ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #17941
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer
 
ohgood's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: alabama
Oddometer: 1,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by effensteve View Post
shite man . I can't believe that. You must have one of those 60 hp DRZ's where the back tire never stops shredding.
lmao @ 60hp drz

that's like doing 140 mph on a klr ?
__________________
Donkeys are flying
ohgood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #17942
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover
 
DR650SEDDY's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Phoenix,Az
Oddometer: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by 955616846 View Post
Tractionator H/T would have been the better choice.
+1, The guy i ordered it from is a Baja racer and parts dealer and he strongly suggested this one. He only had the H/T in 130 size, i wanted the 120 size. my luck...
__________________
DR-Z440E 00 - DR650SE 02.
Je ne suis Jamais a l'aise que lorsque je termine mon parcours, parlant d'Enduro bien sure. "DR650sEDDY".
DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #17943
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover
 
DR650SEDDY's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Phoenix,Az
Oddometer: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by effensteve View Post
shite man . I can't believe that. You must have one of those 60 hp DRZ's where the back tire never stops shredding.
i wish but i ride it fantasizing like it is and this is what happened.
__________________
DR-Z440E 00 - DR650SE 02.
Je ne suis Jamais a l'aise que lorsque je termine mon parcours, parlant d'Enduro bien sure. "DR650sEDDY".

DR650SEDDY screwed with this post 03-24-2013 at 10:26 PM
DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #17944
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover
 
DR650SEDDY's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Phoenix,Az
Oddometer: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraUnFirma View Post
What pressure were you running?
I lowered it to 15psi i would have gone down to 12 but i carry lot of tools & stuff and wanted to avoid pinch flat. Some sections have a lots of whoops on it ...
__________________
DR-Z440E 00 - DR650SE 02.
Je ne suis Jamais a l'aise que lorsque je termine mon parcours, parlant d'Enduro bien sure. "DR650sEDDY".
DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #17945
150ron
Beastly Adventurer
 
150ron's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Valencia, ca
Oddometer: 1,175
Tested out the Hot Cams today, on the dirt, very nice, really glad i got em, very impressed at the power gains they provided, bike runs great.








The bike just gets to speed so much quicker now, and pulls strongly all the way there, stock gearing 15/44 works very well as a true 50/50 imho, can climb anything, and hit 90+ mph on the way home


The only thing that sucks about this gearing, is when you are going down steep hills and want to use the engine braking, well, its not there since you can do 22 mph in 1st gear, lol
__________________
Just some dude...
150ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:30 AM   #17946
bkwags
Adventurer
 
bkwags's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Central Wisconsin
Oddometer: 65
Chain Slider

Here's an easy one for the group. I am finishing up my winter science project. Doing research on the effects of road salt and winter driving on a 2001 DRZ 400 by the previous owner.

I am looking for an aftermarket chain slider to begin the reassembly process of the bike.

Remarkably all parts were disassembled with a minimimum of breakage considering pneumatic impacts, 2# hammers, chisels, brass punches, dremels and impact drivers were some of the more common tools used. Along with a two bottles of penetrating oil..

Cheers!!
bkwags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #17947
Falcon86
I just work here.
 
Falcon86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA/Slaty Fork, WV
Oddometer: 1,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post
Tested out the Hot Cams today, on the dirt, very nice, really glad i got em, very impressed at the power gains they provided, bike runs great.


The bike just gets to speed so much quicker now, and pulls strongly all the way there, stock gearing 15/44 works very well as a true 50/50 imho, can climb anything, and hit 90+ mph on the way home


The only thing that sucks about this gearing, is when you are going down steep hills and want to use the engine braking, well, its not there since you can do 22 mph in 1st gear, lol


Which exhaust is that?

And is that Edge brakelight with OEM signals?

Bike looks great!
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #17948
See-Three
C3
 
See-Three's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: New Hampshire Seacoast
Oddometer: 129
I recently had to replace my swing arm chain rub. I went with An OEM as I know it's going to last and only cost $40. Shipping was free from rocky mountain ATV because I was spending onver $100...The cheapest after market I found else were was $36 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSR-Swing-Ar...dd36c8&vxp=mtr


Quote:
Originally Posted by bkwags View Post
Here's an easy one for the group. I am finishing up my winter science project. Doing research on the effects of road salt and winter driving on a 2001 DRZ 400 by the previous owner.

I am looking for an aftermarket chain slider to begin the reassembly process of the bike.

Remarkably all parts were disassembled with a minimimum of breakage considering pneumatic impacts, 2# hammers, chisels, brass punches, dremels and impact drivers were some of the more common tools used. Along with a two bottles of penetrating oil..

Cheers!!
See-Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #17949
bobfab
Beastly Adventurer
 
bobfab's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Westminster CO
Oddometer: 1,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkwags View Post
I am looking for an aftermarket chain slider to begin the reassembly process of the bike.


Cheers!!
I have a TM designworks slider on mine. I wish they made the actual swingarm slider peice too. The quality is good!
__________________
Project Labor of Love: 1972 CT90 Rebuild
Current Stable: VFR800 | CRF250L | KTM200SX
bobfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #17950
150ron
Beastly Adventurer
 
150ron's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Valencia, ca
Oddometer: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
Which exhaust is that?

And is that Edge brakelight with OEM signals?

Bike looks great!
Thank you,

Exhaust is a MRD/SSW, And yes, Edge tail light, but with these turn signals, got em on front and rear.

http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/P...3_114147_41011
__________________
Just some dude...
150ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #17951
rube
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Pinehurst, NC
Oddometer: 80
Forget Motoz try Teraflex

Try the Teraflex if you are looking for an aggressive tire!
http://www.mandhtires.com/Teraflex-T...5#.UVCYP8u9KSM

Not at all smooth on the street. They used to stock a 150/90-18 which is what is on my drz now.

rube
rube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #17952
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer
 
TIGERRIDER007's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Acworth, GA
Oddometer: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by rube View Post
Try the Teraflex if you are looking for an aggressive tire!
http://www.mandhtires.com/Teraflex-T...5#.UVCYP8u9KSM

Not at all smooth on the street. They used to stock a 150/90-18 which is what is on my drz now.

rube

Rube, how long do these last in moderate conditions? Can you describe them a bit more? They look intense!
__________________
Scott
06' Triumph Tiger (my lifer)
05' Husqvarna TE510 (yeller and blue)
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #17953
rube
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Pinehurst, NC
Oddometer: 80
Teraflex

I have not kept close enough tabs on the milage so I cannot comment on longevity. People who seem to know more than me on the web say that it lasts for a long time.
The tire is very heavy, and from what I read before buying it can be hard to mount. I did not have difficulty mounting it at home with tire irons (no machine). Side walls are very stiff and there are stories about people running them with no air for a while after losing the valve stem due to spinning.
Not a universal tire for sure. I put it on when I was riding a lot of sand in Florida. The Teraflex digs in and throws big roost!
I have used it on the street some and it is not a smooth ride. I did not balance it either tough, so maybe that has a lot to do with it!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318905
http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/418433-teraflex-tire/

rube
rube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #17954
mark1150
Gnarly Adventurer
 
mark1150's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Wisbechistan UK
Oddometer: 185
Can someone tell me how this fits?

This might be a dumb question .
Just bought this on e bay and I don't think that it will come with instructions?


It's a Clarke 13.7 Ltr tank, and I was wondering how the brace is fitted whether it sits in front or behind the rads?
A picture would be helpful if anyone has one.
Thanks,
Mark.
mark1150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #17955
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer
 
TIGERRIDER007's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Acworth, GA
Oddometer: 739
Apparently, the company was making tires over here, then changed over to Chinese labor and the tires are now lasting about half as long. This is after reading a review thread in Thumpertalk. There was at one time, two different types, type 1 and type 2, which had something to do with longevity.
So, keep us informed at how these are doing, I'm a little hesitant now, the d606 is a sure thing, but these tires just look like they dig in, but I wonder about longevity....



Quote:
Originally Posted by rube View Post
I have not kept close enough tabs on the milage so I cannot comment on longevity. People who seem to know more than me on the web say that it lasts for a long time.
The tire is very heavy, and from what I read before buying it can be hard to mount. I did not have difficulty mounting it at home with tire irons (no machine). Side walls are very stiff and there are stories about people running them with no air for a while after losing the valve stem due to spinning.
Not a universal tire for sure. I put it on when I was riding a lot of sand in Florida. The Teraflex digs in and throws big roost!
I have used it on the street some and it is not a smooth ride. I did not balance it either tough, so maybe that has a lot to do with it!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318905
http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/418433-teraflex-tire/

rube
__________________
Scott
06' Triumph Tiger (my lifer)
05' Husqvarna TE510 (yeller and blue)
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014