ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #61
leenpockets
Best Girlfriend Ever

Oddometer: 23
I've been eyeballing this tread for a while now...

I'm trying to think of how it would logistically work for me to get the bike up there, but first things first: Do you still have room for one more? This seems like just the thing for me! Lots of awesome ladies and a low skill level trip. I'm still working on keeping the thing UP!!! I sure hope there's room cause I think it would be so much fun to meet other lady riders!
leenpockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #62
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by leenpockets View Post
I'm trying to think of how it would logistically work for me to get the bike up there, but first things first: Do you still have room for one more? This seems like just the thing for me! Lots of awesome ladies and a low skill level trip. I'm still working on keeping the thing UP!!! I sure hope there's room cause I think it would be so much fun to meet other lady riders!
You are on the IN list. Just an FYI, the ride as a whole will be new rider friendly, but expect some difficult riding as well. I have to make it interesting for all skill levels. I only have about 12 months of riding experience under my belt, so we won't be climbing any mountains, but I will be finding us some "fun." Just come mentally prepared for anything and it will all seem easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
Change me to a DEFINITELY!!! I got my first bike so now I can keep up with you guys!!!
So what did you get? You are on the IN list as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePosum View Post
Winter is fun when its snowing but I am so ready for riding and camping in warm weather. I wanna ride and party! Summer is just a few more months away!
I'm right there with you, sister! Ready for warm, sunny days.
Mustangshelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #63
leenpockets
Best Girlfriend Ever

Oddometer: 23
Yay!

Sweet. Super excited for this and glad to be IN. ;-) Now to work out the details. <3 Is anyone else be traveling from Central Oregon?
leenpockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #64
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,686
Hey Shelly,

You can take me off the fence and add me to the IN list. Rainbow007 will be coming with me too. Let me where camp will be Fri. night and we will meet you there.
"Be real careful which and who's dream you get caught up in!!!" ~ Jettn Jim
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #65
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Hey Shelly,

You can take me off the fence and add me to the IN list. Rainbow007 will be coming with me too. Let me where camp will be Fri. night and we will meet you there.
Sherry, I am honestly so happy to hear this. You were so instrumental in getting me out on my first ride that I want to return the favor. I will pm with location later.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #66
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenpockets View Post
Sweet. Super excited for this and glad to be IN. ;-) Now to work out the details. <3 Is anyone else be traveling from Central Oregon?
There are several gals that would likely be more than happy to ride up with you. Try PMing littebull, littleposum, scarlet and lo-n-slow.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #67
Mrs1911fan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangshelly View Post
Sherry, I am honestly so happy to hear this. You were so instrumental in getting me out on my first ride that I want to return the favor. I will pm with location later.
That makes TWO of us...Sherry is THE reason I am now on a Dualsport!! I am really looking forward to getting to ride with all of you ladies...I have falling down to a perfection...more than willing to share my techniques
Old 03-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #68
BSkye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 714
Quote:

.............I heard that story........will you carry a GPS?
It is very hard to get HER lost, you know :)

BSkye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #69
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSkye View Post
.............I heard that story........will you carry a GPS?
It is very hard to get HER lost, you know :)
Nope, no GPS. We will get lost the old fashioned way...with a map.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #70
BSkye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 714
Quote:
Nope, no GPS. We will get lost the old fashioned way...with a map.
Delicious!

BSkye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #71
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSkye View Post
Delicious!
And.....Delightfully Dangerous!!!
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #72
MoxieGirl
Wannabe Adventuring

Oddometer: 79
I have been enjoying following the posts here and looking forward to riding with you all. This is going to be a fun adventure and I think it is an awesome plan, won't be surprised if it turns into an annual event.

I will be coming from the seattle area and anyone coming from this area is welcome to ride with me (adventure girl).

I am an dirt instructor for Puget Sound Safety and will be working all the adventure camps. The all woman's camp will be a blast and you will learn much. We are now doing an out ride on the last day so you can apply all you learned out on trail.

I am so looking forward to riding with you all.

Cheers,
Tracy

2009 BMW F800GS
2009 BMW G650XC
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
MoxieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #73
mrmagoolin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 516
Quote:
I have been enjoying following the posts here and looking forward to riding with you all. This is going to be a fun adventure and I think it is an awesome plan, won't be surprised if it turns into an annual event.
That was the goal when it was started last year. The hope was that each year someone new and in a differant area would take over and plan it, thus showcasing the riding all over the northwest. And allowing the women to get to know each other and ride together without all the testosterone.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #74
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxieGirl View Post

I will be coming from the seattle area and anyone coming from this area is welcome to ride with me (adventure girl).

I am an dirt instructor for Puget Sound Safety and will be working all the adventure camps. The all woman's camp will be a blast and you will learn much. We are now doing an out ride on the last day so you can apply all you learned out on trail.

I am so looking forward to riding with you all.

Cheers,
Tracy
I am looking forward to hosting a fine group of ladies. Girls just wanna have fun, you know! I woud appreciate the marketing of "fee for service" events be kept off of this thread, however. I already asked maddaddy to please not market the PSSOR courses on here. There is a "vendor" section on ADVrider that is the appropriate place to market your courses. While I am sure some of the gals would love to attend, this is our place to plan our ladies ride (and have a little banter) and nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmagoolin View Post
That was the goal when it was started last year. The hope was that each year someone new and in a differant area would take over and plan it, thus showcasing the riding all over the northwest. And allowing the women to get to know each other and ride together without all the testosterone.
Exactly! Katy and I plan to keep this going every year. We even have some locations pinned for the next couple of years.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #75
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

T shirts

I think we need "3D" t-shirts. What ya'll think?