Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #841
FLUXCAPACITOR
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Crazy Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fig650 View Post
Holly crap; exactly how fast were you going brother! Perspective is the right word; I thought I was going pretty fast, but I compared to your video I was crawling! Kick ass man, really!
FLUXCAPACITOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #842
jack splash
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereisnoSpoon View Post
Hey Jack!

I don't really follow this thread, but I clicked on it and there I was. Just to clarify a couple of things, there was no sun glare or a rise, just an inept driver in a hurry. I saw that car for a while, as I got closer the blinker came on, blinked twice and she turned in front of me when I was about 15 or 20 ft away. Her accident report statement said she saw me and turned anyway.

As far as the chest protector vs pressure suit it's a toss up. I have a Alpinestars pressure suit and based on the road rash on the chest protector I was wearing I looks like it took alot of the hit in the shoulder area that my pressure suit would not have covered. It's all speculative, when you get in a head on with a car and do a superman over the car and land on the pavement bad things are going to happen. An elbow guard may have helped, the doctor said no, but that was not the cause of my extended stay in the hospital. My arm was the least of my injuries.

This is not to debate which offers better protection and clearly more is better. Look at what the top guys running enduros are wearing, I planned accordingly. In my naivety I didn't factor in the jersey drivers and I should have known better. I grew up riding in the sand and I like it which is why I went. I will not be returning to jersey EVER, but I may do this. It is sand and they close the roads, right?

For the record at the checkpoint right before I got taken out I was ahead by 5 min. Oh well, I got some new scars out of the deal.
Walt: Well you were there, you know better than me.

Nice to have met you, you'll do well at sand blast.
Good Luck.

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com
jack splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #843
Bruno T .
N8YQ

Oddometer: 1,799

You're stylin, Bobby.

Dakar pants, Adventure Rally jacket, white/black boots, Arai XD4, and the gold rims that look sweet with the Ohlins forks . . very nice.
Bruno T . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #844
FLUXCAPACITOR
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Good times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepre-neer View Post
Discovering an oil leak on shakedown and working til midnight at the hotel the night before to fix it. That's rally apparently.

Waving to the cops that patrol the hotel parking lots to keep our gear safe at night. (seriously they come by every 20 minutes...all night long...) That's part of rally.

Discovering the missing TDC bolt rolling around in the pool of oil inside your skid plate when you stop for gas on the ride to the start line. I guess that's part of rally too.

Sharing parts from your back pack to help another rider keep their bike going long enough to get to service so they can keep racing. Yep. That's rally.

Bringing a friend and for his first ever race on a bike....and sqeaking his trail bike through service with bicycle blinkers and a radioshack horn... Also rally.

Watching oil drip out of your skid plate at the gas station and fixing your bike on the spot; that's part of the rally too.
FLUXCAPACITOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #845
Locker43
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
Yeah...Mike is one of those people that put it into perspective. We all do this sport to have fun and push our personal limits. We all become better riders and feel like kings when we battle one another whether it is for 1st place or a battle for 15th place. Every once in a while we get a couple pro's new..or old who show up and really show us where the bar is set
Thanks Seth, funny how the kids do that to me as well! All in context but damn, ain't it fun!
Locker43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #846
Hypermofo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Welcome aboard Logan! And thanks for posting up the pics - I have a bunch of the rally but not too many of me :) I may put that one in my office to remind me why i work

RWV is marked on my calendar...

Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLUXCAPACITOR View Post
Hey Ara and Rodney this is Logan (AKA Fluxcapacitor) and I finally got on AdvRider. Thanks for the kind words boys and it was a great ride and great time riding with you guys as well as the other cool dudes and gals. I hope to see you both at the WV Rally as well as the SC Rally next year!!!!

Logan.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:13 AM   #847
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno T . View Post

You're stylin, Bobby.

Dakar pants, Adventure Rally jacket, white/black boots, Arai XD4, and the gold rims that look sweet with the Ohlins forks . . very nice.
Thank ya,..........I've been dabbling with going all white plastic on the Husky and Gold wheels there too I should just learn how to ride the thing as good as I want to ride it
Old 03-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #848
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,062
what is even crazier is the guy who finished 4th out of the cars and was running in Rally Solo. No navigation other than line of sight, the width and mass of a car etc.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #849
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
Thank ya,..........I've been dabbling with going all white plastic on the Husky and Gold wheels there too I should just learn how to ride the thing as good as I want to ride it
Shouldn't you go with ORANGE plastic on it Bobby?

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #850
combustion cycles
Action Jansen

Oddometer: 101
This is all i got

I got vid of everybody on SS7 but got most everyone on SS6. Hope it's interesting! I wound up with a sprained ankle, minor torn meniscus, and a pulled muscle in my back. Tons of fun, even in pain. Thanks Anders, Jason, volunteers, and everybody! Next year...
Future: get back to Baja!
combustion cycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:18 AM   #851
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by combustion cycles View Post

I got vid of everybody on SS7 but got most everyone on SS6. Hope it's interesting! I wound up with a sprained ankle, minor torn meniscus, and a pulled muscle in my back. Tons of fun, even in pain. Thanks Anders, Jason, volunteers, and everybody! Next year...

Nice video. I came away with a broken ankle in stage 6 and needed surgery to repair the bone with a plate and 7 screws....but that was six weeks ago, and just two days ago I got the all clear from my surgeon to go riding again so today I am gone riding.....going to burn 10 gallons of 2 stroke mix

toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #852
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,075
jesus Ara! holy mackeral! Glad youre riding again.. Whoa
Old 04-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #853
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,656
amazing that you're riding 6 wks after that. Whew!

dc
Country Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #854
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
jesus Ara! holy mackeral! Glad youre riding again.. Whoa
Yeah...I had a pretty good feeling it broke during stage 3 but I was able to ignore the pain untill the last service stop and had to stop about 3 miles into stage 6 because the pain would just not diminish like it was before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Doc View Post
amazing that you're riding 6 wks after that. Whew!

dc
Yeah, my recovery was pretty fast. I am a fitness fanatic, so two weeks after the surgery my surgeon removed the cast and placed my foot in a removable boot so I can start doing range of motion exercises...and within 4 weeks I had full range of motion and almost 80% strength back. I was doing tons of daily leg extensions on the boken foot to prevent atrophy as much as possible, and was doing 10 miles of rowing per day on my concept2 rowing machine with my bum leg strapped to a skateboard, and 3 miles per day on an elyptical machine with very light weight bearing for blood circulation around the broken bone. So when the Doc gave me the clearance on Thursday all I had to do was get used to wearing a sneaker again and walk...the only thing I am hurting from right now is my in-sole from walking with sneaker again. And hopefully by next week I can ride my mountain bike again...I don't feel comfortable wearing just sneakers and not having the support of an mx boot yet.
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #855
M.A.G.
I heart Penalties

Oddometer: 1,010
Ara, glad to hear you are doing well after that injury!
M.A.G. is offline   Reply With Quote