Where's the Villopoto hate?

andrewgore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:16 AM   #2118
shocker4her
When I am King

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
It was the same shit from 60's all the way through Ponca and Loretta's on big bikes, piece of shit family breaking contracts and shitting in the pool.
Fuck tony with a 4x4 fencepost full of rusty nails.
Anyone with any shame would have taken his kids to roadracing and stayed there, motocross and offroad is a family sport where people with integrity and love of the sport raise their kids.
I hope he stays healthy, I don't wish injury on anyone.
It's better if he doesn't have an excuse for failure.

+1, but I think Mike tried to change his ways last year in the outdoors with the way he was acting or maybe he got stuck at the airport with some Hare Krishna and started to believe in their ways. Either way the kid needs to cut the strings from his dad.

CRF450X(plated)
YZ 250
Don't blame me I didn't vote for the lawyer
shocker4her is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #2119
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore View Post
Where's the Villopoto hate?

RV has been getting preferential treatment forever. He launches his bike into J-Laws face and comes out of it with a lesser penalty?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #2120
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

ssshhhh, don't tell flug

Unless he only cares about people ruining his precious 450 premier supercross class.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #2121
Davidjohnson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Tangent mode on:

One of the best mx races I have ever seen included the Alessi bros at my local track. This was in November, 2004.

Out of Motocross Action Magazine:

"...At Cycle Ranch there were 38 Pros on the line for the 125/250 Pro Shootout to do battle for a piece of the $24,800 pie. The likes of Tommy Hahn, Ty Conner, Kyle Phoenix, Johnny Marley, J.J. Pecsok, James B Marshall, Brandon Beabout and many many more were lined up against Mike and Jeff Alessi. With Tommy Hahn having never been beaten at Cycle Ranch, everyone was waiting for the bar banging battle to ensue. What they got was a lesson in how to demolish your competition (also a good lesson to watch). In true RC or Bubba style, Mike went out there and killed the pack every time his gate dropped. During the week he participated in some local class racing and was laying down what was nothing short of incredible lap times at 2:06 on the very fast 2 1/2 mile track.

Come Sunday, the gates were filled and so were the stands. There was excitement in the air that hasn't been there since Robbie Reynard and Travis Pastrana battled at Cycle Ranch in the spring of '03. During Sunday morning practice Johnny Marley and Ty Conner started working on a move that I have never seen anyone even attempt in my 3 1/2 years of riding at Cycle Ranch. They were doubling into the inside on a 60-foot step-up into a 180 degree right hand corner and making the inside line. Then, in the back of the track, Mike Alessi and Ty Conner had the craziest idea of how to negotiate the 80 plus yards of whoops that lead into a 40-50ft quad. They were hitting the last whoop and sailing over the quad from there (4th gear pinned). ..."

Incredible riding.

Tangent mode: off
Old 03-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #2122
TwilightZone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,645
>"RV has been getting preferential treatment forever. He launches his bike into J-Laws face and comes out of it with a lesser penalty? "

Dunno. I wasn't there, but apparently RV had compained to AMA about J-Laws behavior... apparently the AMA said to J-Law don't interfere on the track, but then J-Law did it again and it was more than likely witnessed by flagmen and the other AMA staff. Unwise move.

I imagine the extra penalties on him were for the 'track' stuff. $3,500 for the fight (each), and $7K for the on-track behavior.

All in all, it seems like MX pro's are pretty well behaved.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #2123
natedog39
New Sheriff in town

Oddometer: 6,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigPig View Post
RV has been getting preferential treatment forever. He launches his bike into J-Laws face and comes out of it with a lesser penalty?
Lawrence deserved a few loosened teeth for that bullshit, he had been told to quit fuckin with him before that happened.

Wild stuff though.

2014 FE 501
2012 990Adv
natedog39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #2124
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Messing with someone's head and launching your bike at them aren't even comparable.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #2125
natedog39
New Sheriff in town

Oddometer: 6,131
Quote:
Messing with someone's head and launching your bike at them aren't even comparable.
He was doing more than messing with his head , but your right ,he should have decked him rather than scratch that sweet plastic on his bike.

2014 FE 501
2012 990Adv
natedog39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #2126
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,312
Quote:
ssshhhh, don't tell flug

Unless he only cares about people ruining his precious 450 premier supercross class.
it's not my precious premier series it is the promoters series and forcing vested riders to compete with non vested riders from your own sub series defeats the point of a premier series supported by a sub series. it's not real complicated but as you're slow on the uptake I've spelled it out for you. no thanks needed I enjoy helping the noobs learn about racing MX and SX.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #2127
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
it's not my precious premier series it is the promoters series and forcing vested riders to compete with non vested riders from your own sub series defeats the point of a premier series supported by a sub series. it's not real complicated but as you're slow on the uptake I've spelled it out for you. no thanks needed I enjoy helping the noobs learn about racing MX and SX.
Well since they've been doing it this way since before there was SX. I don't think they are too worried about it. As such, maybe you shouldn't be worried about it either.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #2128
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,746
Quote:
They haven't worn vests since the 70's.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #2129
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,312
Quote:
Well since they've been doing it this way since before there was SX. I don't think they are too worried about it. As such, maybe you shouldn't be worried about it either.
as such maybe I'm not. here's a hint. if you're going to hit from the white tee's on the par 5's you look pretty foolish with a 4 wood. man up.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #2130
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,232
Quote:
as such maybe I'm not. here's a hint. if you're going to hit from the white tee's on the par 5's you look pretty foolish with a 4 wood. man up.
Did you find any decent courses in Dallas?
I have to go there next month and may drag my clubs, double up meetings one day and try to get 36 or 54 holes in on a free day.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote