Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > 2 smokers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #16
dooder OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Went over to the hardware store and bought allen head cap screws to replace all the phillips head screws that I took out... I also bought some hose to replace the piece that goes from the oil tank to the oil pump...

I couldn't find fuel line that is the same size as the piece that I took off the bike for reference... Is there a certain kind/size that I should be looking for?
dooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #17
cgk64
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
f-7

The fuel lines I picked up at the Auto parts store. The new line is bigger than original but will work, just have to grease up the grommet going into case. Good luck.
cgk64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #18
dooder OP
Adventurer

Cool!
thanks for replying CGK64.
I'll do just that.

One thing I noticed is that there are 2 fuel lines going from different parts of the petcock assembly to 2 different parts of the carb... On of the lines was not connected to the carb when I opened it up... I wonder if that is the reason why it was parked to begin with.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #19
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 878
you have a good start on your f7!!!! i am doing a similar project with your bikes bigger brother....LOL im working on an f11 250 piston port engine... just had to crack the cases yesterday, got crap stuck in the trans from a failed kick start spring guide...that was fun...
bogieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #20
dooder OP
Adventurer

Does anyone know the bolt size and threads of the kickstarter bolt?
Mines pretty boogered up and I couldn't find the same threads at the local OSH.
May have to order one.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #21
dooder OP
Adventurer

well, I went down to the DMV today.
basically got shut down.
the guy said they couldn't do anything for me unless I went and got a bond from an insurance company.

gonna work on that and ask/read around some more.
might be sunk on this one though.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #22
Magura
n00b

Oddometer: 5
I just bought this bike from dooder.I was looking for pics of similar bikes and found mine I have spark and have already got the bike to fire up with little starting fluid.I am cleaning the carb and the petcock right now and plumbing new oil lines.I do have one question,where does this hose coming out of the front of the crankcase go?It has two stroke dripping out of it and a brass t connector at the end of it
Magura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #23
smokin2stroke
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Thats likely an oil valve on the bottom. My H2B and the like have them as well. You can just block them off with a plate. They were primarily used for emissions in the US back in the day from what I understand.

About that oil leaking out. I'd definitely get that all out. If theres any real accumulation under the crank, the first few throws of the crank could throw enough up in the top to hydrolock the engine. Make real sure you get that cleaned out. If you're still unsure if its totally emptied, pull the plug, put a rag over the head, and push that thing like your push starting it. All will not come out unless the crankshaft get some significant rotation.

Sorry but I dont know where the line would go, likely to the intake tract somewhere. Excessive oil under the crank when its been sitting is common. Likely cause is a leaking check valve on the oil line to the motor (output side of the pump).
Old 03-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #24
Magura
n00b

I just got her back together and she fired right up and is running great!I checked the crankcase and there was only a little oil buildup that once I got her running burned off after a few minutes.I checked the oil pump and its dead so Im running premix and going to fab a plate so I can remove the pump.I also found that someone had brazed a pipe fitting onto the bottom of the tank and the threads dont mach the petcock at all so Im holding it on with a piece of hose and some clamps until I can source a new tank or repair this one.Now that shes running Im going to fix the wiring and install some new lights.

Jeremy
Old 03-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #25
Magura
n00b

and sorry for the huge pics I dont know how to resize them
Old 03-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #26
smokin2stroke
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Good it started for you, runs well, and you are getting is sorted. Ive seen a few motors hydrolock before and the carnage the rod takes doesnt go well was the reason for the warning.

This pic size isnt bad, when you post a pic, insert the pic, then hit the enter key a couple times, then post your next pic then they should appear on over the other.

Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #27
Magura
n00b

Will do!Next on my list is to get some lights hooked up and to modify the fenders a bit.pic's to come

Jeremy