Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #11
Bungholio
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty in all View Post
The progressive from what I understand should be your only choice for the PDS system because it contains no linkage that in essence does the progression on linked bikes.
Quote:
I ditched the stock rear spring for a Progressive Race Tech. Now that I have the progressive, the Sag can be set correctly for my fat but. Plus, when i load up the bike with gear for camping, I have confidence the progressive spring can handle the weight.... Very happy with this setup.

Quote:
Forget revalving for now ....

Have you guys re-sprung your bikes for your weight?
You need to be using the correct spring rates -- BEFORE -- you do anything else.

Best of luck! E-Ticket
I agree with E-Ticket.
I am about 185 naked and 6 foot. I don't have the 500, but do have the 530 and I had the bike re-sprung for my weight to Race Tech specs and it made a big improvement in control and ride quality. Straight rate springs in front, no changes to the valving-I told the tech that I felt the valving was fine-new seals and oil along with a good cleaning since it was the first time since new that they have been taken apart. He also installed a progressive spring for the shock and the bladder kit in the reservoir and telescopic needle. No valving changes there either. Pretty happy with the results
Bungholio is offline   Reply With Quote