ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #9631
teambft
teambft

Oddometer: 1,196
Funny CL fight

CL > nashville > all for sale / wanted > motorcycles/scooters - by owner
Reply 5nkw4-3692210970@sale.craigslist.org [?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-03-19, 9:25PM CDT
RE:RARE DUCATI - $5200 (stilltoofuckinmuchville)
dude, you're an asshole. you paid less than 2 large for that bike like two weeks ago, now you're trying to sell it for more than it's even worth. in perfect running order it's worth ALMOST 4000.00 what the fuck?

oh, and you forgot to mention it needs tires, brakes completely gone through, and I would be surprised if you actually got the tank clean enough, or running right. did you even put a battery in it?

regarding the paint. not original.

the reason the bike is rare is because it's a problematic piece of shit. no real collector would want one, just you, because you're stupid enough to think it's actually worth something.

douche...

You Flagged it after several harassing emails. check it folks:

Scott:
Dont get mad !!!!!!!!!!!! little baby...... If u bought bike u do the same thing....so life will go on....get on cl every 5 mins and u will find u a bike for a great deal too.....good luck..... god bless......thanks

ok, that's not bad. I had my say, you had yours. I probably wouldn't have done the same thing though. posting the the same bike for almost triple what it was on CL for two weeks ago and lying about it's condition. bad juju.
next morning, I get this:
Scott:
Im glad u are gettin all upset i hope u see bike running around...i clean tank put new battery, tires that was on bike was like new and runs great without even rebuilding the carbs..brakes or great..change oil and ride that bitch 70 mph right after that......lol i got $2200 in bike ..got the tags....and even if it dont sell ill ride that bitch all year long...still make a killing later..oh i also got a new shoei helmet with bike u can flag and toomuchfuckerville.its on for $200...lol good luck gettin people not to buy bike or helmet on all the other websites its on.....god bless u......i hope u get over bike cause gettin upset dont look good.....ill take $4800 for bike if u like it so much......thanks scott.....

now I figure what I said is getting to you. maybe you did clean the tank, maybe you did put a battery in it. Tires were not like new though. they're shot. not worn, but old. after sitting as long as they did, they dry up and rot. tires like that cause the bike to lose grip when turning, but hey, you can tell people the tires are good. karma is on you, bud. Brakes were shot. you know it. all you did was pour some new brake fluid in with the old. next time you try to stop after doing 70 mph they might just not work, but hey, it's all good if it ain't you, right?
I'm not upset about not getting it. I don't want it. That is probably one of the least collectible Ducatis out there. You probably figured that out when you got home and couldn't source parts off the internet. woops.

Then I get this from what I assume is Scott's girlfriend:
Burgandy: (no, I didn't misspell her name, she did)

U should post ur number or address along with ur tough man emails Mr badass . Douche

wow. stand by your man, indeed. Burgandy, allowing for the fact that mama was under the influence of an alcohol by the same name when you were conceived in the backseat of a 71' four door nova, that doesn't excuse the fact your name isn't spelled with an "A".
Also, I never claimed to be a badass, but thank you for addressing me as Mr. You could have at least finished up with a "god bless"
And no, I have no intention of posting my personal info. I really don't need or want Honey Boo Boo and Sugar Bear standing on my front porch running my property value down.

How's about you two stick to cooking meth, m'kay?

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3692210970 Posted: 2013-03-19, 9:25PM CDT email to a friend
Avoid scams, deal locally! Do NOT wire funds (Western Union, Moneygram). Beware cashier checks, money orders, shipping, non-local buyers/sellers. More info

FORMAT:mobileregular
Copyright 2013 cra, inc. terms of use privacy feedback
teambft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #9632
drm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
man that add cracked me up especially the location
Old 03-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #9633
TDM Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Hilarious. I saw that bike and sort of wondered what the story was behind it. Now I know
TDM Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #9634
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,125
Is that the blue Ducati 500 on CL?

If so, that guy's current ad is nice... he's interested in trading for a "jeeps wanglers 6cly no 4cyl....bagged ...lowered..."

I assume that he wants a 6cly wangler that's lowered on airbags. Seems legit.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #9635
teambft
teambft

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
Is that the blue Ducati 500 on CL?

If so, that guy's current ad is nice... he's interested in trading for a "jeeps wanglers 6cly no 4cyl....bagged ...lowered..."

I assume that he wants a 6cly wangler that's lowered on airbags. Seems legit.
Yeah - I saw that bike when it was first listed. It was something like $2500-2800. So this current owner bought and listed for $5200. Apparently the dude that is upset may have looked at it (or maybe he was the original seller)

Heck, I've always said let capitalism rule. If the guy can make a profit, fine. But apparently this bike isnt all that.....so buyer always beware.

They're goin at it again today on CL. Man oh man!!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #9636
clocklaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwisty View Post
Believe it or not, I get more miles on it than I've ever gotten on any bike, simply by running Heidenau Scout K60's. I got 8K out of the last rear and the front should go way beyond that. The stock Metzler Tourance EXP's only lasted 3K for the rear and 6K for the front. 8K for a rear tire is unheard of for me. I've never gotten more than 5K out of any rear tire.

The traction control may help too.
Now that may be good reasoning to push me over the edge. I have just over 1,000 on the Conti Motion and I am pulling it off this week because I have total control II next weekend (30th) and want to make sure I have enough rubber for the day.
clocklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #9637
treemuncher
Vegetation Terrorist

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by clocklaw View Post
Now that may be good reasoning to push me over the edge. I have just over 1,000 on the Conti Motion and I am pulling it off this week because I have total control II next weekend (30th) and want to make sure I have enough rubber for the day.
The stock tires on the S10 took me about 4k rear and 10k+ front. The Anakee2 rear that I put on up in Maine wore out at 10k miles but that same tire brought me home and then to Glacier NP and back home. Lots of highway miles gave me the best tire life. The next Anakee rear was toast at 6k because it went to the Ozarks and the Smokies with more aggressive riding.

The S10 still beats the heck out of the ST1300 on tire wear, even though I ride a considerable amount of gravel on the S10. If they made a tractor tire that fit the S10, I would consider going darkside on it.

www.moonshine-run.com where real riders meet
treemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #9638
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemuncher View Post
If they made a tractor tire that fit the S10, I would consider going darkside on it.
That pretty much describes the Heidenau K60.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #9639
ThumperFly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
anyone else on a 2008+ KLR ?
ThumperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:34 AM   #9640
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperFly View Post
anyone else on a 2008+ KLR ?
I'm on an '06 But, I have a local riding buddy who rides an '09.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #9641
Spinnit man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
Ihf

haven't seen a post from IHF since he started his new nose spray, Hope he didn't over nose on that stuff
Old 03-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #9642
teambft
teambft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnit man View Post
haven't seen a post from IHF since he started his new nose spray, Hope he didn't over nose on that stuff
I think he's having major riding withdrawals.....probably holed up in his garage, in fetal position, rocking back and forth and mumbling at his bikes.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #9643
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambft View Post
I think he's having major riding withdrawals.....probably holed up in his garage, in fetal position, rocking back and forth and mumbling at his bikes.
Sounds about right
Old 03-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #9644
clocklaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
Sounds about right
Pretty much just another day then???

I happened to stop by Cool Springs Powersports today......the S10 is still there
clocklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #9645
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by clocklaw View Post
I happened to stop by Cool Springs Powersports today......the S10 is still there
I bet they'll take a trade.

You only live once.

You can't take it with you.

You're not getting any younger.

It's something you can both enjoy.

Borrowing money is cheap right now.

Am I helping?
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote