User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #61
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,484
Expedition paniers

If any of y'alls are gonna trade your black epeditions for these just let me know. I rather have the smaller ones as I have larger top bags.

Thanks!
browneye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #62
kcc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
D'oh.

Nice, crisp new Tetons (late Christmas present) mounted on the 990 but haven't even been on a ride yet

Wish I'd known the Rocky Mountains were coming!

Chris - PM sent - if you don't need the waterproof I'll definitely sell mine to you as I'm quite interested in the larger bags - any trade or upgrade path available? Or any other inmates interested in as-new Tetons?
Old 03-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #63
lightfighter
where does this go?

Oddometer: 2,197
Wolfman luggage dot com got a cool new facelift.

Now where's my 1.5 liter bottle holsters??? 😃
lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #64
Gumbeaux
The Chameleon

Oddometer: 789
Got my Rocky Mountains...

Wooooooo. These are nice!

Perfect fit for the F800GS.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #65
Kainic
Almost there

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
Got my Rocky Mountains...

Wooooooo. These are nice!

Perfect fit for the F800GS.

Needs to post pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Kainic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #66
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,999
Any pictures of these on a Tiger 800 XC with your racks? Sooo close.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #67
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,440
How have I missed this awesome new product? I must say that this kit equals and maybe exceeds the Adventure-Spec Magadan Panniers. Way to raise the bar. Would be my choice for a RTW trip or Rocky Mountain exploring. Nice job Wolfman.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #68
flyingscotsmac
Mac

Oddometer: 7
Would someone give us a review or two? Also more pics! Hoping to see more on the DR650 and F800GS.
flyingscotsmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #69
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,406
I'm looking at these for 2-up camping with my 12 year old on my 990 ADV; how passenger-friendly is the attachment over the seat? KTM racks, will these work with the "Other racks" option?

Thanks!

Steve
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #70
joon1911
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Compatibility with non-Wolfman racks?

Hi,

Those packs look great. I'd personally rather ride with a soft pack system more than rigid panniers most times. Question though do you think these would work with the standard OEM GSA pannier racks? I was thinking I could mount a plate on the left hand (asymmetrical) rack and mount my tent and Kermit chair in that area behind the pannier.

Do you know if this would work or would I have to buy the Wolfman rack to use these bags?

Thanks in advance.
joon1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #71
Poznos
Idiot with a Wrench

Oddometer: 47
Question Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by khpossum View Post
look a lot like the Adventure Spec Magadan panniers. I was about ready to buy a set of those, but I may have to rethink that. A little cheaper. No slash proof kevlar though. How about provisions for PacSafe cables? Are bottle carriers part of the package?

You are close by so I can have a look at them I presume?

KP
I've got the same thoughts except I'm 4-hour journey away from the nearest Wolfman dealer. I do my fair share of escapading off into the wilderness but I commute on my bike too so security is important. Do they work with the PacSafe cables, & how immune are they to thieves with pocket knives? And, provided they're not ever stolen, how long can I expect them to hold up to wear and tear?
Sorry, never bought anything from Wolfman before so I've got nothing to hold these up next to. I've got your racks on the way in the mail though.

Also, we need more reviews & pictures. Quality aside these are some good lookin' bags!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #72
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poznos View Post
I've got the same thoughts except I'm 4-hour journey away from the nearest Wolfman dealer. I do my fair share of escapading off into the wilderness but I commute on my bike too so security is important. Do they work with the PacSafe cables, & how immune are they to thieves with pocket knives? And, provided they're not ever stolen, how long can I expect them to hold up to wear and tear?
Sorry, never bought anything from Wolfman before so I've got nothing to hold these up next to. I've got your racks on the way in the mail though.

Also, we need more reviews & pictures. Quality aside these are some good lookin' bags!

If you're buying wolfman racks and ride off pavement, then I would get one or the other of their bag sets.

That said, they are not secure. If you really think someone is going to slash them to access the contents, and you need bags for commuting, then consider a set of Seahorse cases with padlocks for your commute - about $150 with mounting hardware. Then you would, in my opinion, have the best of all worlds.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #73
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 8,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
If you're buying wolfman racks and ride off pavement, then I would get one or the other of their bag sets.

That said, they are not secure. If you really think someone is going to slash them to access the contents, and you need bags for commuting, then consider a set of Seahorse cases with padlocks for your commute - about $150 with mounting hardware. Then you would, in my opinion, have the best of all worlds.
While I would agree with your assessment, you know that a determined 10 year old can breech the security of damn near ANY bag, hard or soft, I trust.

The hard bags may offer an illustion of security, and it may slow down casual theives slightly more than a pac-safe protected soft bag would, slinging terms like secure as if they were absolutley is, perhaps, misleeading (Note Bene, I am not slagging anyone here, just pointing out an alternate view on the use of hard/soft bags).
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance. T.R.
bomber60015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #74
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber60015 View Post
While I would agree with your assessment, you know that a determined 10 year old can breech the security of damn near ANY bag, hard or soft, I trust.

The hard bags may offer an illustion of security, and it may slow down casual theives slightly more than a pac-safe protected soft bag would, slinging terms like secure as if they were absolutley is, perhaps, misleeading (Note Bene, I am not slagging anyone here, just pointing out an alternate view on the use of hard/soft bags).

For that matter, anyone could just steal the whole damn bike.

Locked hard cases are much more theft deterrent than soft bags. Period. Secure? Shit, I dunno. I have both, never lock anything, leave the keys in half the time, leave my helmet, tank bag, etc. I just don't ride my bike where it has to be 'secure', except when it's at home and then it's locked in a garage and the key is hidden.

The question was what bags he should get when he's already ordered Wolfman racks. Duh, that would be wolfman bags. already.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #75
D-Train
Ridin' Dirty

Oddometer: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleycatdad View Post
I'm looking at these for 2-up camping with my 12 year old on my 990 ADV; how passenger-friendly is the attachment over the seat? KTM racks, will these work with the "Other racks" option?

Thanks!

Steve
Hi Steve,

These will work great on the 990 with the "other" rack option.
http://wolfmanluggage.com/index.cfm?...product_id=197
There is a video on that page as well showing them on a 950.

You have a couple of options with the straps, you can either move the buckles all the way over to one side or get some of these
http://wolfmanluggage.com/index.cfm?...product_id=310

I use these with my 12 year old as well and he does not complain...at least about the straps Thanks Steve