Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #7036
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol View Post
Generous offer! I'd offer to ride from Canada to Mazatlan just to hang out with you for a day, but then you'd get a restraining order and things would get all weird....unless you really want me to come!
Party too hearty for a Viking? No problem. That's why God invented bail bondsmen.

I heard a rumor regarding anything-goes, five-dollar-lapdances at the local titte bars...
strikingviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #7037
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,404
goodness this is a loooong thread...
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #7038
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
goodness this is a loooong thread...
From servers malfunctioning that lost most of the pics, to me having to delete original journals to keep my publisher happy, this thread is in considerable disarray. Myself and a few of the mods though, have resurrected much of what was first posted here into a much easier to read version here.

National Geographic made an interesting documentary of the South American leg.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #7039
globalklr650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
My girlfriend and I are traveling around the world on one KLR650. We are in Baja Mexico and heading south to argentina. Do you have any advice for Columbia or other countries? I am worried about Columbia after hearing what happened to you. We always look for free camping and go on the roads less travelled.

http://www.facebook.com/theperfectworld2012
globalklr650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #7040
DCrider
Live from THE Hill

Oddometer: 3,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalklr650 View Post
My girlfriend and I are traveling around the world on one KLR650. We are in Baja Mexico and heading south to argentina. Do you have any advice for Columbia or other countries? I am worried about Columbia after hearing what happened to you. We always look for free camping and go on the roads less travelled.
I'm sure SV has tons of great advice, you can also check Radioman's current RR, he's in SA now http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=689134
Old 01-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #7041
pdedse
paraelamigosincero

Oddometer: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikingviking View Post
... this thread is in considerable disarray. Myself and a few of the mods though, have resurrected much of what was first posted here into a much easier to read version here....
Just went back over the first three pages of the version linked above. Everyone loves a beautiful scenic shot of mountains, deserts, playa, jungle...but I find myself drawn to the people pictures spending more time studying the faces, the smiles, the gestures, the lips, the hair, the eyes...my goodness...the eyes! Maybe it's because we search for a common denominator in people who look very different from ourselves. Most enjoyable.
pdedse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #7042
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalklr650 View Post
From what I hear, Colombia has been safe for many years now because the major rebel groups have either disbanded, (ELN) or are in serious negotiations with the government. (FARC) It is my understanding that kidnapping have been renounced by all. Colombians are about the nicest people you'll meet anywhere, with premier doses of culture and scenery.
Good luck amigos.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #7043
65bmwr50
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 534
Locked Up Abroad

Just found your episode on Net Flix. Interesting to watch it again. After reading your response above, it is interesting how a decade can change things.

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. - G. K. Chesterton
65bmwr50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #7044
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65bmwr50 View Post
Just found your episode on Net Flix. Interesting to watch it again. After reading your response above, it is interesting how a decade can change things.
Thanks amigo. A lot of people wrote to me saying they saw my show on Netflix too, but I could not find it. What was it listed as?
Old 01-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #7045
MsLizVt
pfft ...

Oddometer: 1,524
Just trying to be helpful ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikingviking View Post
Thanks amigo. A lot of people wrote to me saying they saw my show on Netflix too, but I could not find it. What was it listed as?

Glen, Hi!

On netflix, it's under Locked Up Abroad, which 65bmwr50 put in the title of his post. Probably you can't see that if you're using tapatalk or on your cell phone.

Here's a link to Locked Up Abroad on Netflix. Click on Number 4 in Season 1, Columbia, and you'll come up on the screen.

LOCKED UP ABROAD

Besides that, hope you're doing well.

Hugs,

Liz (from Vermont)
MsLizVt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #7046
65bmwr50
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 534
Thanks Liz!

For answering his question for me.

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered. - G. K. Chesterton
65bmwr50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #7047
MsLizVt
pfft ...

Oddometer: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65bmwr50 View Post
For answering his question for me.

65, You're welcome! And thank you for sharing that it was on netflix. I didn't know that.
MsLizVt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #7048
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Oddometer: 5,741
Bump. I hope you haven't been abducted by aliens!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #7049
bigdon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,451
He has been Domesticated by a Woman!

Don't stop riding until you get to the crash , you might save it!
bigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #7050
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reposado1800 View Post
Bump. I hope you haven't been abducted by aliens!
I am alive and well amigo and thanks for your concern.

I wrote this for my FaceBook page but you guys might like it too.

To fully develop as human beings we must venture beyond conventional education and push the limits of our existence past the suffocating mundane. Identify the impossible--then challenge the boundaries of logic.

Climb a difficult mountain, train for a world-class event or travel under arduous circumstances into the unknown. To taste the music of the wind we might have to sacrifice a romance, skin our knees, suffer hunger or break a bone as the magic of the universe feeds our collective souls.

Disregard the odds as you push the envelope beyond what others consider wise and you will flourish with a rare, profound energy that is only experienced when boldly leaping outside of your comfort zone.

No matter the mishaps along the way, stagger back to your feet and keep on swinging, bruised knuckles and all. A delicious victory awaits those who persevere. Awake and feel the pulse of your destiny as you discover that you are the world’s greatest everything.
glen heggstad