Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 06:32 AM   #631
MrHix
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Has anyone tried the KTM Hardparts EU certified slipon? It is in the 2012 Street Hardparts catalog.

Cheers,

MrHix
MrHix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #632
Ontario GS
Budding Adv. Traveler

Oddometer: 355
Leo Vince Evo II

I have a 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R and thinking about changing out the stock exhaust and buying a Leo Vince Evo II but, I'm concerned with noise restrictions of exceeding the 94 Db restriction. I have emailed Jim Renazco who has made an inquiry of Leo Vince but, I wondered if anybody has actually tested their LV Evo II sound level and what their findings were?

Husqvarna TE250 (The Gator) -- 10 KTM 690 Enduro

Life ain't about how fast you ride, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Ontario GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #633
lightfighter
where does this go?

Oddometer: 2,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario GS View Post
I have a 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R and thinking about changing out the stock exhaust and buying a Leo Vince Evo II but, I'm concerned with noise restrictions of exceeding the 94 Db restriction. I have emailed Jim Renazco who has made an inquiry of Leo Vince but, I wondered if anybody has actually tested their LV Evo II sound level and what their findings were?
iphone DB ap shows mine with LV to be right at 84 db idle and 98db half throttle, but thats 1 foot directly over the exhaust opening. where do they test from?
lightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #634
WayOutThere
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Wings - excellent quality and price . . .

Just recently installed a Wings titanium muffler with "naked" i.e. non- carbon end cap on my 2012 690 R. Price in US $ delivered to my door in California was about $335. (Got their special winter price which may still be in effect - I'm not sure.) I communicated directly with Gorazd at Wings and couldn't be more satisfied with price, quality or service. I had it built with the quieter DB silencer. Once I got the muffler I installed it myself over an afternoon. Installation was pretty straightforward with the only difficulty being the one-man struggle to get the muffler band nut and bolt connected on the hanger. After I figured out how to use a couple of large zip ties as "come alongs" to snug up the fitting everything finished up smoothly.

At that time I had made no changes on the bike from stock so there were no changes in ECU maps, or air filter, or cannisterectomy, or SAS removal. The bike is definitely a bit louder than stock but not excessively so. Performance is excellent and I've experience no issues with starting, or stalling, or surging, or anything like that. The bike just runs perfectly. Weight savings was about 6 pounds and maybe a few ounces more.

I'm more than satisfied with the Wings product. It can't be beat pricewise, particularly if you order direct, and the quality is damn near on a par with that other what's it's name Slovenian product. If I had it to do again, I'd still buy another Wings muffler.
WayOutThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:24 AM   #635
SKINNY
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOutThere View Post
Just recently installed a Wings titanium muffler with "naked" i.e. non- carbon end cap on my 2012 690 R. Price in US $ delivered to my door in California was about $335. (Got their special winter price which may still be in effect - I'm not sure.) I communicated directly with Gorazd at Wings and couldn't be more satisfied with price, quality or service. I had it built with the quieter DB silencer. Once I got the muffler I installed it myself over an afternoon. Installation was pretty straightforward with the only difficulty being the one-man struggle to get the muffler band nut and bolt connected on the hanger. After I figured out how to use a couple of large zip ties as "come alongs" to snug up the fitting everything finished up smoothly.

At that time I had made no changes on the bike from stock so there were no changes in ECU maps, or air filter, or cannisterectomy, or SAS removal. The bike is definitely a bit louder than stock but not excessively so. Performance is excellent and I've experience no issues with starting, or stalling, or surging, or anything like that. The bike just runs perfectly. Weight savings was about 6 pounds and maybe a few ounces more.

I'm more than satisfied with the Wings product. It can't be beat pricewise, particularly if you order direct, and the quality is damn near on a par with that other what's it's name Slovenian product. If I had it to do again, I'd still buy another Wings muffler.
I just finished installing mine...
even got a free Wings tee-shirt...
this is my second purchase direct from Gorazd and it's been problem free...
SKINNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:37 AM   #636
WayOutThere
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Got the Wings T too!

But I didn't want to brag too much about the deal . . . . . .
WayOutThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #637
sdd04
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 520
are the rest of you installing the Wings leaving the map alone?
sdd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #638
MrHix
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdd04 View Post
I did. I am using the small db killer and have had no issues. Thinking about adding a 90 degree bend tip to the large db killer to see what that does as far as sound.

Cheers,

MrHix
Old 02-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #639
modeselector
Common as muck

Oddometer: 613
Quote:
I remapped my '12 along with a Uni at the same time.
modeselector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #640
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer: 4,732
KTM 690 Dyno from Leo Vince

OEM is 88DB at 3750 @ RPM
Leo Vince is 95 DB @ 3750 RPM (based on the EVO II)

Old 02-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #641
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
I had the Akro map installed with my Wings. No issues.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #642
sdd04
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 520
Just wanted to pass on my "Wings" ordering experience as it was a little out of the ordinary for a mid-western US guy.

I ordered direct from Gorazd in Slovenija from their website. Initially, my emails were being kicked back, so I swapped to my wife's yahoo account, and it all went well from there. It is a bit of a leap of faith, as he will ask for payment up front, but he followed through exactly as he said he would. Once it was ready to ship, it took a week to arrive at my door.

It was well packed, and is a very nice looking piece. Now I can't wait to hear it lol!

Oh yeah, t-shirt and decals were included.

If Wings is what you want, don't be afraid to order.
sdd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #643
MeinMotorrad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHix View Post
Has anyone tried the KTM Hardparts EU certified slipon? It is in the 2012 Street Hardparts catalog.

Cheers,

MrHix
You mean this one: http://shop.ktm.com/uk_en/powerparts...ilencer-3.html

I got it last week - makes a nice noise but is quite stealthy for your neighbours benefit and doesn't attract unwanted attention from the police. I got the one with the cat - it's more expensive but I want to do my bit for the environment.

It is lighter and also cooler running than the stock exhaust. You don't need to install any new engine map either as far as I'm aware, I haven't anyway and the bike runs fine, I just did the throttle reset and the 15 minute idle and all is good.

Wasn't cheap though - 477
MeinMotorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:15 AM   #644
MrHix
Gnarly Adventurer

Steep price, but sounds like it works good.

Thanks,

MrHix
Old 03-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #645
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer: 2,497
'12 here with the Uni Pod and Wings, no remap, no issues at all.

I run the larger diameter screened spark arrestor insert with no ill effects.

Dirty