Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 06:05 AM   #91
boatpuller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonDairyCreamer View Post
Grelcar and Boatpuller, thanks for your comments. I'll be renting a couple of FL models in the coming weeks.
Wonderful, and you are welcome. Please report back after the rentals.
boatpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #92
jprism
Got Miles & Smiles

Oddometer: 79
Big YES on the Goldwing GL1800

Had a 2005 with 125,000 and now a 2010 with 37,000. Oil, filter, tires and never one visit to the Honda dealer. Yes you are supposed to have the valves checked and all that other crap but guess what if you don't it does not void the factory warranty 3 years unlimited miles. p.s. You can remove the rear and front tires on the center stand, buy new tires from Jake Wilson cheap and have them mounted and balanced for $25.00 each. A oil change 10w40, 4 quarts and Fram filter $25.00 takes all of 15 minutes to change again on center stand. Regular gas at 3.49 times 36mpg.

Ride and enjoy...if you ride 2 up with a spouse you will be her King as the back seat is the best around.

Good Luck and Happy Trails
Tennessee Traveler #41
Double Darkside #1164
"Got Miles!"
jprism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #93
LoneTraveler
Captain Zoomtastic

Oddometer: 439
I bought a used 2000 Concours in 2009 with 24k on the clock. It just turned 78k about 2 months ago (I've since bought a Concours 14, so riding that mostly), and in that time, I believe I've spent a grand total of $1200 on maintenance and repairs (not including tyres, which I change probably too often.)

It's one of the simplest bikes to maintain that I can think of, overall. The new C14 is quite a bit more involved, but it's also new, and hasn't had 2 shitheaded previous owners to screw it up...

SuperTour 1
LoneTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #94
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,740
ST / FJR / Connie review:

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...deo-91504.html

This would likely be my choice:

Old 03-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #95
Bug Dr.
Extroverted Loner

Oddometer: 223
JerryH, I might be the only redneck you meet that wears a Roadcrafter and rides a BMW....but thanks for the stereotype.

I owned a ST for three years and put 50K miles on it before I sold it and bought a RT. The ST is one of the most reliable, fun, capable bikes on the planet. It is also quite comfortable IF you take the time and spend the bucks to make it fit you. Very low cost to maintain to boot.

The RT fits me very well and the only thing I've added to it was my Zumo 550 that I already owned and a set of Illium Works highway pegs for my knees. That's it! My dealership consists of good guys/gals and don't spend any of your money that isn't needed. They even let me hang out in the service bay while my bike is being serviced so I can learn.

Does the RT cost more to maintain than the ST? Yes, but not as much as a difference as I thought it would.

To the OP, I think a Wing you fit your needs if you ride two-up. Connie, FJR or ST if solo. I know, it has been said many times on this thread already.

I just thought it was cute that I was basically being called a yuppie and had to respond.
Mike
Old 03-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #96
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Dr. View Post
JerryH, I might be the only redneck you meet that wears a Roadcrafter and rides a BMW....but thanks for the stereotype.

I just thought it was cute that I was basically being called a yuppie and had to respond.
Mike
Jerry usually offends both of the people on the internet who actually pay attention to him. Apparently you are one of them. His posts are rife with stereotype and misinformation he attempts to represent as fact. You're best off to just move along to the next post.

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote