ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #7126
A_SAPPER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailor8 View Post
Ive got 2 KLR 650's and a KLR 250. When riding passes in Colorado last summer on the 650, I was thinking how nice the 250 would have handled in the same area. And yes its going to Colorado this time!! Along with the 650 and a 4 wheeler.

As for keeping up on a 250? Come to Swinging Bridges, look up ASapper, Aka Andy and his KLX250. Chase him. Bet ya a cold one that ya dont pass him.

Oh and Andy is vertically challenged, ( no offense Andy!) but his running mounts and dismounts need to be seen!! And you need to check out his aux fuel tank too. Dont follow him across open water!!

Jailor8
I like to get up in there chase Neonguy (Rusty) and try to push him along, he can hold his own and your sure no slug either.

I get passed quite a bit, most of the time its when Im picking the bike up off ground or when its flooed in the water crossings.

The klx (along with the other bikes ) has been getting alot of rest time in the garage. I bought that boat and I had to convince the wife how much I was going to use it. I have it for a year almost now and the new is worn off so I think i can spread out my toys use again now.
I say we all tackle that water crossing again. At least I saved $3 for not using the ferry.
A_SAPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #7127
Jailor8
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,221
Thats not quite right

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_SAPPER View Post
I like to get up in there chase Neonguy (Rusty) and try to push him along, he can hold his own and your sure no slug either.

I get passed quite a bit, most of the time its when Im picking the bike up off ground or when its flooed in the water crossings.

The klx (along with the other bikes ) has been getting alot of rest time in the garage. I bought that boat and I had to convince the wife how much I was going to use it. I have it for a year almost now and the new is worn off so I think i can spread out my toys use again now.
I say we all tackle that water crossing again. At least I saved $3 for not using the ferry.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This is not quite true

....I get passed quite a bit, most of the time its when Im picking the bike up off ground or when its flooed in the water crossings..................

We always stop to laugh, point, and take pictures!! Once we run out of breath laughing and saying man Im glad I didnt do that and paying for our ferry ride, then and only then do we try to help ya out!!

Jailor8

Ps. I always thought you were just trying to chase Rusty away, you know like the neighbors dog or something you dont want to have around the house!!
RIP my Cousin, Austin City Limits aka Terry Hammond
KTM950A, KLR685, KLR650, KLR250, KLX250, Honda Rebel, Foretrax Foreman 4x4
Jailor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #7128
Oh2RideMore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,274
snowy ride on sat/sun

Headed down south next week for a camping trip, and looks like I will hit snow, sleet, rain and cold temps. Wonder if the woman will approve of the 26f low for tent camping? Hoping you all stay safe, and ride away from the 10 inches of snow they got today. Hitting roaring river sat night, if I make it. :)
Old 03-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #7129
Hazman27
The Haz

Oddometer: 659
West End Scout Shop

Besides REI, Alpine Shop, and Wal-Mart. I suggest Going to a Boy Scout shop. There is one located in the West End. From tents to overnight gear including the cheapest price on MSR fuel bottles. I will purchase the $59.00 folding chair with aluminum frame, identical to REI's chair going for $89.00. I have no affiliation to the Scouts other than both of my sons are in. A good selection, decent prices, maybe the money goes to a better cause than Wal-Mart. Just passing some info.
Hazman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #7130
Midnightventure
-

Oddometer: 734
Where is the Boy scout store located? I am probably going to be in St. Louis next weekend and would be interested in seeing it.
Midnightventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #7131
MOFOREST
forest explorer

Oddometer: 24
new adventure rider

Just thought I introduce myself. I have been riding motorcycles since I was 12 but after a year and half of looking I just bought my first dual sport a 2009 650 klr with 2800 miles that were all on the street. Changing my doohickey next week and will be ordering crash bars soon. I have had a 1200 sportster since 05 but wanted to do some adventure riding since I live in one of the best dual sport areas in Missouri, Eminence. I work for the conservation department and have lots of local knowledge of roads and trails in the area. I would like to ride with some of you this summer just pm me if you are in the area. I haven't had this much fun on a bike since I first rode my uncles 76 Honda xl 125 when I was 12.
MOFOREST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #7132
this is a RV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOFOREST View Post
Just thought I introduce myself. I have been riding motorcycles since I was 12 but after a year and half of looking I just bought my first dual sport a 2009 650 klr with 2800 miles that were all on the street. Changing my doohickey next week and will be ordering crash bars soon. I have had a 1200 sportster since 05 but wanted to do some adventure riding since I live in one of the best dual sport areas in Missouri, Eminence. I work for the conservation department and have lots of local knowledge of roads and trails in the area. I would like to ride with some of you this summer just pm me if you are in the area. I haven't had this much fun on a bike since I first rode my uncles 76 Honda xl 125 when I was 12.
Enjoy that klr.
hope to ride with u
this is a RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #7133
Hazman27
The Haz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightventure View Post
Where is the Boy scout store located? I am probably going to be in St. Louis next weekend and would be interested in seeing it.
West Pine, just east of Euclid in the West End. Google it. Abbreviated hours on Saturdays, closed on Sundays. A good selection of camp, outdoor gear, Hammocks, sleeping bags/ mats, ETC. It is no Alpine Shop, but a decent alternative.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #7134
justdirtyfun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
Welcome MOFOREST, you speak the truth. Eminence area can really rock! And I hope your job with conservation is cool, I'm jealous. My job is in a factory filling kids drinks. Come on spring.
justdirtyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #7135
Oh2RideMore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,274
Made it down here in the rain. Freezing now, will have a small bit of ice and snow. Hoping to ride out on Monday, if the roads allow. These hills are impressively steep. 300 mile day that started out decent and ended cold, foggy, and rainy. 39 and 248 are great back roads.

sent from my perfectly sized do it all galaxy note
Old 03-24-2013, 04:26 AM   #7136
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2RideMore View Post
Made it down here in the rain. Freezing now, will have a small bit of ice and snow. Hoping to ride out on Monday, if the roads allow. These hills are impressively steep. 300 mile day that started out decent and ended cold, foggy, and rainy. 39 and 248 are great back roads.

sent from my perfectly sized do it all galaxy note
I am amazed you are riding in this crap! . The forecast is not too promising. 5-8" of snow today, another couple of inches tonight, and flurries tomorrow. I'm heading out of town today, but in a jeep! If you need trailered out of there, I'll be back in town tomorrow. Good luck, and be safe out there.
You are a better man than me! If you've got the right gear, and are warm and dry, have fun.
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:29 AM   #7137
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazman27 View Post
West Pine, just east of Euclid in the West End. Google it. Abbreviated hours on Saturdays, closed on Sundays. A good selection of camp, outdoor gear, Hammocks, sleeping bags/ mats, ETC. It is no Alpine Shop, but a decent alternative.
Do you need a current scout membership card? I need to upgrade my camp chair. I've been carrying around a bag chair for the last few years. I need to save some weight, and space.. This sounds good to me. My two boys and I used to be active, but its been a few years..
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:49 AM   #7138
Hazman27
The Haz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRider View Post
Do you need a current scout membership card? I need to upgrade my camp chair. I've been carrying around a bag chair for the last few years. I need to save some weight, and space.. This sounds good to me. My two boys and I used to be active, but its been a few years..
I wasn't made aware of any "membership card", The register gal didn't elude to needing one, sorry, i am unsure. Website/phone number below, Supposedly their is more than one store in the St. Louis area...

Ultralight Camp Chair
Item: 616028
Availability: In Stock
$59.99
The ultimate camp chair! Featuring the same aluminum pole technology used by DAC in their trekking poles and tent poles, this camp chair is light, strong, and comfortable.
With a carrying bag and breathable mesh backing, this chair is one to always keep on hand in your pack or gear bin.

Optimus® Solo Cook System
$59.99

http://www.scoutstuff.org/
Contact Us
We’re here to help!
1-800-323-0736
Old 03-24-2013, 05:52 AM   #7139
Hazman27
The Haz

Uncle Sams

Another alternative option...Uncle Sams Outfitters, not a bad selection. St. Charles and Manchester Rd. locations, Many people forget these guys, there used to be a $10 or $20 coupon online for signing up for email blasts.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #7140
Hazman27
The Haz

SBR Weather Bracket...

Now that Mizzou and SLU are out of March Madness, Might be time recoup some of my losses, maybe start a weather bracket for the SBR, using temperature ranges and how many inches of snow for the tie breaker...