Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #24901
esp41
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
Bump

OR does anybody know what model motion pro puller will fit?
I have the Husky one, which you could borrow, but WA is a long way from MD?

Mike
1993 Harley Heritage Classic
Tomos ST
esp41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #24902
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Wicked Retro fitted Fender

I've mentioned a while ago that i was going to install a '13 tc511 front fender on my '08 te610. I believe 1lunger? asked to post up the results.

Well the headlight and windshield are unfinished as i will have to move them around a little.. They look pretty hideous right now.

Fender came in 2 pieces and each one was right around $14 totaling ~$30 total from local BMW dealer.

FENDER IS A DIRECT FIT

I have the 7602 rad guards/braces so as regular, I had to use washers on 2 mounting bolts (out of 4 total) under the fender. I just put washers under the ones closer to the rads so the nose of the fender is just a tad higher than usual, but lower part of fender does not rub the rad guards at all.

I think this will cause my tire to rub even more when really pushing the stock suspension. I rubbed the inner fender with my front tire a couple of times while it was all stock and since now it is a bit lower i think it might become even bigger issue.

uska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #24903
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
Bump

OR does anybody know what model motion pro puller will fit?
I still have mine here. Will have been used on your bike more than mine :-)
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #24904
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by uska View Post
I've mentioned a while ago that i was going to install a '13 tc511 front fender on my '08 te610. I believe 1lunger? asked to post up the results.

Well the headlight and windshield are unfinished as i will have to move them around a little.. They look pretty hideous right now.

Fender came in 2 pieces and each one was right around $14 totaling ~$30 total from local BMW dealer.

FENDER IS A DIRECT FIT

I have the 7602 rad guards/braces so as regular, I had to use washers on 2 mounting bolts (out of 4 total) under the fender. I just put washers under the ones closer to the rads so the nose of the fender is just a tad higher than usual, but lower part of fender does not rub the rad guards at all.

I think this will cause my tire to rub even more when really pushing the stock suspension. I rubbed the inner fender with my front tire a couple of times while it was all stock and since now it is a bit lower i think it might become even bigger issue.

Looks good and great idea with the washers! I wish I did that instead of bending the guards.
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #24905
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
I might have to grind the guards a llittle and take the washers out because of tire constantly bottoming out..
uska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #24906
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by 686 Sahara View Post
Thanx for the input but I wont have to worry to much because there are rules that come with the bike like not riding it unless I his father or his older brother are along for the ride until the day he proves to me he's mature enough to be on the street by himself. As for riding ability, he's been riding my 450xc for almost 4 years and clocked at almost 90 down a sand wash.
Sahara,
I'm just a lurker here as I sold my 09 TE610 for a lighter Dual Sport last month. However, Xymotic has a point. Don't tell your wife you bought the TE and you may make it through the next couple of years. Gotta ask, what part of "clocked at almost 90 though a sand wash" strikes you as responsible? Sounds like he's exactly what Xymotic is fearing. Just like I was before I lost my third license for points (28 years ago). Y'all have Fun
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:17 AM   #24907
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
Sahara,
I'm just a lurker here as I sold my 09 TE610 for a lighter Dual Sport last month. However, Xymotic has a point. Don't tell your wife you bought the TE and you may make it through the next couple of years. Gotta ask, what part of "clocked at almost 90 though a sand wash" strikes you as responsible? Sounds like he's exactly what Xymotic is fearing. Just like I was before I lost my third license for points (28 years ago). Y'all have Fun
Sounds to me like the kid has been riding for awhile and should have no problem handling the 610. FWIW, the 610 is asleep compared to my YZ250 two-stroke, and I wouldn't expect anyone to say a kid that age who's been riding a few years isn't ready for one of those.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:03 AM   #24908
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
Sounds to me like the kid has been riding for awhile and should have no problem handling the 610. FWIW, the 610 is asleep compared to my YZ250 two-stroke, and I wouldn't expect anyone to say a kid that age who's been riding a few years isn't ready for one of those.
I'm with this guy. Don't listen to the fun-sponges and doomsayers...get him on that bike
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #24909
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
Sahara,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
LOl, yeah this is me in a nutshell too, I lost my first license for points in 4 months. I don't even know how many times it's been suspended for a few months at a time. And the thing is, honestly the cops didn't catch me for 1/50th of what I actually did.

Please remember that the 610 in question is also a supermoto. My personal relationship with danger (and Law Enforcement) really centers around speed. Having a super powerful bike that winds out at 60 seems a lot less of an issue to me personally

I broke a Yamaha Riva in half too. You can still have lots and lots of fun without the speed.

I also agree with others in general to ignore the naysayers (like me) as long as you do it fully aware. I hate it when people want to limit choice because of lowest common denominator thinking. But at the same time I really don't think a young boy has any business riding a liter bike on the street either. I put the 610SM in much the same category.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker

xymotic screwed with this post 03-20-2013 at 12:07 PM
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #24910
686 Sahara
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Thanks everybody for all your concerns and input, as far as him losing his license for being stupid he will only riding with me or his older brother. As far as being responsible (90 in awash) if he wasn't capable of handling it he wouldn't be doing it with me. I lost my oldest Son a few years ago in a auto accident, so I don't think I would be jeopardizing my Son's life doing something he wasn't capable of handling. But I do really appreciate all the concerns but we all know this sport is inherently dangerously. My original question was more towards the bike, when he graduates we are planning a Father and Son trip for 2 weeks through Death Valley,Eastern Sierra's,Yosemite and return home down along the coast and back home to the Coachella Valley, so my question is this bike capable of handling such a trip without having to perform any maintenance, such as oil changes along the way. Thanks again P.S. A shout out and thanx to the guy who said don't listen to the naysayers. My Son and I are going to have a trip of a life together.
686 Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:49 AM   #24911
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by 686 Sahara View Post
Thanks everybody for all your concerns and input, as far as him losing his license for being stupid he will only riding with me or his older brother. As far as being responsible (90 in awash) if he wasn't capable of handling it he wouldn't be doing it with me. I lost my oldest Son a few years ago in a auto accident, so I don't think I would be jeopardizing my Son's life doing something he wasn't capable of handling. But I do really appreciate all the concerns but we all know this sport is inherently dangerously. My original question was more towards the bike, when he graduates we are planning a Father and Son trip for 2 weeks through Death Valley,Eastern Sierra's,Yosemite and return home down along the coast and back home to the Coachella Valley, so my question is this bike capable of handling such a trip without having to perform any maintenance, such as oil changes along the way. Thanks again P.S. A shout out and thanx to the guy who said don't listen to the naysayers. My Son and I are going to have a trip of a life together.
Yes, the bike can absolutely do that trip. I took mine from LA to Cabo (on dirt), and then drove it all over Oregon with not much more than an oil change. (and hnesly not sure I did that.)
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:04 AM   #24912
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Sahara,
I'm very sorry too have sounded like such a tool! The intent was only to be humorous, and upon rereading it, regret the whole thing. IKNOW y'all Will have a great time, and actually, I'm very envious. Please keep us posted on the trip. Now I'll tuck my tail and return to lurker status.
Clint

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #24913
jrusto
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Suggestions

I just bought a 2008 610 from my brother. Took it on a 80 mile shake down before I bought it and all seemed fine. A week later took it out for a 15 minute run and again all seemed fine until I pulled back into the carport when the bike would not idle and killed. Started it again but it would not idle. Started it again and it back fired and would not start. Kind of went over some things but with out even an owners manual I did not know where to look. Talked with my brother and found that it would not start with him after running fine on a trip to Colorado. He changed the fuel pump and it started back up. He told me that the battery might be old so I put a new battery in.

After installing the new battery, I tried to start it again and after a turning over a bit it back fired and then started but again would not idle. It started a couple more times and now will not start. I am new to four strokes especially with EFI systems.

I am not a total novice in motorcycle repair having worked my way through college at the now defunct Husky Dealership in the early 60 as well as wrenching on my sons Motocross efforts for a few years.

Any ideas on where to start would be greatly appreciated
jrusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #24914
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,176
I had the same thing going on with mine and it was bad gas / water in gas. Be careful when you wash it.
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #24915
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrusto View Post
I just bought a 2008 610 from my brother. Took it on a 80 mile shake down before I bought it and all seemed fine. A week later took it out for a 15 minute run and again all seemed fine until I pulled back into the carport when the bike would not idle and killed. Started it again but it would not idle. Started it again and it back fired and would not start. Kind of went over some things but with out even an owners manual I did not know where to look. Talked with my brother and found that it would not start with him after running fine on a trip to Colorado. He changed the fuel pump and it started back up. He told me that the battery might be old so I put a new battery in.

After installing the new battery, I tried to start it again and after a turning over a bit it back fired and then started but again would not idle. It started a couple more times and now will not start. I am new to four strokes especially with EFI systems.

I am not a total novice in motorcycle repair having worked my way through college at the now defunct Husky Dealership in the early 60 as well as wrenching on my sons Motocross efforts for a few years.

Any ideas on where to start would be greatly appreciated
Water in gas is a possibility.
Then pull plug, check for spark.
Check kill switch.
Check clutch or side stand safites ( if it has them )
Check fuel pump displacement ( is it pumping gas )
squirt gas in the intake while cranking to see if it will fire.
The usuall stuff. I doubt the service manual would be much help and probably does not have a trouble shooting section. If it did it would be a some wierd translation of Itialian.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote