ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #106
alohagirl OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
alohagirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Fortuna, CA
Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Existence_Inc View Post
I have lots of great pics too, but I won't derail the thread.

~Ex

Your bike is gorgeous!!!!!
alohagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #107
Dalmatino
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dalmatino's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Prison Planet Earth
Oddometer: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECN-ROL View Post
I had a problem with my GSXR1000 one time and had to short shift through one tank of gas. I got 60 mpg (imperial). Surprised the hell out of me! So it can be done.

Couldn't get you to bite on that chicken strip comment hah??

What's shakin' L?? Guess who...
Dalmatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #108
DavidBanner
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Planet earf.
Oddometer: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Existence_Inc View Post
I have lots of great pics too, but I won't derail the thread.

~Ex
Toxic 675 thread, now!!!
DavidBanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #109
DavidBanner
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Planet earf.
Oddometer: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECN-ROL View Post
I had a problem with my GSXR1000 one time and had to short shift through one tank of gas. I got 60 mpg (imperial). Surprised the hell out of me! So it can be done.
whoa, 60??

did that problem consist of two cylinders not getting any fuel?
DavidBanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #110
ECN-ROL
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ECN-ROL's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBanner View Post
whoa, 60??

did that problem consist of two cylinders not getting any fuel?
No, it was a fork problem, so I was cruising steady around 60 mph on the interstate. It surprised me also, but I know the mileage was correct because I gassed up immediately before hitting the interstate and therefore had a full tank.
ECN-ROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #111
CoffeeBaron
Italian Stallions
 
CoffeeBaron's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: North West, UK
Oddometer: 45


As said, heres a couple of pics of my supersport tourer! Sadly the weather is still grim here-and snow is on the way! But that ain't going to stop me
CoffeeBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:06 AM   #112
WAP
Weekday Warrior
 
WAP's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: the cut
Oddometer: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECN-ROL View Post
No, it was a fork problem, so I was cruising steady around 60 mph on the interstate.
Sounds more like a wrist problem.
__________________
2002 GS500
2007 SV1S For Sale!
2013 990 SMT
WAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #113
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rico2072's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Tampa Fl
Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohagirl View Post

standing by
Took the pegs to my friend who has been a motorcycle mechanic and even managed race teams for a while. He can fabricate the small spacers I need to make the pegs fit perfectly. Should be getting them back next thursday or so, so when I do I'll post pics of how they came out and how they feel. It is only a 1" drop, but I hope it helps my old bones! LOL
Not that old, but not in the best shape and I've had 2 pretty bad accident in my riding years.
__________________
"Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Wilson
rico2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #114
Jim K.
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, Ct.
Oddometer: 768
I've been riding since 1967, starting with a Suzuki 80. I've never been more than 2 weeks without a bike since then. Every new bike has been bigger, faster, heavier & more comfy than the last. I tour for a minimum of 3 weeks every year, & commute 9-10 months per year. 2 years back I was in the liter bike bracket, 600+ lbs, 110 HP, & finally came to my senses. I realized 2 things: that the sweet spot for me, personally is the 750; & it's easier to adapt a sport bike to touring than a touring bike to sport. I bought a leftover GSX 650 F, at a fire sale price & thought it would be a short term interim bike. After 2 years & 11,500 mi. I'm keeping it as long as I can. If I had to trade it in today, I know exactly what I'd get: a GSX 750. The Gxxer's power, handling, weight, brakes, wheelbase, are all just where I want them. The problems of long dist. touring can be met easily in the aftermarket. (bar risers, seat, luggage, heated grips.) I would rather sacrifice 5% of the comfort on the long drone to the twists in order to get 70% more fun once I get there.
Jim K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #115
alohagirl OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
alohagirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Fortuna, CA
Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico2072 View Post
Took the pegs to my friend who has been a motorcycle mechanic and even managed race teams for a while. He can fabricate the small spacers I need to make the pegs fit perfectly. Should be getting them back next thursday or so, so when I do I'll post pics of how they came out and how they feel. It is only a 1" drop, but I hope it helps my old bones! LOL
Not that old, but not in the best shape and I've had 2 pretty bad accident in my riding years.
A 1" drop should make a huge difference .... can you describe what it is your mechanic is fabricating for you?
alohagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #116
alohagirl OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
alohagirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Fortuna, CA
Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim K. View Post
I've been riding since 1967, starting with a Suzuki 80. I've never been more than 2 weeks without a bike since then. Every new bike has been bigger, faster, heavier & more comfy than the last. I tour for a minimum of 3 weeks every year, & commute 9-10 months per year. 2 years back I was in the liter bike bracket, 600+ lbs, 110 HP, & finally came to my senses. I realized 2 things: that the sweet spot for me, personally is the 750; & it's easier to adapt a sport bike to touring than a touring bike to sport. I bought a leftover GSX 650 F, at a fire sale price & thought it would be a short term interim bike. After 2 years & 11,500 mi. I'm keeping it as long as I can. If I had to trade it in today, I know exactly what I'd get: a GSX 750. The Gxxer's power, handling, weight, brakes, wheelbase, are all just where I want them. The problems of long dist. touring can be met easily in the aftermarket. (bar risers, seat, luggage, heated grips.) I would rather sacrifice 5% of the comfort on the long drone to the twists in order to get 70% more fun once I get there.
Is a GSX 750 the same thing as a GSXR 750, or is it some cool bike the rest of the world gets and US doesn't?
alohagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #117
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rico2072's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Tampa Fl
Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohagirl View Post
Is a GSX 750 the same thing as a GSXR 750, or is it some cool bike the rest of the world gets and US doesn't?
I believe the GSX is the Katana.
PM sent, and I'll post pictures of the finished product when I get them back.
__________________
"Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity. One lick and you'll suck forever!"Brian Wilson
rico2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #118
Jim K.
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, Ct.
Oddometer: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohagirl View Post
Is a GSX 750 the same thing as a GSXR 750, or is it some cool bike the rest of the world gets and US doesn't?
Nope, I just forgot to type in the R. I'm in the good 'ole USA, & subject to the same restrictions on the good stuff as all of us here. If you know anyone who is going over to Europe or Japan, would you have them tell someone that we don't all want cruisers?
Jim K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #119
DavidBanner
Banned
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Planet earf.
Oddometer: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim K. View Post
Nope, I just forgot to type in the R. I'm in the good 'ole USA, & subject to the same restrictions on the good stuff as all of us here. If you know anyone who is going over to Europe or Japan, would you have them tell someone that we don't all want cruisers?
jim...might i suggest we ride to Bar and have a mashed potato and bacon pizza?

i'm over by Danbury.
DavidBanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:11 AM   #120
gto3
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: The skoka
Oddometer: 85
Talking

I agree with Jim K.Sportbikes can make for great touring bikes.I just picked up an 09 zx6r about a month ago,I already put a dirt bar kit on it and I'm waiting for adjustable 2 inch lower pegs from wild hair accessories.I'll have a local welder here reposition the foot controls.I've never found a set of adjustable rear sets that come close to 2 inches.I'm 6'2 and need a lot of leg room.The 2011-2013 gixxer 750 is the bike I would have prefered but their are none for sale in the toronto area(atleast not for the money I wanted to spend) and I got a killer deal from a friend on the ninja.Wish I could post some pics but I seem to be unable to log into my photobucket account.Anyways ,congrats on the bike,happy riding
__________________
Coffee ? Carwash ?
gto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014