Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #46
'05Train
Mind is not for rent

Oddometer: 911
Had a Corbin on my Ultra Limited and loved it. Rode 20 hours straight with no butt burn.

Had a Sargent on my RT. Better than the stock seat, but nothing special.

Have a Touratech/Kahedo "High" seat on the Adventure. Other than a custom seat, it was the only thing I could find that wouldn't lower me. It's not a huge touring seat like the Russell (which I think looks ridiculous on an Adventure, sorry guys), but it's very comfortable. I've Iron Butted twice on it, and I'll do it again when I go out west this summer.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #47
beechhunter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
+1 on the RDL

Tried the Corbin for about 10k miles, no dice. Forked over the cash for a Russell and haven't looked back. As far as price, I think the Corbin and Russell are very close. Go with the Russell.
beechhunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #48
hyena
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 670
To the OP

If somebody mentioned this, I missed it. Buy your Sargent seat from the factory and you get a 30 day money back guarantee. How can you go wrong?

I borrowed a Sargent, and it just didn't work for me. Wish it would have. I spent the big bucks for F & R RDL's, and love them. My only regret is not buying them sooner. Girlfriend agrees. But they're not for everybody.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #49
navsnipe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINE View Post
What kind of deals are we suppose to get during bike week anyways from Sargent?
I ordered on Saturday 3/16 and my second confirmation email on Monday had regular price and a free hat/cap. I have no idea what deals others were getting, it was a little disappointing but they emailed today with shipment info that the seat is on it's way.
navsnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #50
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by navsnipe View Post
I ordered on Saturday 3/16 and my second confirmation email on Monday had regular price and a free hat/cap. I have no idea what deals others were getting, it was a little disappointing but they emailed today with shipment info that the seat is on it's way.
They do 20% off during bike week.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #51
navsnipe
Adventurer

It looks like I missed the deal by a day (3/11 to 3/15). If this seat is as good the Sargent I had on my Ducati ST2 I'll be very happy and the missed savings will be forgotten.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:06 AM   #52
WOLVERINE
Keep her pinned!

Oddometer: 615
Quote:
I got the same email with the free hat. I could have sworn on the website they said all orders up til 03/17 would receive the bike week deals. I put mine in then as well but no luck. My seat hasn't shipped yet though so I don't have the second email confirmation...

2008 R1200GSA
WOLVERINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:05 AM   #53
freyke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
I've only had one aftermarket seat on my 2011 GS - a Sargent low with a Alaska Leather sheepskin on top. This is an awsome combination and works well for me :)
freyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #54
pauljr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
I've got a Sargent and don't rally care for it. Has anyone tried the Seat Concepts foam for a 12GS?
Old 03-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #55
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,544
Quote:
I got the same email with the free hat. I could have sworn on the website they said all orders up til 03/17 would receive the bike week deals. I put mine in then as well but no luck. My seat hasn't shipped yet though so I don't have the second email confirmation...
I'd give them a call. I know when I ordered mine last year during bike week, I called in and they told me the order would go in as full price, but would be adjusted before they charged my CC.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #56
navsnipe
Adventurer

I called Sargent earlier today and they told me that the bike week special was from 3/11 to 3/15. I could have sworn I saw something on their website as well about 3/11 to 3/17 for web orders during bike week. They said they would check into it and get back to me.

The discount they said they were offering for bike week was in the range of 10-12%.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #57
navsnipe
Adventurer

Wolverine, You weren't crazy. If you goto their website and put something in the shopping cart and view it at the bottom of the page it says...

BIKE WEEK OPEN HOUSE - Mar 9-17 - All web orders placed on these dates will receive special event pricing!

Look for your second confirmation email with discounts applied. Remember to check order details for accuracy.

I just spoke with Bob at Sargent and they applied the discount. He said there was a typo on their site on what the dates were supposed to be.

navsnipe screwed with this post 03-20-2013 at 12:41 PM Reason: detail
Old 03-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #58
WOLVERINE
Keep her pinned!

Oddometer: 615
Quote:
Wolverine, You weren't crazy. If you goto their website and put something in the shopping cart and view it at the bottom of the page it says...

BIKE WEEK OPEN HOUSE - Mar 9-17 - All web orders placed on these dates will receive special event pricing!

Look for your second confirmation email with discounts applied. Remember to check order details for accuracy.

I just spoke with Bob at Sargent and they applied the discount. He said there was a typo on their site on what the dates were supposed to be.
I knew I saw it somewhere...
So, did he mean the it should have been the 17th or the 15th?
I don't imagine he said he would honor other orders for the 16th and 17th, did he, or did it not come up?
Would be nice to get something...

2008 R1200GSA
WOLVERINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #59
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljr View Post
I've got a Sargent and don't rally care for it. Has anyone tried the Seat Concepts foam for a 12GS?
I have. Great seat for comfort, but too tall for me. I sold mine.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #60
navsnipe
Adventurer

Quote:
I knew I saw it somewhere...
So, did he mean the it should have been the 17th or the 15th?
I don't imagine he said he would honor other orders for the 16th and 17th, did he, or did it not come up?
Would be nice to get something...
Sounds like they are honoring orders up to and including the 17th. Give them a call, that's what I did. Since my order was already shipped they credited my credit card. As others have already said here they have great customer service.