ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #13606
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Try doing the same thing to a cop meef. Watch how fast you get hauled off. YOU might get off easier once they find out you're a cop,the rest of us are screwed.
Try doing what?

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #13607
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic_detonator View Post
Agreed, I got maced in traffic for nothing really. And as the woman drove off I managed to get her licence plate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
What??????
You have to admit Mic is spelling much better these days but I still have a hard time understanding his posts.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #13608
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,146
Threatening to kick their ass.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...BSx1_VyVVZYb-Q

Danjal screwed with this post 03-23-2013 at 09:58 AM
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #13609
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
And Connery was the greatest Bond, Roger Moore blew.
Amen to that.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #13610
Oceanbum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 403
[QUOTE=MeefZah; And Connery was the greatest Bond, Roger Moore blew.[/QUOTE]

Agreed with Daniel Craig 2nd and Bronson last. Roger Moore still blows in Chillicothe.
I have to wonder that if all of the incidents and attention listed were from a patrol officer of lower rank, would he still have a job?
Old 03-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #13611
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Sorry for spurring this on and getting ridiculously off topic. I'm sure a mod will trim it soon enough.

As far as the "bar fight", or "threats", or whatever you want to call it...

First of all, it's a poor decision for any off duty cop to frequent a bar in his jurisdiction. Having said that, it's not illegal to do so, just not smart.

So the chief goes to a bar, off duty, on his own time; and apparently gets into a kerfuffle with another fellow. The video may as well be just an audio recording, since you can't see anything. The players are not identified, but I'm assuming the more calm sounding guy who doesn't appear to have a ghetto accent is the chief and the other guy, we'll call him Fuckstain McBoogerBreath, is the aggressor. If that is the case, the chief is pretty clearly stating to McBoogerBreath, who it sounds like just "put hands on" the chief, that if he is accosted again, an ass beating of McBoogerBreath will commence.

Granted, we don't know the whole circumstances, and there may be other evidence out there pointing one way or the other, but based on the video; if my identifiers above are correct, the chief was assaulted and in the course of defending himself he made statements to the McBoogerBreath that if he were assaulted again, he would "kick (some) ass".

I see no problem with that. It's certainly not illegal to advise an assailant what will happen to them if they continue their course of unlawful conduct. I mean, I suppose you could argue that it's menacing, or aggravated menacing, but that would entail being unprovoked and threatening someone, not threatening someone in lieu of actually beating their ass after they started a fight with you.

I tell people 5 times a day what I will do to them if they don't comply with my lawful directives, those aren't threats; that's an itinerary of how shit is going to go down if they continue to act stupidly. Continue acting stupidly and bullet points I - XII get implemented. Same thing in this situation. Quit putting hands on the man and it's over, do it again and prepare for a reckoning.

Is the chief a toolbag beyond this? Maybe. I never heard of him before these posts. Perhaps he is locally renowned as a d-bag and there are a lot more locally known or documented incidents, like what Kevin was referrring to. As I said above, it's poor decision making to be frequenting a bar in the place you work, it's basically asking for trouble. That, plus the series of incidents chronicled by The Dispatch and relayed by Kevin could make a case for the chief not using sound judgement, and could get him disciplined or fired.

I would also add that the most effective cops I know, and I not so humbly include myself in that descriptor, turn it off after 8 hours. I actively avoid any sort of confrontations when I am off duty, because I recognize the blow to my career that could be sustained if I end up the subject of some grainy ass video capturing me beating down some dude. Additionally, I have enough confrontations on duty that I don't need to seek them out when I am not working - I don't have to prove anything to anyone and I'll happily walk away and let some idiot think I am a pussy and that he has gotten the best of me. I think those of you who have ridden with me when a confrontation has been looming can attest to that - the hillbilly that knocked my bike over on Beam Road a few years ago on that group ride comes to mind. Having said that, just because I avoid confrontations doesn't mean I'm not ready for them at all times; I just don't feel the need to insert myself in minor situations that don't concern me when I'm not working. A big part of that, and this may be where "007" can learn something, is avoiding problem areas in the first place - bars being a big one.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 03-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #13612
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,469
Fuckstain McBoogerBreath

I know that guy...he's a complete tool

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #13613
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
Fuckstain McBoogerBreath

I know that guy...he's a complete tool
Gee...Tell us how you really feel!
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #13614
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
There's good cops and bad cops, good nurses and bad nurses, good teachers and bad teachers, good carpenters and bad carpenters, good doctors and bad doctors, good people and bad people.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #13615
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
There's good cops and bad cops, good nurses and bad nurses, good teachers and bad teachers, good carpenters and bad carpenters, good doctors and bad doctors, good people and bad people.

good riders and bad riders....good taggers and bad taggers...

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #13616
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,108
And a whole bunch of FF's who can't even stay on topic in a thread where the idea is to look at pictures......

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #13617
Oceanbum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 403
Fixed it for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
good riders and bad riders....good taggers and oceanbum...
Old 03-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #13618
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanbum View Post
Fixed it for ya!
Thought you were riding to Mansfield today!
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #13619
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
And a whole bunch of FF's who can't even stay on topic in a thread where the idea is to look at pictures......
Fuck you man, you want a PIECE OF ME?????????????

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 03-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #13620
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
There's good people and bad people; I haven't met anyone who posts here that I don't like.