Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #121
70East
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieO View Post
I informed them of the issues you were having and Rick remedied it and installed mine yesterday.
I'm curious as to what the remedy was? I'm going to have to find an 08-12 and bust out ye ole micro meter. Because everything looks the same, along with same BMW part numbers. But I'm with Mtl Biker, I don't like how the Pivot Pegz mount on my '13. Matter O'fact my OCD got the best of me and I pulled them off and put the factories back on, until I hear otherwise. Sucks because Pivot Peg platforms are nice.
70East is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #122
RobbieO
Banned

Oddometer: 8,161
Fox8, your OCD did not get the better of you......there are issues putting Pivotpegs on a 2013 800GS.

The left footpeg opening is 1mm narrower than the right side and needed to be ground out for the pegs to fit, and another spacer had to be made for the pegs.

Pivotpegs seems to be off the ball on this one............
RobbieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #123
Mtl_Biker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 582
Robbie, is your bike a factory-lowered version? Do you know how he remedied it? If you look at the left peg, can you tell me whether it sits at the lower end, upper or centered within the space the peg fits? Did they use some kind of larger spacer on the peg?

Are you close enough to them to actually visit them or did they just send you a remedied kit?

And as far as buying local goes, I bought these from my local (right here in Montreal) dealer who special ordered them for me.

Quote:
Eldor, it's too bad you don't do business with Dual Sport Plus........
I informed them of the issues you were having and Rick remedied it and installed mine yesterday.
It pays to buy local!

ps. The AltRider crash bars I bought from them were perfect.....not a single defect...
Mtl_Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #124
RobbieO
Banned

Yes, Eldor, the bike is factory lowered.......
The bike was in their shop to get some lights installed and I had Rick look at the pegs because of the issues you listed.
Yes, they had to steal another spacer from another set of Pivotpegs to remedy the problem, and some grinding was required for the left footpeg to fit.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #125
Mtl_Biker
Studly Adventurer

Gee, this is getting more and more complicated...

Do you have the Mark 3 Pivot Pegz or an earlier model? And is it PP-13MK3 that you have? If so, I don't understand what you are talking about regarding something being narrower and needing to be ground out for the pegs to fit.

Do yours look like the ones shown in the excellent photos Lucifer666 posted one page back in this thread? That's what mine look like. Although his seem to be spaced better than mine and we can't really see what kind of a spacer was used on his installation.

The issue I have is that the space where the pegz fit onto the bike is MUCH larger than the Pegz and even with the dinky little spacer supplied, there is way too much (IMHO) "slop" in that the Pegz could be positioned at the top of the retaining pin or the bottom. And when at the top, there's nothing to keep them from gravitating down to the bottom (or to the spacer). Even at the top, the "platform" where the foot goes, puts the Pegz quite a bit lower than the stock peg does, and at the bottom of course it's even lower.

It just doesn't seem right that there isn't a large enough spacer supplied, or different Pegz with the part that fits into the bike being wider.

Quote:
Fox8, your OCD did not get the better of you......there are issues putting Pivotpegs on a 2013 800GS.

The left footpeg opening is 1mm narrower than the right side and needed to be ground out for the pegs to fit, and another spacer had to be made for the pegs.

Pivotpegs seems to be off the ball on this one............
Old 03-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #126
Mtl_Biker
Studly Adventurer

Robbie, can you post a closeup photo of the left peg installed on your bike?
Old 03-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #127
RobbieO
Banned

PP-13MK3 Pivotpegs on a 2013 GS800...

Left side

Right side

Old 03-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #128
Mtl_Biker
Studly Adventurer

Thanks for the photos, Robbie. Can you tell where/what had to be ground out to make it fit?

Instead of using the supplied spacers which I think are too narrow, I bought a couple of stainless steel nuts that I'm going to use instead of the spacers. One of those is just about a hair thinner than both supplied spacers together. This way there would STILL be adequate play in the assembly.

I'm going to try to install the pegs tonight, but with no center stand it's a bit tough doing the left side.

Do you have a center stand? Mine (cut down, welded and painted) is due sometime this week. (Edit: Sorry, dumb question. I can see your center stand in the photos you posted.)
Old 03-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #129
70East
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Well, that's how I had mine at first, except with a washer at the top. Then I flipped them with the washer at bottom and spacer at top. Then I took them off. Now I may just go back to the pictures of RobbieO. Going back to the stock pegs these past two days sucked.
70East is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #130
Ply318ci
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
IMS Superstock Footpegs

IMS Products makes their Superstock pegs for the F800GS. I love them, the teeth are not so sharp the cut up your boots and they are bigger then stock without being to huge.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Ply318ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #131
runnin4melife
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Anyone ever put highway pegs on the front crash guard for long trips? I have been contemplating it to change leg positions during many long hrs in the saddle.
runnin4melife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #132
Tausendfüßler
A hardcore whisk-up!

Oddometer: 4
PivotPegz great...mount spring flimsy!

I've ridden with Pivotpegz Mk II's for years and decided to buy some Mk III's a week ago to try out the wider base.

So far I really like them for all the reasons stated above, however I noticed that the mount spring is a thinner gauge, shorter length and generally flimsier than what was on the older Mk II's.
Main functional issue is that the peg doesn't firmly return to flat if I accidentally kick it up. Definitely not a deal breaker, but kinda cheapens the sweetness for me.

I emailed their US support, but no reply yet...

Tausendfüßler screwed with this post 08-20-2013 at 07:51 AM
Tausendfüßler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #133
Mongo357
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
aftermarket rubber inserts?

I'm thinking about upgrading to pivot pegz, but I'm pretty sure the stock rubber inserts won't fit. I only use the inserts on long highway trips, but for that use they save my knees from a lot of engine/road vibration. I'm not sure if I would want to give them up. Do the pivot pegz come with similar inserts? Or would it be possible to modify the stock rubber to fit in the pivot pegz?
Mongo357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #134
runnin4melife
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803

Just weld some extensions, I am a cheap ass
runnin4melife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #135
Mongo357
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin4melife View Post
Just weld some extensions, I am a cheap ass
Good idea, but it was the pivot movement that I like more than the square footage. Yes I might be able to make the stock pegs pivot, with the right tools...
Mongo357 is offline   Reply With Quote