ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #4381
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by zookiemike View Post
I was about to go talk at my credit union today and see about a loan so I could buy a ural. LOL.. I might be a little young for all that yet though. Thoughts on Russian bike parts?

This snow and cold needs to quit. I'm thinking I might plan a Tennessee trip via scooter in the next month or two. Why the Hell not. I have some vacation saved up.
With a URAL you can say "F U!" so snow! Just put on a snowmobile suit and rock and roll!

Quote:
If this weekend holds out like my fancy phone says it will, anybody going out for a ride?
I'm also looking for cheaper gps options. My tomtom ONE works awesome but I can't get a ram mount for it. I was just jaming the suction cup thing between the seat and tank on my xr.
Yup.. random night.
Why not get a ram mount for your fancy phone? I use this one for mine:
http://www.amazon.com/RAM-Universal-...m+mount+x-grip

I will be busy this weekend with the little one, but if the weekend holds out like it's supposed to I will HAVE to find some time to ride for sure!
Thanantos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:47 AM   #4382
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by patj View Post
wow, the goat knows his stuff.
Hell yeah! Sorta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
I may have lust in my heart, but it sure ain't for a motorcycle........I'm not THAT old!
Yes you are...I know you love that little Penton...You know your getting old when you can't multi-lust.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:45 AM   #4383
CharlieT
old school

Oddometer: 1,575
Quote:
I was about to go talk at my credit union today and see about a loan so I could buy a ural. LOL.. I might be a little young for all that yet though..
WHAT? A little young for a hack?? How about a challenge.... you and your scooter and me on my 900lb GoldWing hack, strictly off-road, no pavement allowed, only gravel roads and two tracks. We'll see if your old enough yet to even be able to handle an off road hack.

Loser buys the whiskey.

Just remember.....the wisdom and cunning treachery of age will always overcome the strength and skill of youth....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:51 AM   #4384
CharlieT
old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
Hell yeah! Sorta...

Yes you are...I know you love that little Penton...You know your getting old when you can't multi-lust.
Your confusing lust with a manifestation of obsessive-compulsive disorder and the need to acquire more and more motorcycles of all kinds. THat's my professional medical diagnosis.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #4385
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,267
Quote:
My main ridding pard has a ST 1100 Charlie. I love the looks and the sweet motor and it has better suspension. The PC is a much better town bike because the weight is lower, the ST feels top heavy. I'm perfectly happy with the underpowered twin and you can't beat the trunk for shopping and traveling. We rode out to Utah a few years ago and kept trading bikes because he was cramping up on the ST. It even felt cramped to little o me. On the hot days the ST puts out mucho heat and the PC very little. As much as I like the ST its just not for me. And besides, senior chicks dig the PC. You rode my bike and are probably still lusting...Nuff said.

Yes, those senior chicks with their rebuilt hips and knees would rather have a step-through.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #4386
zookiemike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
WHAT? A little young for a hack?? How about a challenge.... you and your scooter and me on my 900lb GoldWing hack, strictly off-road, no pavement allowed, only gravel roads and two tracks. We'll see if your old enough yet to even be able to handle an off road hack.

Loser buys the whiskey.

Just remember.....the wisdom and cunning treachery of age will always overcome the strength and skill of youth....
Sign me up!! I'll put some knobs on my white beater vespa and ride that sucker like them scooter cross dudes in Europe!
But.. good chance a hackwing would roach a big moped lol.

I think i'm going to work with the fleet i have this year. I do like the hacks though.

zookiemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #4387
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Yes, those senior chicks with their rebuilt hips and knees would rather have a step-through.
You forgot boobs.........Shouldn't you be out riding Jeff? No riding here for a while, for me anyway.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #4388
kentnothstine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 604
Quote:
You forgot boobs.........Shouldn't you be out riding Jeff? No riding here for a while, for me anyway.

No riding up here yet, just got a fresh 8 in. over the last couple of days. Will this winter ever end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Once your crotch gets wet it's all over.
kentnothstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #4389
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentnothstine View Post
No riding up here yet, just got a fresh 8 in. over the last couple of days. Will this winter ever end?
I was in TC yesterday. Looked like January. At least the bay wasn't frozen. Maybe we should have taken Jeff up on his invitation to visit NM.? Never too late.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #4390
kentnothstine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 604
Quote:
I was in TC yesterday. Looked like January. At least the bay wasn't frozen. Maybe we should have taken Jeff up on his invitation to visit NM.? Never too late.
If I had the $$$ and the vacation time I would, unfortunatley I am just a workin stiff with lots of years of work ahead. Good thing I am just a youngin' in my 20's.

I haven't seen the Bay freeze since I moved up here 4 years ago. I can tell it its getting later in the year tho, snow is melting on the road almost as fast as it comes down. Also, it could be worse, my brother up in Pellston just got 18 inches of fresh snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Once your crotch gets wet it's all over.
kentnothstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #4391
CharlieT
old school

Hey old goat.....hold off a bit before you head south. We are getting there with the servi-car.

You'd be the hit at the senior center down there amongst all the other snowbird with a *motorized* 3-wheeler. You'll have them blue-haired sweeties lined up around the block waiting for you to give them a ride!!!

Old 03-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #4392
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Dude, I'm going to Texas not Florida. No blue hair there, just Blue Ribbon. Besides I've put in seat time on a CB 360 and don't care to put in any more.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:29 AM   #4393
CharlieT
old school

I told Stephanie we should do this in the living room with one of my bikes.

She said something about it being a cold day......

Old 03-22-2013, 05:39 AM   #4394
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentnothstine View Post
If I had the $$$ and the vacation time I would, unfortunatley I am just a workin stiff with lots of years of work ahead. Good thing I am just a youngin' in my 20's.
30 is closing in fast, Mr. Nothstine. ;)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:06 AM   #4395
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
I told Stephanie we should do this in the living room with one of my bikes.

She said something about it being a cold day......
Perhaps she would be more agreeable if there already wasn't a bike in the bedroom?