kickstand, but you can see much other non essentails are gone. It now weighs to something like 170 (he had it wrote down but we cant find it, so figure +- 5 pounds, simply because I didn't believe him when he said he thought was in the 160+ lbs range...) LOL trying to keep my credibility if I post that, you know...

I usually forget to smile, then regret the shot, this time I might have overdone the smile though... It was windy as hell, and he never said "cheese" lol... Sigh.
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #17
LarryDawg OP
trials nut

Oddometer: 74
that is a nice bike

And it only weighs 10# more then the montesa 4rt I've been wantin!
Dawg
Old 03-20-2013, 04:35 AM   #18
nevgriff64
Spelt with 2 ffs

Oddometer: 13,558
At least you didn't quote yourself.
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #19
LarryDawg OP
trials nut

Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
That is a good shot of the modified 125, Dad, and me I guess. That 125 has a high dome piston from some lot more late model multi-cylinder honda street bike, which fits rod and stroke just right. and we didn't have to do a lot of machining on the cylinder, more or less just bore it a little, from (my) memory of when gathering up the parts to do this, quite a while back I might add.

FWIW, there was talk early on in this project about a 175/or so kit, but I guess there was a lot of trick machining to be done on original cylinder/head all that, or find bigger bore cylinder/head and adopt it to this bike. As you can see, we'd opted to just do this simpler mod, for a "rider" bike. Very happy with how it runs, more than a 125... If you like 4 strokes.

Dad thinks he got the weight down, removing stuff that is not essential (some was done by previous owner, from MWTA. so giving credit). We changed the rake on the front. BTW, It still has a kickstand, but you can see much other non essentails are gone. It now weighs to something like 170 (he had it wrote down but we cant find it, so figure +- 5 pounds, simply because I didn't believe him when he said he thought was in the 160+ lbs range...) LOL trying to keep my credibility if I post that, you know...

I usually forget to smile, then regret the shot, this time I might have overdone the smile though... It was windy as hell, and he never said "cheese" lol... Sigh.
and what is wrong with a Possum eatin Shhheeeiiittte Grin after a good 3 hr ride on the river trails??
Old 03-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #20
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDawg View Post
and what is wrong with a Possum eatin Shhheeeiiittte Grin after a good 3 hr ride on the river trails??
Well, I was worn the 'ell out, after that 3 hour tour. lol. Wasn't it freaky, that dad doesnt even stop to rest the whole time? He's an in shape ANIMAL, I tell you.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #21
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

2 saturdays back, I had a visitor, and I finally remembered I had my phone and could take a couple pictures... (which I never take my phone with me riding, they're expensive when you lose these new ones you know).

Then today I figure, I should upload them. So click link only if you wanna see big original shots, I didnt feel like resizing then posting here the other way.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gdrczjsmivuplyt/x2nXQTCgbC

webuploader seems to have changed the order in which they were taken, lol... But I deleted the ones where I cut off people's heads (trying to show what the bike or rest of the body was doing, which is a bad habbit I learned and use, Hehehehe.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #22
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Instead of the 3 step process (resize, save to another folder then upload and hope they come out good enough)

here's just a link to a "dropbox" folder, with pictures I took 2 Saturdays ago when Larry (Dawg) came up for a visit.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gdrczjsmivuplyt/x2nXQTCgbC I also notice, web uploader reorganized sequence for me, crap.

That is my dad, Gary, on the modified yet "stock parts" Honda 125. now, don't
get confused because I loaned him my hoody... (if you zoom in on the patch on
the front, my Sister in law made "hoodies" for both of us...)

I had to remove the pictures from dropbox, that I always cut heads off, because
I usually am trying to track the wheels and obstacle... and forgot the head(s)...

It was cold, but it was fun.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #23
LarryDawg OP
trials nut

Thumb good pics

Im not sure who the fat guy with the grizzly beard is though!!
he sure has a nice old tank though
Your dad probably thinks we a couple of wimps!! LOL He sure can Ride!!
I was worn out when i got home, no one was here so I went and crashed 2 hr nap!! Good thing I recently had a physical,(doc said I was one of the most Healthy Fat guys he had ever met!!) otherwise I might a Croaked !! LOL
On another Note I aquired a 200 xr motor that needs a timing chain. do you think it would fit in a TL125 frame?? if so it would be a nice addition to my stable of offroaders and with some gearing might make a decent trialer.
Dawg