Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #31
sceep
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
Damn what a Husky crew!

What octane did you end up running? Please keep this thread updated!

Either is is the camera angle or it looks like you fixed the subframe.
put in 91. ran great.

subframe fixed, sharkfins added, radiator braces going on tonight.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:14 AM   #32
bmah
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDRZ View Post
BMAH thank's, have you been able to locate the 10w-50 castrol? I've checked all my local auto stores I guess I will try bike shops next then net.
I plan on running Shell Rotella in my TE310. I've been using it in all of my motorcycles.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #33
BillDRZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
2013 te310r stalling still

Well got through my breaking and we had a nice weekend 57F so I was able to get anouther couple hours in. Bike rides like a dream but still stalles when you abruptly let off throttle, one time causing a lowside (no damage). I feel with 6 hours on the bike it's not a breakin issue so I'll be dropping it back off to the dealer for a look over.
Will keep anyone interrested posted.
BillDRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #34
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDRZ View Post
Well got through my breaking and we had a nice weekend 57F so I was able to get anouther couple hours in. Bike rides like a dream but still stalles when you abruptly let off throttle, one time causing a lowside (no damage). I feel with 6 hours on the bike it's not a breakin issue so I'll be dropping it back off to the dealer for a look over.
Will keep anyone interrested posted.
They do that, get a JD tuner and/or an auto-clutch. The dealer likely won't find anything.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #35
JRE
Yo

Oddometer: 235
Curious as to how the power of the 310 compares with an uncorked (jetted/air box modded) DRZ?
JRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #36
lowbudget
_twin brothers on the go_

Oddometer: 324
I bought a 310 2011 a couple of weeks ago - after some modifications it runs really good by now. No more bogging in front of obstacles and it revs better in the top end.

I changed the ECU, the injector, the exhaust and added some stuff I like/need for enduro riding.

But coming from a 300cc KTM 2stroke it still feels a little down on power in the sand

Kawasaki: KLR 600 - #1 1984; #2 1989
KTM EXC 250 2012
Beta: 300RR 2014, Rev 3 270 2005
TM 144EN 2009
lowbudget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #37
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRE View Post
Curious as to how the power of the 310 compares with an uncorked (jetted/air box modded) DRZ?
The 310 is everything the DRZ was supposed to be. Better power across the range, better suspension, better (only slightly) transmission, and (much) better handling.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #38
JRE
Yo

Quote:
The 310 is everything the DRZ was supposed to be. Better power across the range, better suspension, better (only slightly) transmission, and (much) better handling.
Thanks. Had been thinking about a DRZ but have the chance to pick up an '11 TE310 with 2200 mi for a good price. Being that my limited road riding will only be from trailhead to trailhead, I think this will be a good pick. From what I've read here and elsewhere, the 2011+ models are pretty solid.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #39
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRE View Post
Thanks. Had been thinking about a DRZ but have the chance to pick up an '11 TE310 with 2200 mi for a good price. Being that my limited road riding will only be from trailhead to trailhead, I think this will be a good pick. From what I've read here and elsewhere, the 2011+ models are pretty solid.
I had a 2009, it held almost 2 quarts of oil and was an absolute hammer. The reliability of the newer ones was in question at first but those concerns seem to be largely unfounded. I say go for it!

Old 03-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #40
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,564
Quote:
I had a 2009, it held almost 2 quarts of oil and was an absolute hammer. The reliability of the newer ones was in question at first but those concerns seem to be largely unfounded. I say go for it!
If you read Cafe Husky before buying an X-Lite 310, you'd probably go a different direction.
Not many people post up with threads about how well their bike has been treating them - only the relative few who have had problems.

Mine was rock solid, and a helluva lot of fun. I should have gone shorter on the gearing - who'd have thought going up five teeth on the back would still leave that ultra-close ratio gearbox with too tall a first for really long steep technical climbs.

And it was a JD Tuner away from fueling perfection. On the gas it was great, on trailing throttle it was like you turned the key off - and just THINK about touching the throttle and you'd leap forward.
The combo of that and a touchy rear brake made tricky, slow descents.....trickier and slower

I went down from three bikes to one, so I needed something with some street legs.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #41
45LC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Just picked up a leftover 2012 TE310 for a song from my local dealer.
New in crate, power-up kit installed.

40th b-day present to myself. Wifes only comment when I brought it home was "I thought all your bikes were orange?".

Swapped that tiny 40T out for a 48T & gold chain, added a skid plate and a small luggage rack.

So far bike is perfect for trails and qucik blasts around town.

Building a whole seperate supermoto setup including gears and chain so I swap from dirt to street with just wheels & chain. 17" Excel wheels laced to Husky 510 SMR hubs should be here this week.

Hope to see some of you guys at the Desert 100 in Odessa next weekend!
45LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #42
BillDRZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
2013 te310 power up

Wow! Totally different machine the bike went from a chimp to a gorrilla! Power up complete; velocity stack opened, txc intake cage installed, cat removed and reflash. She easily pulls up front in 4th, no clutch needed. Stalling gone, fun factor x10!
Fyi had dealer remove oil hose fitting on oil pan (because I stripped it) there is no screeen there to be cleaned on my bike. Husky also suggested removal of spark arrester for power up but put it back in so I would be state land compliant.
BillDRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #43
JRE
Yo

I picked up my '11 310 this past weekend. Has all the nice mods done to it. Got the title/plate done today, can't wait to get it out on some trails!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #44
BaronVonDarrin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
were there significant changes to the 310 in 2013 here?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #45
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonDarrin View Post
were there significant changes to the 310 in 2013 here?
yes, it got the red head motor that the '12 TXC 310 got.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote