User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 04:31 AM   #24916
jrusto
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Thanks

Thanks for your response. I did pressure wash it since it was filthy from my shake down ride. I will check all the things you mentioned but how do I check fuel pump displacement. Dont know a lot about those things since I worked on simple 2 strokes. I would assume I would pull it off and turn the key on to see if it is spraying. Where is the best place to pull it apart to check.

Thanks again
Rusty
jrusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:34 AM   #24917
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrusto View Post
Thanks for your response. I did pressure wash it since it was filthy from my shake down ride. I will check all the things you mentioned but how do I check fuel pump displacement. Dont know a lot about those things since I worked on simple 2 strokes. I would assume I would pull it off and turn the key on to see if it is spraying. Where is the best place to pull it apart to check.

Thanks again
Rusty
These things hate pressure washing!!! To many parts that don't like water!! Just drain the gas, put some fresh in and give it a go. It might take awhile. Pull the air filter too and see if its water logged. You can stray some WD-40 in the inner screen of the intake and let it drain out with the water if there's any. The filters are very susceptible to getting wet one these bikes! I never had any trouble until I started riding in the snow.
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #24918
tlking6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Quote:

Thanks again
Rusty
Pull your spark plug lead and blow air in and around the plug. That port doesnt drain and any water in there at all will cause exactly what you described.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #24919
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlking6 View Post
Pull your spark plug lead and blow air in and around the plug. That port doesnt drain and any water in there at all will cause exactly what you described.
The plug is recessed pretty deeply in the head. I wish there were an easy way to clean the spark plug well. Can't exactly pull the plug and then blow any crap that's in the well around; some of it will end up in the cylinder. Best one can do is what tlking describes above; blow air into the well with the plug in place and that will hopefully clear out any crap.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #24920
begeberg
That'll leave a mark..

Oddometer: 2,292
Could be the fuel pump again....

I hate to say this but you are describing EXACTLY how my bike acted when the fuel pump died. When you turn the key on does it prime for a few seconds? If not, start focusing there.

My pump took abpout 200 hundred miles to completely die, running rough, not idling and then finally backfiring a bit and then no start.

Halls has a better replacement pump and much cheaper as well.

Quote:
I just bought a 2008 610 from my brother. Took it on a 80 mile shake down before I bought it and all seemed fine. A week later took it out for a 15 minute run and again all seemed fine until I pulled back into the carport when the bike would not idle and killed. Started it again but it would not idle. Started it again and it back fired and would not start. Kind of went over some things but with out even an owners manual I did not know where to look. Talked with my brother and found that it would not start with him after running fine on a trip to Colorado. He changed the fuel pump and it started back up. He told me that the battery might be old so I put a new battery in.

After installing the new battery, I tried to start it again and after a turning over a bit it back fired and then started but again would not idle. It started a couple more times and now will not start. I am new to four strokes especially with EFI systems.

I am not a total novice in motorcycle repair having worked my way through college at the now defunct Husky Dealership in the early 60 as well as wrenching on my sons Motocross efforts for a few years.

Any ideas on where to start would be greatly appreciated

Funniest truthism ever.....
begeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #24921
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
06 smr450 rims on 08 te610

Picked up these babies but not sure if ill have to replace the bearings and spacers on both wheels?
Maybe just the spacers between the bearings? Couldnt find out even though its been asked previously.

Anyone have sm front brake/caliper would want to sell or trade for te + $ ?

Edit: After speaking with Dan at Motoxotica, I found out they should bolt right up.

uska screwed with this post 03-26-2013 at 01:55 PM
uska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #24922
stujamur
Havin the craic

Oddometer: 1,104
Fellas my mates 08 610 broke down last nt . Just stopped like it rang out of petrol .

Went and got trailer and upon return it fired up and ran fine again.

Bike often sits a month between rides not on charger so thinking battery may be cactus ?

Any other things i should check over ?

Got a descent ride coming up and don't want bike failing miles from no where .
Old 03-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #24923
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by stujamur View Post
Fellas my mates 08 610 broke down last nt . Just stopped like it rang out of petrol .

Went and got trailer and upon return it fired up and ran fine again.

Bike often sits a month between rides not on charger so thinking battery may be cactus ?

Any other things i should check over ?

Got a descent ride coming up and don't want bike failing miles from no where .
Dang! The Huskies are dropping like flies!
See from post 25054 on.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #24924
BrandonR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Dang! The Huskies are dropping like flies!
See from post 25054 on.
They are starting to age the newest 610's are 4 years old now, this thread will naturally turn from a "new bike" to a "how to fix" thread.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #24925
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Haan wheels?

I'm looking to change the rear wheel on my 610 to a cush. Not really interested in this turning into a debate about whether that's necessary. I'm convinced it will be worth it in the long term, at least enough to spend my money, not yours, on it.

I've priced out RAD hubs, and they have been a site supporter at times.

I also discovered Haan hubs, which may be lighter, stronger and mo betta. They are made in Holland from 6082, which is the new 6061. Similar material breakdown and cost, but about 10-15% better mechanical properties across the board. They use Excel rims, which is obviously good. Pro Circuit recently started distributing them, but the flat-hatted mouth breather I talked with at their HQ on the phone today told me if it's not on their web site, please GFM.

Anyone have any experience with Haan hubs? Know if they make the TE610 application?
Old 03-27-2013, 04:38 AM   #24926
stujamur
Havin the craic

Oddometer: 1,104
Battery test on 610 that died .

Battery read over 13v on multimeter , while idling over 14v and when reved to 3000 rpm droped to about 13.5v.

I know f all about this so googling as i go . From what i read drop in volts = bad battery , stator or rectifier ????

Mmm where to next .
Old 03-27-2013, 04:58 AM   #24927
DutchGrandia
b00n

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
Anyone have any experience with Haan hubs? Know if they make the TE610 application?
They have an excellent reputation overhere, but we might be biased since they are Dutch
Here's the 2011 catalogue (the 2012 is on their site, but for some reason does not include their wheels). As you can see, for other brands they have hubs with cush drive, but for husqvarna they don't list them. On the other hand, the Husqvarna Speedbrain team uses Haan wheels, so perhaps they have added them.
You can always drop them a message at sales@haanwheels.com

DutchGrandia screwed with this post 03-27-2013 at 06:15 AM
DutchGrandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:16 AM   #24928
flyrodder
Donny, please.

Oddometer: 2,933
Check the battery terminals, make sure they are tight. If it cranks and the other electronics seem to work, may not be a battery. Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you switch the key?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #24929
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,352
Quote:
I'm looking to change the rear wheel on my 610 to a cush. Not really interested in this turning into a debate about whether that's necessary. I'm convinced it will be worth it in the long term, at least enough to spend my money, not yours, on it.

I also discovered Haan hubs, which may be lighter, stronger and mo betta. They are made in Holland from 6082, which is the new 6061. Similar material breakdown and cost, but about 10-15% better mechanical properties across the board. They use Excel rims, which is obviously good. Pro Circuit recently started distributing them, but the flat-hatted mouth breather I talked with at their HQ on the phone today told me if it's not on their web site, please GFM.
GFM??
If you haven't, I'd pick Woodys brain. Before the Husky specific RAD hubs, he was adapting a cush hub for them. Whether it was a RAD or not I don't know. Then there is the Husky cush from around 2001+-.
I would like to get one too. But$$$ and I don't do many asphalt miles.
Good luck-

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #24930
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,388
Quote:

Won't a rear wheel from a 2000 model 610 fit? The 2000 to 2003's for sure had cush rear drive hubs.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote