Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #76
SeeRace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Are the natural looking ones anodized? Also is there any venting like BMW is putting on their cases now? Good looking cased for sure.
SeeRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #77
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeRace View Post
Are the natural looking ones anodized? Also is there any venting like BMW is putting on their cases now? Good looking cased for sure.
Yes, clear anodized but no vent that I can see.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #78
shashankmittal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
Yes, clear anodized but no vent that I can see.
Where did you find "clear anodized" mentioned? Globescout website only says "natural" and that's the reason why the black ones which are anodized are priced higher than natural ones. :
Old 03-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #79
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankmittal View Post
Where did you find "clear anodized" mentioned? Globescout website only says "natural" and that's the reason why the black ones which are anodized are priced higher than natural ones. :
Hmm, I just checked Globescout's website and didn't see anything about clear anodizing. I thought they were clear anodized unless I'm confusing them with Holan panniers. Perhaps Rob can chime in. Mine definitely have some type of coating or protection that touratech Zega natural and BMW Adventure panniers don't have. I don't get any black rub marks liters inside them like the BMW ones did and I don't get boot scuffs on the top of mine, either
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #80
13x
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
any advice on when will the pannier frames be available for pre-order for the KTM 690 Enduro?
13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #81
ttime4four
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
In the mean time, here are a few pictures sent to us by our Tiger 800 tester. Thanks Mike!

Great looking stuff -- before I get too excited, can you help me with a few questions?

(1) what is the finished width of this set-up?
(2) is the overall set-up symmetrical? if different (e.g. how far off - 2" wider on left)?
(3) same as the two above if the kit was using 2 - 35L bags
(4) what is the system weight (your rack and two panniers)?

Thanks!
ttime4four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #82
HighTechCoonass
Living the Dream....

Oddometer: 2,453
Laugh

How about a recap....

Price? - Just cans matching set example 35 liter? say-
Cans outfitted to attach to a Touratech standard rack "loop style"
Where do we buy them?
When can we get them?
Old 03-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #83
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
Hmm, I just checked Globescout's website and didn't see anything about clear anodizing. I thought they were clear anodized unless I'm confusing them with Holan panniers. Perhaps Rob can chime in. Mine definitely have some type of coating or protection that touratech Zega natural and BMW Adventure panniers don't have. I don't get any black rub marks liters inside them like the BMW ones did and I don't get boot scuffs on the top of mine, either
The Globescouts are constructed out of a aluminum magnesium alloy. The type the panniers are made of is also used extensively for hull structures of light weight ships. I'm not certain if the Holans were made of bare aluminum, or 6011 aluminum, but the Globescouts are certainly different. Here is a picture of the two side by side. The finish of the Globescouts is different, but I don't believe it's anodized:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13x View Post
any advice on when will the pannier frames be available for pre-order for the KTM 690 Enduro?
Excellent question. I'll have to make a call and report back. I don't believe they will be immediately available though. More shortly on this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttime4four View Post
Great looking stuff -- before I get too excited, can you help me with a few questions?

(1) what is the finished width of this set-up?
(2) is the overall set-up symmetrical? if different (e.g. how far off - 2" wider on left)?
(3) same as the two above if the kit was using 2 - 35L bags
(4) what is the system weight (your rack and two panniers)?

Thanks!
The kit that we strongly recommend for the Tiger 800 is a 35 / 45 kit. This is because the rack that we use is close in on the side without the exhaust. With this kit installed, it's around 42", per our tester report. I'd be happy to send it to you, just PM me. (it's quite extensive)

I don't have an exact weight, but I would estimate that it's around 40 lbs, total. Just over 12 lbs per pannier and 15 lbs for the rack. It's within 5 lbs for every high volume set out there (TT, Trax, HB, Holan) with the only outlier being a plastic setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechCoonass View Post
How about a recap....

Price? - Just cans matching set example 35 liter? say-
Cans outfitted to attach to a Touratech standard rack "loop style"
Where do we buy them?
When can we get them?
No problem. Two natural finish panniers are $300 each. Mounts (2) and the locks (4) are $158:

http://advdepot.com/globescout-world...al-finish.html
http://advdepot.com/mounts-for-globe...-panniers.html
http://advdepot.com/lock-for-world-class-panniers.html

We're going to open up ordering when the panniers ship. We're expecting them to ship between now and this time next week. The reason we're waiting is because we don't want to have anyone's money before we're 100% sure that we can fill the order.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #84
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

BTW - I've received a TON of PMs about this:

You are NOT too late to get the $100 off coupon! We'll be sending the codes out with the email to announce that the Globescout panniers are available to order. The coupon will good on one of the pre-configured kits.

The other promotion that we'll be doing is for kits that we don't have pictures of on the site. If you give us a hand by sending over 5 great pictures of the kit installed, we'll send you a set of lid nets as a thank you gift. (contact us ahead of time to get on the list)
Old 03-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #85
shashankmittal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:

You are NOT too late to get the $100 off coupon! We'll be sending the codes out with the email to announce that the Globescout panniers are available to order. The coupon will good on one of the pre-configured kits.

The other promotion that we'll be doing is for kits that we don't have pictures of on the site. If you give us a hand by sending over 5 great pictures of the kit installed, we'll send you a set of lid nets as a thank you gift. (contact us ahead of time to get on the list)
Rob, my bike has finally arrived from Germany. Picking up from the dealer in 2 days. As promised earlier, I'll send lots of pics!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #86
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankmittal View Post
Rob, my bike has finally arrived from Germany. Picking up from the dealer in 2 days. As promised earlier, I'll send lots of pics!

Congrats, guy! I look forward to pictures!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:15 AM   #87
Happycamper
Have bikes, will travel

Oddometer: 556
Question

Quote:

Will one of the "Kits" be for the panniers only (w/o rack) for those of us who already have racks? For example a kit of two panniers, with the locks, mounts, lid nets?

2007 G650 Xchallenge
2009 F800GS
Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #88
RomaDakota
Illuminatus!

Oddometer: 1,357
Will the top case mounting hardware be available for separate purchase (latching mechanism and stand off posts)?
Old 03-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #89
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycamper View Post
Will one of the "Kits" be for the panniers only (w/o rack) for those of us who already have racks? For example a kit of two panniers, with the locks, mounts, lid nets?
Unfortunately, no. You'll need to individually purchase the locks, mounts, and lid nets. I can create a bundle for these items, but it won't be eligible for the $100 off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaDakota View Post
Will the top case mounting hardware be available for separate purchase (latching mechanism and stand off posts)?
The top case mount is available for purchase individually so you can move one top case between bikes without issues. They are online already:

http://advdepot.com/globescout.html?cat=1226

There is a plate that is pre-installed on the bottom of every top case - it's what actually allows the top case to attach to the posts o the mount. That is not available separately. Here is a picture of that:

Old 03-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #90
joon1911
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Absolutely concur. The goal is to keep the bags to around the width of the handlebars. Plus, with a detachable rack, you can remove the entire frame if need.

Two additional pictures:

First - R1200GS with the OEM pannier frames, front and rear. It's narrower than the bars:

[

Rob or Hikertrash:

Do you know what the overall width of the GSA cutout pannier kit mounted on the GSA mount is?
joon1911 is offline   Reply With Quote